Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

TM R11 J

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:11 pm

I saw a TM R11 J driver today at GH. Very nice orange colour. I believe it's the Japan version of the R11 S. Nicer than the red R11 S.

http://www.golftoimpress.com/taylormade-japan-2012-japan-golf-fair-video/

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
DP
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:19 pm

hm..R11 J....is this only build for Japan ? The official TaylorMade website dun even have this model available.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 pm

A lot of things are built only for Japan and don't exist on the non-Japan TM websites.

For example, I have a TM Raylor Ghost putter which is very nice. Not available outside Japan but found its way to the Isetan sales recently Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm

i'm not a taylormade hater. in fact, i'm using their hybrids and wedges. however, i really can't stand how they keep making costmetic changes to their equipment every few months, or add half an inch to their shaft, and then claim that these clubs 'perform better'.

just look at their r9 series. got r9 425, r9 460, supertri, superdeep, supertri bblb etc etc

i have greater respect for ping / titleist.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 pm

I tried the R11J sometime back, not much difference with the local market ones... hmm, guess its the cosmetics or the "Made in Japan" good feeling...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm

scottycollector wrote:
i'm not a taylormade hater. in fact, i'm using their hybrids and wedges. however, i really can't stand how they keep making costmetic changes to their equipment every few months, or add half an inch to their shaft, and then claim that these clubs 'perform better'.

just look at their r9 series. got r9 425, r9 460, supertri, superdeep, supertri bblb etc etc

Where is the "LIKE" button?
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 pm

It seem to me that the R11J is a combination of BURNER SUPERFAST 2.0 and R11 technology. They should include lift and drag (Aerodynamic) statistic in the review.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I saw a TM R11 J driver today at GH. Very nice orange colour. I believe it's the Japan version of the R11 S. Nicer than the red R11 S.

http://www.golftoimpress.com/taylormade-japan-2012-japan-golf-fair-video/
So how much is de R11J cost?
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:27 pm

difference on R11j and R11s

length : R11J is 1/4 inch longer
weight : overall weight is slightly lighter based on stiff flex (asian to japan spec ) +-5 grams
all on the shaft selection
swing weight : D2 for Asian and japan and D4 US
Back to top Go down
kyong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Great driver! A friend just traded in his 3 months old R11S for the R11J after trying mine. Gained about 30 yards from my Callaway Diablo after tweaking it to 9.5 degrees.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 am

scottycollector wrote:

I agree and disagree. It seems a little silly that they "improve" on each thing quite rapidly, and appear to repackage some of the same old stuff. They might be better suited to come out with all of the improvements each year or two, instead of what seems like all the time.

With respect to the series you made mention to.....

there is a considerable difference between the r9425, supertri, superdeep (bblb). They each provide different benefits to different types of golfers.

While I agree that they have accelerated their product cycle relative to some of the other companies you mentioned (ping, titleist both of which have had 2 year product cycles typically), I don't really see the harm. It is another item in the market and you either buy or you don't buy, it is up to you. Yes it affects the resale price of your gear, but the golf club companies, as far as I know, are not that concerned with the second hand market.

Marketing is what it is...and these companies (TM is not the only one) have expedited the product cycle to less than a year, it used to be a year at the worst. That is the nature of the golf industry today. Maybe it will change, maybe it will not.

I have always been intrigued about the hard to find Asian market stuff from some of the companies. Some really awesome stuff. Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TM R11 J   Today at 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down

TM R11 J
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.