Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 am

Hi folks!

Courtesy of DGman's invitation and the hospitality of Kunnasak and boys, yours truly had the grand luxury of viewing the tournament from inside the ropes.

Posting this 'live' from Pattaya.....some sightings from the 2nd LPGA tournament of the season.

1st up......guess who's putter is this?

[img]
IMG_1673 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[img]


Golfer came on the first day and asked for exact same grip. As usual, efficiency was on hand to ensure she got the grip change earlier this morning.

[img] IMG_1676 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]



[img] IMG_1678 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]



[img] IMG_1684 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]

Of course, after the change, we promptly got her to sign on her old grip....which is ours for keep! hahahahaha.

@Eiji, souvenir?

Razz Razz Razz


These 2 days, I was privileged to be at close distance to the ladies hitting balls at the range. And wow! Sweet sweet swings galore! Some samplings below.


[img] IMG_1662 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]

[img] IMG_1669 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]



[img] IMG_1659 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]


[img] IMG_1740 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]



[img] IMG_1698 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]

The one in white is Suzanne Petterson. Solid amazon-like strength and power in hitting.
In red pants is Na Yeon Choi.....looking good as usual with her poise and sweet demeanor.
Vicky Hurst looking all ready to win this with her new slim and beautiful look.
Check out that bod!
cheers cheers cheers

Practicing in the bunker is I.K Kim. Perfect, crisp sand shots from where I was shooting.
Amazing!!!

Cheers Jump


Now.....half time break.

Do you know that tour issue equipments for the pros are in fact aftermarket equipments for the retail side?
Case in point, check out this Kai'li shaft on a TM fairway wood.


[img] IMG_1704 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]


[img] IMG_1707 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]

[img] IMG_1705 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]

[img] IMG_1716 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]


Pics tell a thousand words....no need further explanation yea. Beer

And back to the main event....my last pics to share before I konk off.
This golfer was on Hole 9, 150 yards out. Hit 2 balls and voila!!!



[img] IMG_1742 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]

[img] IMG_1743 by guanhong_ong, on Flickr[/img]


[img]

This lady is none other than Christie Kerr!
Scary huh? Swing Swing Swing

That's it for now, folks!
Will be back with more tmr.

Now......if only I can get up early to find my idol.

White Flag White Flag White Flag
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:59 am

Morgan Pressel's putter grip? I would prefer her USA boxing glove driver head cover.

so demanding hor...

lol I am cool with any souvenir, beggars can't be choosers.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 am

Wow!

But its a pity I am only heading down to Pattaya on Friday evening to watch the Saturday and Sunday matches. Can't take leave from work these next 2 days. But definitely looking forward to Saturday and Sunday!

Die-die gotta get my VR Driver head signed by Michelle Wie!

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:11 am

let me share a secret with you guys...looks like our friend is switching from korean BBQ to american hamburger....the whole day he has been telling me about this VH....this damn solid, that very great....even the purple Under Amour outfit seems to give him the high.

its all my fault for bringing him here....btw clubfitters dont do this kind of thing...



he is a shame to our profession...making the poor girl pose with him or he will delay changing the grip... Very Happy

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:14 am

Newtogolf wrote:
Wow!

But its a pity I am only heading down to Pattaya on Friday evening to watch the Saturday and Sunday matches. Can't take leave from work these next 2 days. But definitely looking forward to Saturday and Sunday!

Die-die gotta get my VR Driver head signed by Michelle Wie!


if you have any problems walk to the driving range area and look for Kunnasak, you know him. ask him to help if you have problem. i know that your idol is quite "tau".

are you staying at south sathorn? i used to be able to stay in the house next to the Sg ambassador.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:16 am

He's a clubfitter meh? I thought he was there as your PA and Financier.


_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:20 am

DGman wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
Wow!

But its a pity I am only heading down to Pattaya on Friday evening to watch the Saturday and Sunday matches. Can't take leave from work these next 2 days. But definitely looking forward to Saturday and Sunday!

Die-die gotta get my VR Driver head signed by Michelle Wie!


if you have any problems walk to the driving range area and look for Kunnasak, you know him. ask him to help if you have problem. i know that your idol is quite "tau".

are you staying at south sathorn? i used to be able to stay in the house next to the Sg ambassador.

DGman
Guess its gonna be tough to get my VR Driver head 'imbued' with my idol's signature power if she's that "tau". affraid Still a man's gotta try his luck.

