Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

How do we bring driving range performance to the course?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 pm

I always do well at the driving range.
But at the course, everything seem to elude me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
vRICKEDKEN
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Yea, same goes for me too.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 pm

It depends how we practice on the range.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:14 pm

It all abt mind set.Think back,when u using a 8 iron to lay out and same with using 8 iron to pin,what the feel?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:06 pm

How you practice ? do you just hit ball or work on something and do target work?
you should do target work on the range at least 4 different target for same distance with full pre-shot routine as if you were on the course .

I also play 18 hole simulation of a golf course i know well like on the range is like you imagine where the fairway is as how wide , where is the water , tree , and OB, then estimated how you will be to the green and how wide is the green . it will challenge hit different shot . Then if you think you miss the green then chip . What it actually does is except of hitting ball without having a precise purpose . it make you more focus and it will switched to a simulation to what you doing when you play . you can play with friends on the driving range play for 5 $ , or coffee for the one who got best score. it will challenge your mental side of the game.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Practice with a purpose. Don't just hit balls to hit balls. Go through your routine so it is the same on the course. Mix up your practice, don't just beat 50 8 irons, then 50 5 irons, then 50 drivers. Hit a driver, then a wedge. Hit a 7 iron, then a driver, then a wedge, then a 3 wood, then a hybrid, etc.. That way you can get used to how it is actually like on the course.

Ben Hogan at age 55 before he shot a 3rd round 66 in 1967 Masters practiced each shot he would use in the round.

Pretty cool if you like Hogan. Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEK3m7JC8Dk&sns=fb
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm

It happened to most of us, I think maybe in the range we hit a bad shot, our mind said so what...we can hit another, but in the course, there's no such thing.
Back to top Go down
waadee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Hitting carpet and real turf is 2 different things...
Back to top Go down
tpcml
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

I play a "simulation" round at the range.

For example, I imagine that I'm at the first hole at MBCC, I hit the tee shot, then play my next shot based on yardage and the result of the tee shot.

All the time, I use my real game set-up, pre-shot routine, etc. That was, I focus on each shot at the range, just as I would on the course.

When I get to the real course, I just execute what I've been practice at the range, hundred of times before...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:50 pm

OK, will try simulation golf next time.
Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 pm

if one bring a mat (every shot, lift ball, place mat below and drop ball on the mat) to the course, will the performance improve?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   

Back to top Go down

How do we bring driving range performance to the course?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1