Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Tiger Wood current swing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 764
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 52
Location : Metro Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Most of the Golf Professionals could hit any shot

be it fade or draw or stinger

Juvic Pagunsan father, Juanito, could even just one hand, the right arm, to hit a ball. Driver or irons or wedge.

My old Pro, Lito Casas, could use his left hand ( one arm ) to hit his driver.
thats how we would show his students on how to used the left arm to make the downswing..
( old swing style )
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm

HyBriD wrote:
pushslice wrote:
HyBriD wrote:


hey bro,

thanks for posting this video

His current swing is not anymore and Sean Foley like

However, the topic I posted is....

Why do you think TW likes to hit a cut shot?

Why do you think any of us know? Laughing

well, im thinking maybe one of you guys here could post a hypothetical answer to my question.

I am not here to argue with you guys.

Just wondering why thats all

Already answered in page 2, right?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Turbo wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
for no reason, i always thot a cut shot would cause a fade or even a slice...is that thought correct ?...keke newbie question...haha !!!

Quiz time.

Can one hit a cut draw?

What do you guys think? You won't find the answer from Google.

Not possible! Unless you've other definition of a cut shot.

Just came back from the range to put the idea to the test.

My experiment was, could I hit a draw with the same cut shot swing, by altering my body alignment and club face alignment at set up? If I understand D plane correctly, it should be possible.

First, I practiced hitting a few cut shots that faded as usual.

Next I began to aim my body alignment more to the right of the target, while closing my club face at set up. And made the same swing.

The fade got smaller and smaller and eventually became straight.

Then finally, voila! I got a baby draw.

Just wanted to see for myself whether it was possible.

As a cut, the impact was crisp, rather than the smothered feel of a draw where the club face rotates through impact. As a result, the loft is higher, ball flight is higher and more under control, but at the expense of distance.

I am liking this D plane more and more.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Lee36328 wrote:

My experiment was, could I hit a draw with the same cut shot swing, by altering my body alignment and club face alignment at set up? If I understand D plane correctly, it should be possible.

Wow.. Sounds like D plane is the real deal and it rocks!
albino
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Forward to 1:15 ... a good watch!

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
for no reason, i always thot a cut shot would cause a fade or even a slice...is that thought correct ?...keke newbie question...haha !!!

Quiz time.

Can one hit a cut draw?

What do you guys think? You won't find the answer from Google.

Not possible! Unless you've other definition of a cut shot.

Just came back from the range to put the idea to the test.

My experiment was, could I hit a draw with the same cut shot swing, by altering my body alignment and club face alignment at set up? If I understand D plane correctly, it should be possible.

First, I practiced hitting a few cut shots that faded as usual.

Next I began to aim my body alignment more to the right of the target, while closing my club face at set up. And made the same swing.

The fade got smaller and smaller and eventually became straight.

Then finally, voila! I got a baby draw.

Just wanted to see for myself whether it was possible.

As a cut, the impact was crisp, rather than the smothered feel of a draw where the club face rotates through impact. As a result, the loft is higher, ball flight is higher and more under control, but at the expense of distance.

I am liking this D plane more and more.

it sounds like a normal draw but aim to right of target
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
for no reason, i always thot a cut shot would cause a fade or even a slice...is that thought correct ?...keke newbie question...haha !!!

Quiz time.

Can one hit a cut draw?

What do you guys think? You won't find the answer from Google.

Not possible! Unless you've other definition of a cut shot.

Just came back from the range to put the idea to the test.

My experiment was, could I hit a draw with the same cut shot swing, by altering my body alignment and club face alignment at set up? If I understand D plane correctly, it should be possible.

First, I practiced hitting a few cut shots that faded as usual.

Next I began to aim my body alignment more to the right of the target, while closing my club face at set up. And made the same swing.

The fade got smaller and smaller and eventually became straight.

Then finally, voila! I got a baby draw.

Just wanted to see for myself whether it was possible.

As a cut, the impact was crisp, rather than the smothered feel of a draw where the club face rotates through impact. As a result, the loft is higher, ball flight is higher and more under control, but at the expense of distance.

I am liking this D plane more and more.

wow...well done !!

i doubt i can do that..keke
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Forward to 1:15 ... a good watch!


he looks like a school boy....hard to take him seriously..but good
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

HyBriD wrote:
To be honest, I liked TW current swing.

As compared to his swing with Haney.

I think he, TW, is now compressing the ball better

in fact, this is now the swing I am trying to follow.

Which is hit or strike the ball first before shifting & making the follow through.

Hybrid, the following video clip answer your above query ...

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:06 pm

tronos wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
Forward to 1:15 ... a good watch!


he looks like a school boy....hard to take him seriously..but good

Ya, but three wins in a months time (hunter, rose, tiger) ... Everyones gotta take him seriously!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Today at 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Tiger Wood current swing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Tiger Wood current swing
» Tiger Woods' Latest Swing
» Ball position for 3 wood?
» The Secret of Golf
» Tiger's 2013 swing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.