Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

How do we bring driving range performance to the course?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 pm

I always do well at the driving range.
But at the course, everything seem to elude me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
vRICKEDKEN
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Yea, same goes for me too.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 pm

It depends how we practice on the range.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:14 pm

It all abt mind set.Think back,when u using a 8 iron to lay out and same with using 8 iron to pin,what the feel?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:06 pm

How you practice ? do you just hit ball or work on something and do target work?
you should do target work on the range at least 4 different target for same distance with full pre-shot routine as if you were on the course .

I also play 18 hole simulation of a golf course i know well like on the range is like you imagine where the fairway is as how wide , where is the water , tree , and OB, then estimated how you will be to the green and how wide is the green . it will challenge hit different shot . Then if you think you miss the green then chip . What it actually does is except of hitting ball without having a precise purpose . it make you more focus and it will switched to a simulation to what you doing when you play . you can play with friends on the driving range play for 5 $ , or coffee for the one who got best score. it will challenge your mental side of the game.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Practice with a purpose. Don't just hit balls to hit balls. Go through your routine so it is the same on the course. Mix up your practice, don't just beat 50 8 irons, then 50 5 irons, then 50 drivers. Hit a driver, then a wedge. Hit a 7 iron, then a driver, then a wedge, then a 3 wood, then a hybrid, etc.. That way you can get used to how it is actually like on the course.

Ben Hogan at age 55 before he shot a 3rd round 66 in 1967 Masters practiced each shot he would use in the round.

Pretty cool if you like Hogan. Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEK3m7JC8Dk&sns=fb
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm

It happened to most of us, I think maybe in the range we hit a bad shot, our mind said so what...we can hit another, but in the course, there's no such thing.
Back to top Go down
waadee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Hitting carpet and real turf is 2 different things...
Back to top Go down
tpcml
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

I play a "simulation" round at the range.

For example, I imagine that I'm at the first hole at MBCC, I hit the tee shot, then play my next shot based on yardage and the result of the tee shot.

All the time, I use my real game set-up, pre-shot routine, etc. That was, I focus on each shot at the range, just as I would on the course.

When I get to the real course, I just execute what I've been practice at the range, hundred of times before...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:50 pm

OK, will try simulation golf next time.
Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 pm

if one bring a mat (every shot, lift ball, place mat below and drop ball on the mat) to the course, will the performance improve?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we bring driving range performance to the course?   Today at 7:52 am

Back to top Go down

How do we bring driving range performance to the course?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1