My place is not really at South Sathorn but somewhere near there. Along Narathiwad Road, leading to Rama III. Just 3mins slow walk away from South Sathorn actually.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:21 am

Pretty in pink leh!!!
Hahahhahahahahahhahaha
But it's is true what, DGman!
VH, Suzanne and some others are looking real slim and tight.
But I am not switching lah.

Korean kimchi still best!!!
I lup HYP!
My only grouse is my shyness that got in the way of asking her for autograph and picture on Mon morning. Grrrrr.....
Now I gotta wake up early to recce food and all for DGman so that he will bring me out to the club early.

And yes, moi the PA...a dangerous job which entails trying out herbal balls massage before DGman and food tasting to ensure no hint if tamarind.
Hiaz.......such is the tough tour life for me.
Jahahhahaha




Last edited by asahi on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 am

asahi wrote:
Pretty in pink leh!!!
Hahahhahahahahahhahaha
But it's is true what, DGman!
VH, Suzanne and some others are looking real slim and tight.
But I am not switching lah.

Korean kimchi still best!!!
I lup HYP!
My only grouse is my shyness that got in the way of asking her for autograph and picture on Mon morning. Grrrrr.....
Now I gotta wake up early to recce food and all for DGman so that he will bring me out to the club early.
Really interesting.

All these just makes me feel like taking urgent leave tomorrow and heading straight there... Then again~ 2 more days. Gotta endure to see my idol.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 am

DGman wrote:
let me share a secret with you guys...looks like our friend is switching from korean BBQ to american hamburger....the whole day he has been telling me about this VH....this damn solid, that very great....even the purple Under Amour outfit seems to give him the high.

its all my fault for bringing him here....btw clubfitters dont do this kind of thing...



he is a shame to our profession...making the poor girl pose with him or he will delay changing the grip... Very Happy

DGman

Photo nicely taken Eric.
Asahi....you look real good there. Beats all the Media Corp actors anytime.... cheers

titu
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 280
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am



Asahi, you must get a similar shot with your idol lah ... i sponsor you the photo frame cheers
( have various color shirts with you at hand so you can match nicely like this pic )

... and DGMan, pls make sure your camera (& battery) is ready for THE SHOT ! Cool

Have fun guys !

Cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:37 am

Once again, I can't tell which one's the "clubfitter" and which one's the pro.....it's the LPGA you say? well i guess it's the one in pink then.........jokes aside asahi, what an experience, you lucky dog.....just remember to polish the mirrors on your shoes at the end of the day......i can't tell where her hand is.....could it be?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 am

golfool2009 wrote:
Once again, I can't tell which one's the "clubfitter" and which one's the pro.....it's the LPGA you say? well i guess it's the one in pink then.........jokes aside asahi, what an experience, you lucky dog.....just remember to polish the mirrors on your shoes at the end of the day......i can't tell where her hand is.....could it be?!?!?!

Spotted liao! Can bribe him alr! Very Happy
Nicz photos forecast abv. Cool
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 am

Good morning peeps!

Pro-Am in progress; 60 pros each playing 9 holes with amateurs. Moi was trying desperately hard to get myself in but to no avail. The conditions given to me were way too tough for me to fulfil. Well, I will just drop by later to see see look look (read: bump into my idol).

Anyway, here are some more pics for sharing.



Here's Song Hee Kim; getting her driver cut by an inch. Btw, she is on Toud AD BB 6S.

[img][/img]

Something in this bag looks familiar?!

Yessir! The ZEN putter! ta-dah!
It will be used by one of the promising youngsters in this tourney.
Make a guess who it is and DGman may just be forced to come out with some souvenir for the chap.

Hmm.....got some problems with my flickR....will be back to post more pics.
Here's one for the road.

[img][/img]


Beside all fun and massages.....we also did some work here. Errrr, DGman actually. I just make sure his laptop is safe and he is constantly refreshed with Davidoff and Coke.

Guys, this young man here could possibly be the next saddamee come later the year.
Please recognize this back view of his.
Be afraid, be very afraid! affraid affraid affraid

This kid is dead serious about his golf, and so is his whole family!
Watch this kid.

[img][/img]


Till later tonight.
Ciao!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Man....this is a tough, tough job, even for hard men like moi and DGman.
Just the heat can kill!

So how do we keep ourselves going to give all these updates.
Ta-dahhhhhhhhh!





Quite easy to guess which drink goes to who right?! hahahaha

Razz Razz Razz

All righty, some teaser pics before I load the full works on the players later tonight.





Tournament all set up and ready to go. Will be following my idol at 8 am tmr morning.
Woo-hoo!



Here's the ever delectable Vicky Hurst dropping by the tent to check out some grips.

