Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 am

On behalf of Sham, TS, Guy, Chippy and the many others who hit it a seriously long way, I am starting this thread with the name given by DGman ... LANPAR

Long And No Problem ARriving ... (slight edit to sound more catchy)

Please feel free to nominate / vote for your own committee and decide what are your entry requirements, e.g. must hit 9 iron 150m or 1 on Par 4 before ... etc

LANPARs, i.e. members of LANPAR, are kindly requested not to terrorise members of Team SHiT ... opps typo ... I mean Team SHiC whether on the golf course or on the forum.

Have a blast guys!


_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am

Duval checking in.... I cross 180m consistently
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 am

ah yes, we have our first member application, the well renowned Duval...

however, please refrain from applying for both clubs as there is a slight prerequisite difference...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 am

shamusan wrote:
ah yes, we have our first member application, the well renowned Duval...

however, please refrain from applying for both clubs as there is a slight prerequisite difference...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

This club is damn prestigious. Maybe 4% of the golfer's population is eligible, right Derek?

Duval, what are you doing here? Razz Lets create our own club. The NELONOS (Neither Long Nor Straight) club or FOBEGOS (Forever Beginner Golfers) Club
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am

Eh, definition of what constitute "Long" to qualify for LANPAR please and with what club? Shocked
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

pushslice wrote:
This club is damn prestigious. Maybe 4% of the golfer's population is eligible, right Derek?

Duval, what are you doing here? Razz Lets create our own club. The NELONOS (Neither Long Nor Straight) club or FOBEGOS (Forever Beginner Golfers) Club

It is call "Not here and Not there" club?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 am

TDO wrote:
Eh, definition of what constitute "Long" to qualify for LANPAR please and with what club? Shocked

If it is based on the LANPAR's chairman Shamusan, "Long" would be like having a go at the flag (blue pin, par 4, 343 m, headwind - oh usually tight fairways along the lake as well!).
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 am

I think that's uber long. I think if you can get the ball to carry 230m, you should be a long hitter.

For me, the only way that's going to happen is if I hit the ball and by some miracle, it gets picked up mid-air by a stork and dropped 230m from the tee box.

Even at the last game with HH. 18th hole, I really just whacked the ball. Seriously, with all my might. Gave it a good thump. The ball went far, but I was still some 50-60m short of ZX. Sigh.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 291
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 52
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

Derek wrote:
On behalf of Sham, TS, Guy, Chippy and the many others who hit it a seriously long way, I am starting this thread with the name given by DGman ... LANPAR

Long And No Problem ARriving ... (slight edit to sound more catchy)

Please feel free to nominate / vote for your own committee and decide what are your entry requirements, e.g. must hit 9 iron 150m or 1 on Par 4 before ... etc

LANPARs, i.e. members of LANPAR, are kindly requested not to terrorise members of Team SHiT ... opps typo ... I mean Team SHiC whether on the golf course or on the forum.

Have a blast guys!


The club name doesn't flow naturally.
What all these guys and gals have in common is a Pro-caliber Swing Speed (PiSS)

So the match up should be PiSS Vs SHiT.
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1378
Join date : 2011-06-28
Age : 37
Location : West side

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:48 am

I think being able to carry 230 is plenty long for this group. Sham is really special case.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 am

you not local meia07656? is a local slang for a very valuable asset.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:52 am

i think meia eat potato one. he has angmoh accent when we met.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 am

muah hahaha
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Par 4 one on but wrong green can qualify to join or not har?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
TDO wrote:
Eh, definition of what constitute "Long" to qualify for LANPAR please and with what club? Shocked

If it is based on the LANPAR's chairman Shamusan, "Long" would be like having a go at the flag (blue pin, par 4, 343 m, headwind - oh usually tight fairways along the lake as well!).

343m head win attack pin Shocked
might as well go joint he long driver competition in US, they only hit 400+ yards and no head wind as well. and we can cheer for you... cheers
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

meia07656 wrote:
Derek wrote:
On behalf of Sham, TS, Guy, Chippy and the many others who hit it a seriously long way, I am starting this thread with the name given by DGman ... LANPAR

Long And No Problem ARriving ... (slight edit to sound more catchy)

Please feel free to nominate / vote for your own committee and decide what are your entry requirements, e.g. must hit 9 iron 150m or 1 on Par 4 before ... etc

LANPARs, i.e. members of LANPAR, are kindly requested not to terrorise members of Team SHiT ... opps typo ... I mean Team SHiC whether on the golf course or on the forum.

Have a blast guys!


The club name doesn't flow naturally.
What all these guys and gals have in common is a Pro-caliber Swing Speed (PiSS)

So the match up should be PiSS Vs SHiT.

ha ha Arron .. you are relentless!!! remind me how you came up with meia07656 ?? Beer
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm

once almost 270m via cart path counted?
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 664
Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Purposely hit into buggy and drive to next hole 500m away counted? Razz
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 pm

tronos wrote:
once almost 270m via cart path counted?

Isnt that what course management is all about ?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:52 pm

i think LANPAR should make DRGjr72 our chairman...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 am

I bet they have a thread similar to this at the SB forum but obviously, the posts are somewhat err... different.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 am

tronos wrote:
once almost 270m via cart path counted?

hello bro, this is for LONG hitters who dont have problem ARRIVING liao

only hit long doesnt meet the requirement Laughing
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 am

so those who are long and can arrive are LANPAR potential....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 am

Damn, cannot join, got outdrove by Capt last sunday....... The Callaway Fit is Power....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!   Today at 6:00 am

Back to top Go down
 
Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Calling all Long Hitters - LANPAR wants YOU!
» Playing with long hitters
» Review: ACE Compression Sportswear (Long Sleeve, Black)
» Fighting Fatigue on Long Motorcycle Rides
» Foo-King-Long Golf Ball

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.