Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
loy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi all. I wonder if anyone has some inputs on this tipic.

I am bad at reading lines when putting. So I am wondering if there were some techniques involved, like some pre shot routine, such as reading the lines from front n back or sideways, then considering whether up or downward putt, etc etc..

Also, I am curious. When being told - 1 ball right or 2 balls left; how does one come to the conclusion it is 1 ball or 2 balls rite, etc etc.. Is this just 'agaration' or there is some techniques to tell if it is going to be 1 or 2 or 3 balls rite or left

thanks in advance fr inputs

Cheers/loy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I suspect it is "agaration" but would love to know if there are any techniques that do not involve 3d mapping of the contours of the green that can estimate the amount of break relatively accurately

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Derek wrote:
I suspect it is "agaration" but would love to know if there are any techniques that do not involve 3d mapping of the contours of the green that can estimate the amount of break relatively accurately

You can try to land your ball just in front of your playing mates and then you can see their putting line liao... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 pm

blee wrote:
Derek wrote:
I suspect it is "agaration" but would love to know if there are any techniques that do not involve 3d mapping of the contours of the green that can estimate the amount of break relatively accurately

You can try to land your ball just in front of your playing mates and then you can see their putting line liao... Very Happy


if i can land the ball in front of my playing mates...

might as well land near 6inches from the pin....




say like no say.......
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:41 pm

slinger wrote:
blee wrote:
Derek wrote:
I suspect it is "agaration" but would love to know if there are any techniques that do not involve 3d mapping of the contours of the green that can estimate the amount of break relatively accurately

You can try to land your ball just in front of your playing mates and then you can see their putting line liao... Very Happy


if i can land the ball in front of my playing mates...

might as well land near 6inches from the pin....




say like no say.......

Harlow, not all can land your ball close to the pin lor... clown
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:41 pm

dun think there is a formula for you to gauge whether it is one ball, two ball or half ball. its all experience, experience and more agaration.
Back to top Go down
DP
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Read somewhere to read the break, imagine that you poured a pail of water towards the hole and the break will follow how the water flow towards/away from the hole. As for how many ball left/right, it depend on the gradient and from experience as well.

Best practise, play 2 balls if your partner/flight mate allow it.
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 128
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Does the speed of the green also affect the amount of break? Higher speed = more break?
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm

yes it does
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens   Today at 6:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
Reading Of Line of Putt on Greens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» watching the line of putt
» Can Spike Marks in Line of Putt Be Repaired?
» Watching line of putt
» What is the 'NEW' AimPoint Express Green Reading Method?
» Putting: Heavier putter for slow greens / Lighter for Fast greens?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.