Oohhhh....commercial break. Here's a look at the stud worn by players this week.
The black dot in the middle is metal hor.



These are not for everyday golf hor. Your club will chase you out if you wear these.



And yes, this the new Callaway ball coming out in retail soon. Keep a watch out for it!

Before I sign off momentarily for my dinner, yesssssss.......I met my idol today!!!
Happy like bird man! ahahahahahahahha

Cheers Jump

Here's her gift to me.



Among many other gifts.... Face Hug
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:35 am

Sorry folks! Just got back from another night of meat and beer.
Too darn tired to post pictures.

Well, overheard earlier today at the range was this conversation.
Tried to record audio but rough as wind noise was too much.

A golf brand tour rep: how's the new driver working out?
Well Endowed golfer: well, it gives me an extra 15 yards but I just can't seem to keep it straight.

Tour Rep was speechless and the golfer promptly switched back to her white driver.
And promptly deliver straight as arrow drives down the range in excess of 250 yards.

Hahhahahaha......these stuff you hear....priceless!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rows22
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 am

Asahi, I was told that she said hello to you! Dinner with her? Need chaperone?
Back to top Go down
Rows22
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 am

Btw, should congratulate her on hervlast win. Better late than never.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 am

Rows22 wrote:
Asahi, I was told that she said hello to you! Dinner with her? Need chaperone?

Oops.....this was supposed to be hush hush one.
Embarassed

But yes, if time permits and HYP willing, dinner together would be great, with you in tow.
And DGman. Hehehehehe
cheers

p.s Rows22, check out the dedicated HYP thread. Very Happy


Last edited by asahi on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 am

Proxy...i have incriminating evidence of that private conversation between HYP and her dedicated #1 Singapore fan.

as luck has it, we were strolling to the course when she was at the putting green. of course he put on his best charm and although we do not have audio evidence. it was apparently that he was not just giving her a pep talk.

Getty Image photographer is working out rights so that i can post those pictures...and yes for dinner especially when its free and on Asahi, count me in as well!

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:03 am

asahi wrote:
Rows22 wrote:
Asahi, I was told that she said hello to you! Dinner with her? Need chaperone?

Oops.....this was supposed to be hush hush one.
Embarassed


This sounds like a 25 move by someone... Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:13 am

its not a 25 move but HYP is very close to Proxy aka Rows22 and she must have consulted Proxy. i know that Asahi had a lot of trouble sleeping last nite but he was at the driving range at 6 am this morning. he is walking the course following her progress as she has a 8 am tee-off.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

DGman wrote:
its not a 25 move but HYP is very close to Proxy aka Rows22 and she must have consulted Proxy. i know that Asahi had a lot of trouble sleeping last nite but he was at the driving range at 6 am this morning. he is walking the course following her progress as she has a 8 am tee-off.

DGman

So early on the prowl. Don't let any mis informed security guard at the grounds arrest Asahi for stalking. Hate to read the news that someone was arrested for stalking at the LPGA competition. That won't be too good leh..... lol! ROFL

titu

PS Asahi Jia Yu
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 pm

DGman wrote:
Proxy...i have incriminating evidence of that private conversation between HYP and her dedicated #1 Singapore fan.

as luck has it, we were strolling to the course when she was at the putting green. of course he put on his best charm and although we do not have audio evidence. it was apparently that he was not just giving her a pep talk.

Getty Image photographer is working out rights so that i can post those pictures...and yes for dinner especially when its free and on Asahi, count me in as well!

DGman


Wow, I can't wait to see pictures of Asahi and his "lover" Laughing
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 pm

asahi wrote:
Sorry folks! Just got back from another night of meat and beer.
Too darn tired to post pictures.

Well, overheard earlier today at the range was this conversation.
Tried to record audio but rough as wind noise was too much.

A golf brand tour rep: how's the new driver working out?
Well Endowed golfer: well, it gives me an extra 15 yards but I just can't seem to keep it straight.

Tour Rep was speechless and the golfer promptly switched back to her white driver.
And promptly deliver straight as arrow drives down the range in excess of 250 yards.

Hahhahahaha......these stuff you hear....priceless!
Very Happy


must u mention on the "well-endowed"??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya    Today at 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
My Touring Adventures on the LPGA - Honda Classic @ Pattaya
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Honda Classic - Practice Round and Pro Am
» Honda Classic PGA Tourney
» Rory Mcllroy Wins the Honda Classic and moves to No 1.
» The Honda Classic - Pros' (and Celeb) Swing Videos
» Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.