Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 41
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm

ahnah wrote:
Bro caution

If not wrong u r referring to pro shop or custom golf shop right ?

Yes that is correct, its on the 3rd floor next to a used car dealer. I remember his name now, Edward.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:39 pm

caution wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Bro caution

If not wrong u r referring to pro shop or custom golf shop right ?

Yes that is correct, its on the 3rd floor next to a used car dealer. I remember his name now, Edward.

Thks will check it out when I go Bishan range again
Back to top Go down
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 41
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm

ahnah wrote:
caution wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Bro caution

If not wrong u r referring to pro shop or custom golf shop right ?

Yes that is correct, its on the 3rd floor next to a used car dealer. I remember his name now, Edward.

Thks will check it out when I go Bishan range again

Sure hope you will be lucky
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

ahnah wrote:
tronos wrote:
buy another set...cheaper and better

but if u just want to clean, can use rust remover (not WD40...stronger ones..forgot brand liao), i tried on my black wedge, removed all the coating as well!!! now raw head..

Newbie mah shouldn't just buy a new Set. That is my coach advise

not new set, another set....BTW that advise is a few years old, when irons set are quite expensive..these days with Golf Direct, New set Callaway Diablo Edge $329!!!!!!!.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 pm

tronos wrote:
ahnah wrote:
tronos wrote:
buy another set...cheaper and better

but if u just want to clean, can use rust remover (not WD40...stronger ones..forgot brand liao), i tried on my black wedge, removed all the coating as well!!! now raw head..

Newbie mah shouldn't just buy a new Set. That is my coach advise

not new set, another set....BTW that advise is a few years old, when irons set are quite expensive..these days with Golf Direct, New set Callaway Diablo Edge $329!!!!!!!.
The PInG set is quite exp for me leh
Back to top Go down
w_chiang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-08-31
Location : in front of a computer

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 pm

ahnah wrote:
tronos wrote:
ahnah wrote:
tronos wrote:
buy another set...cheaper and better

but if u just want to clean, can use rust remover (not WD40...stronger ones..forgot brand liao), i tried on my black wedge, removed all the coating as well!!! now raw head..

Newbie mah shouldn't just buy a new Set. That is my coach advise

not new set, another set....BTW that advise is a few years old, when irons set are quite expensive..these days with Golf Direct, New set Callaway Diablo Edge $329!!!!!!!.
The PInG set is quite exp for me leh

By the way your Ping set is not Ping LST
It's Ping ISI.
I used to have the same set.
I think it was released sometime in the late 90s early 2000.
Forgiving but zero feel.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:02 pm

w_chiang wrote:
ahnah wrote:
tronos wrote:
ahnah wrote:
tronos wrote:
buy another set...cheaper and better

but if u just want to clean, can use rust remover (not WD40...stronger ones..forgot brand liao), i tried on my black wedge, removed all the coating as well!!! now raw head..

Newbie mah shouldn't just buy a new Set. That is my coach advise

not new set, another set....BTW that advise is a few years old, when irons set are quite expensive..these days with Golf Direct, New set Callaway Diablo Edge $329!!!!!!!.
The PInG set is quite exp for me leh

By the way your Ping set is not Ping LST
It's Ping ISI.
I used to have the same set.
I think it was released sometime in the late 90s early 2000.
Forgiving but zero feel.

U mean the logo over there is not LST but is ISI

I try to take a clearer pic
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Or isit a IST ? Instead of LST or ISI
Back to top Go down
w_chiang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-08-31
Location : in front of a computer

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am

ahnah wrote:
Or isit a IST ? Instead of LST or ISI

ISI
http://www.ping.com/classics/ironsdetail.aspx?id=2530
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:55 am

w_chiang wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Or isit a IST ? Instead of LST or ISI

ISI
http://www.ping.com/classics/ironsdetail.aspx?id=2530

ok thanks .. mean while I just use this set for the time being ...
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:02 pm

See the condition of my Tommy Armour Rusty Steel





Rusty and dirty face

Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 pm

You can take ur irons.. hit some 'imaginary" balls in the bunker.. they will look like new again. For better effect, do it after rain when sand in bunker is wet. Surprised
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 pm

siaokao wrote:
You can take ur irons.. hit some 'imaginary" balls in the bunker.. they will look like new again. For better effect, do it after rain when sand in bunker is wet. Surprised

Orh .... I believe it will works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?   Today at 10:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» What can I do to re-condition my 2nd hand club ?
» Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition
» How is Starhill Golf Course condition?
» Traffic condition to jb?
» 1985 K100RT for sale-LOW MILES Excellent rideable condition.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.