Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A 90s golfer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm

being a 90s golfer is like between a rock and a hard place

occasionally....one get close to hitting mid 80s...if not for a handful of bad decision

though in the 90s allow one to play with most of other more profficient levels...but there is always the ' IF only..... ' moments

a golfer in the 90s has many times been viewed as high potential but low realization

so there go......a 90s golfer
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm

your point being?
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Yeap I feel it too.. Being a 90s player
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm

At least a 90s player, sometimes I am a 120s player.
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 236
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm still hoping to be a 90s player..
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Duval_S wrote:
being a 90s golfer is like between a rock and a hard place

occasionally....one get close to hitting mid 80s...if not for a handful of bad decision

though in the 90s allow one to play with most of other more profficient levels...but there is always the ' IF only..... ' moments

a golfer in the 90s has many times been viewed as high potential but low realization

so there go......a 90s golfer
I'm HOPING to be a 90s golfer.

But the unfortunate reality is that, I'm hoping to break 120 and shoot in 110s.
Back to top Go down
RocknRoll
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Newtogolf wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
being a 90s golfer is like between a rock and a hard place

occasionally....one get close to hitting mid 80s...if not for a handful of bad decision

though in the 90s allow one to play with most of other more profficient levels...but there is always the ' IF only..... ' moments

a golfer in the 90s has many times been viewed as high potential but low realization

so there go......a 90s golfer
I'm HOPING to be a 90s golfer.

But the unfortunate reality is that, I'm hoping to break 120 and shoot in 110s.


Hi Newtogolf,

Maybe try non forged irons and buy some more forgiving irons until your swing is more consistent....... Helped me a lot. I switched from Wilson Forged to Callaway RazrX: scores dropped at least with ten for a full round bounce
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Quote :
andrew-golf wrote:
your point being?



Just sharing the plight of one
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 am

90s Golfer? I at least 20 points away (on a good day some more)...

For a moment, I thought the post was about golfers in the 1990s... scratch
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Near Boon Lay MRT

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:08 am

I usually put 90 as my par standard. So if I break 90, I am playing under par that day. If I miss green and got bogey, that is up and down. Somehow, I play with less pressure like that.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:36 am

ChrisD wrote:
At least a 90s player, sometimes I am a 120s player.

Chris, my opinion only hor. You are the only one I noticed that are always trying to tell people you are playing lousier than you actually do.......hahahhahahhahahah. I swear its the truth and if I noticed it, I am sure other people who bet with you don't buy this kind of talk lol! ROFL

titu

Sorreee pitcha lobang bro
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 am

I think 90s is too vague and wide. I dare say that many golfers are in the 90s category but it doesn't say very much about their skills.

So, I've decided to split 90s into 2 parts. A high 90s and a low 90s. I would call mid-90s to be either a good game (if you're in the high 90s category) or a bad game (if you're in the low 90s category).

Right now, I'm in the high 90s and aiming to move downwards.

Saves me the trouble of stressing myself over trying to get that elusive number 8* in the score.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:47 am

For once I thought DS is referring to the age and I almost raised my hand.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 am

nutty88 wrote:
For once I thought DS is referring to the age and I almost raised my hand.

Age or year of birth? I panicked for a second.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:38 am

Tituman wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
At least a 90s player, sometimes I am a 120s player.

Chris, my opinion only hor. You are the only one I noticed that are always trying to tell people you are playing lousier than you actually do.......hahahhahahhahahah. I swear its the truth and if I noticed it, I am sure other people who bet with you don't buy this kind of talk lol! ROFL

titu

Sorreee pitcha lobang bro

I notice that too! Laughing

the other one is Aloyboy, 80s player claiming 90s tongue
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 am

i have already give up the idea of trying to play 90s liao....looks so far far away from me...sigh !!!!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 am

Technospaz wrote:
I think 90s is too vague and wide. I dare say that many golfers are in the 90s category but it doesn't say very much about their skills.

Agreed just like our best 19 handicappers in the world who "makan" a tour player's $$$ hahahaha....

Technospaz wrote:
Right now, I'm in the high 90s and aiming to move downwards.

Saves me the trouble of stressing myself over trying to get that elusive number 8* in the score.

With your current hybrids shots... it's coming down very very soon...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 am

WMF, I only played well that day because, as they say...

... you complete me.

Haha! Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 am

Technospaz wrote:
WMF, I only played well that day because, as they say...

... you complete me.

Haha! Smile

ssshhh, mloy and kat are watching the threads...lay low.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 am

pushslice wrote:
Tituman wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
At least a 90s player, sometimes I am a 120s player.

Chris, my opinion only hor. You are the only one I noticed that are always trying to tell people you are playing lousier than you actually do.......hahahhahahhahahah. I swear its the truth and if I noticed it, I am sure other people who bet with you don't buy this kind of talk lol! ROFL

titu

Sorreee pitcha lobang bro

I notice that too! Laughing

the other one is Aloyboy, 80s player claiming 90s tongue

Tks for the second Panji. Otherwise people think I have an axe to grind ahhahhahahhha. Just from observation la Chris. Again sori for pitcha lobang but must make playing field fair lor.... lol!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:45 am

pushslice wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
WMF, I only played well that day because, as they say...

... you complete me.

Haha! Smile

ssshhh, mloy and kat are watching the threads...lay low.

I am watching this too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 am

Bloody voyeurs!

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Bloody voyeurs!


_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 764
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 52
Location : Metro Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Being a 90s player is not bad specially when you just play Golf on Sunday

If you are playing golf 3x a week and still shooting 90s then...

Yah-Kian-Siao .

I saw a few golfers who are liked that. But they shoot like that becoz they do not correct their swing. They just play for fun and do not care for their score.
And even bet money.

anyway. I think practicing short game will definitely lower down our score.
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2715
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 30
Location : EEEEAAAASSSSTTTTT

PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Being a 90s player is not bad specially when you just play Golf on Sunday

If you are playing golf 3x a week and still shooting 90s then...

Yah-Kian-Siao .

I saw a few golfers who are liked that. But they shoot like that becoz they do not correct their swing. They just play for fun and do not care for their score.
And even bet money.

anyway. I think practicing short game will definitely lower down our score.

Sounds like ure referring to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A 90s golfer   Today at 9:07 am

Back to top Go down
 
A 90s golfer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Another golfer struck by lightning
» Help Needed to Vote for favourite Swiss Golfer
» TO all lady golfer....
» Cure for Golfer's Elbow
» Serious News!!!!!!!!! Golfer found dead, body discovered the next day

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.