Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 US Masters - only on MIO???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 pm

I have subscribed to Mio because of Premier League and some of the Golf Tournaments.

Initally was supposed to fix it to my land line but my land line was too old and crappy. They suggested using Fiber Optic. Its a bit expensive but I tell myself what the heck..install for 2 years and when Premier League share with Stahub and you pay to view I'll cancel Mio.

So far have not had any problems with mio while watching football or golf using Fiber Optic. Very clear actually.

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 691
Join date : 2009-06-23
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Singtel and Starhub are supposed to have access to each other's contents starting last August, no more exclusivity. But you and I know that when some dumb executives paid astronomical price for broadcast rights, they will try to pass the cost to the other carrier, and nothing will ever happen because we do not have the critical mass in a tiny red dot.

I use high speed Starhub Cable, not even fibre optics, and I have no problem streaming all the majors which are not available from Golf Channels. So no reason to install Mio.


Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 pm

freedrop wrote:
Singtel and Starhub are supposed to have access to each other's contents starting last August, no more exclusivity. But you and I know that when some dumb executives paid astronomical price for broadcast rights, they will try to pass the cost to the other carrier, and nothing will ever happen because we do not have the critical mass in a tiny red dot.

I use high speed Starhub Cable, not even fibre optics, and I have no problem streaming all the majors which are not available from Golf Channels. So no reason to install Mio.



Can watch Premier League too?

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Cyrano wrote:
i've posted a link before.. here it is again for the benefit of those who missed my earlier posts..

http://www.freefootball.org/upcomingtv.php?type=golf&view=all


I've tried in vain the last time when I wanna watch Arnold Palmer Invitational Sad ... Please advice the procedures. Many thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 691
Join date : 2009-06-23
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 pm

mloy wrote:
freedrop wrote:
Singtel and Starhub are supposed to have access to each other's contents starting last August, no more exclusivity. But you and I know that when some dumb executives paid astronomical price for broadcast rights, they will try to pass the cost to the other carrier, and nothing will ever happen because we do not have the critical mass in a tiny red dot.

I use high speed Starhub Cable, not even fibre optics, and I have no problem streaming all the majors which are not available from Golf Channels. So no reason to install Mio.



Can watch Premier League too?

I don't watch that much soccer but there are quite a few live sports streaming sites available. Try Skysports, 5 or 6 channels live streaming and most of the time they stream soccers. I travel a lot so most of my live golf are watched in hotel rooms with free Internet, especially where their TV do not carry golf programs, like in China.


Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:40 pm

freedrop wrote:

I don't watch that much soccer but there are quite a few live sports streaming sites available. Try Skysports, 5 or 6 channels live streaming and most of the time they stream soccers. I travel a lot so most of my live golf are watched in hotel rooms with free Internet, especially where their TV do not carry golf programs, like in China.



Bro, Skysport is not free. You need to subscribe if you wanna watch Master. Please advice if you think I am incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Bro free drop, can share what is the live streaming link?
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 136
Join date : 2010-09-03
Location : Holland V

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 pm

http://atdhenet.tv/

Can try this site.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 691
Join date : 2009-06-23
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Turbo wrote:
freedrop wrote:

I don't watch that much soccer but there are quite a few live sports streaming sites available. Try Skysports, 5 or 6 channels live streaming and most of the time they stream soccers. I travel a lot so most of my live golf are watched in hotel rooms with free Internet, especially where their TV do not carry golf programs, like in China.



Bro, Skysport is not free. You need to subscribe if you wanna watch Master. Please advice if you think I am incorrect.

You don't go to Skysports directly lah! Of course they ask you to pay.

This "Skysports" is free : http://mypremium.tv/

Choose the channel you want, and click on Play, then choose one of the streams. If it doesn't work, try another stream. Ignore the ads and wait about 25 seconds....then try to click on full screen button at bottom right, you will be directed away from the ads.









Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : Jalan Kayu

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:00 am

Turbo wrote:
Cyrano wrote:
i've posted a link before.. here it is again for the benefit of those who missed my earlier posts..

http://www.freefootball.org/upcomingtv.php?type=golf&view=all


I've tried in vain the last time when I wanna watch Arnold Palmer Invitational Sad ... Please advice the procedures. Many thanks in advance!


When you click on the link above, you will see a list of golf tournaments. Select the tournament name.. and when it is nearing the live telecast, you will see a list of streaming links. Select any of the links (suggest you try the one with the highest ratings first). A new window/tab will open (some Adfly thingy). Notice the top right hand corner will have a 5sec countdown followed by "Skip Ad". Click on this and the channel will be activated. You may have to close the adverts (look around the advert window for very tiny "x" to close the advert window.

Tip : Open the viewer in full screen to avoid having the advert popping up every now and then.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-01-22
Age : 41
Location : Bishan

PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:07 am

glespaul wrote:
http://atdhenet.tv/

Can try this site.

so far... this is the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: US Masters - only on MIO???   Today at 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
 
US Masters - only on MIO???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Augusta! Who's staying up to watch the Masters?
» Lip Ooi in Masters????
» Kane/Big Show vs Carlito/Chris Masters WM 22
» Mercedes-Benz Masters Malaysia
» Pro-Runners at the 2011 Australian Masters Games

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.