Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 pm

yesterday tried out MBGC 1st time (me=newbie ) quite like the course but some things let me to wonder also
1 : bunkers ..... regardless fairway or green side bunkers gees deep is an understatement .... no pun intended who design the bunkers yao ming or something .....

2: other golfers .... i keep hearing marshals are uber siao on in MBGC on rules and what not.... yesterday was not the deal we ad to almost hit the deal as balls from the front wheeze our way above our heads hitting the trees there is NO warning , i got guys coming from the front 9 parking his cart on the tee box @ hole 12 for him to iron his way back to his fairway .... we saw them again @ hole 13 and @ hole 17 jokers on the 11th parked their cart right next to the greens (their balls landed on the fringe ) we told them cart arn't suppose to be on the greens replay was ya we know ..... . seriously ? these above mention are non locals .....

but besides that was nice pleasant outing with new and old friend, nice course and clean layout
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm

wah bro, go on Sunday ah? very ex leh..
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Those bunkers are called pot bunkers and originate from the links courses in Scotland ... the home of golf! They give me nightmares ...

Besides the fact MBGC is public, centrally located, and well maintained ... I like the fact that it poses a very different challenge !
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:11 pm

I hate hate hate those bunkers. Looks like a sadist designed that course. The designer went overboard when he design MBGC. I am sure in Scotland they do not have that many pot bunkers in their golf courses. The best way to get it out is by using HAND wedge. It always work. Hee hee hee....

Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:16 pm

mloy wrote:
I hate hate hate those bunkers. Looks like a sadist designed that course. The designer went overboard when he design MBGC. I am sure in Scotland they do not have that many pot bunkers in their golf courses. The best way to get it out is by using HAND wedge. It always work. Hee hee hee....

says one who gets out of the bunkers so easily the last time we played there... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:16 pm

buggy got gps, it shows the distances to the bunkers...then i usually pick a club that will 99% of the time go short of the bunkers. Bogey golf in mbgc Laughing
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:25 pm

mbgc got bunker?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

zhenxua wrote:
mbgc got bunker?

Nope! They got water there! Razz
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 pm

blee wrote:
mloy wrote:

says one who gets out of the bunkers so easily the last time we played there... Very Happy

blee, you joking right!!! That time me and meia were like digging a bunker within the bunker. Mad

Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

zhenxua wrote:
mbgc got bunker?

OMG!!!! you sound just like somebody I know. *shaking my head* What a Face

Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

mloy wrote:
blee wrote:
mloy wrote:

blee, you joking right!!! That time me and meia were like digging a bunker within the bunker. Mad

ROFL ya la.. but then there was this par 3 where you opened your clubface and the ball came up nice and soft... near to the hole too... Beer
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:42 pm

mloy wrote:
blee wrote:
mloy wrote:

I don't know what Mloy was doing. I was trying to dig myself back to the US.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

I donno why ppl aim for bunker.....
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

i play at marina bay quite often.

the course is relatively easy and straightforward, compared to most other courses. maybe that's why they have to put in all these bunkers, since that's the only significant form of challenge.

playing on weekends can be quite unpleasant as marshalls will constantly rush u to play faster, even if there's no one behind u.

that's why i usually play on weekday nights, esp if you are the last few flights. no rush and the course is peaceful and quiet. of course it also helps if you get to know the marshalls well
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

meia07656 wrote:
mloy wrote:
blee wrote:
mloy wrote:

I don't know what Mloy was doing. I was trying to dig myself back to the US.

Hahahaaaaaa... We were just behind u and we almost lost count... 1,2,3,4..... Zzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

pot bunkers huh? big ones i get it the tiny ones are a freaking nightmare !!!!!!

i wish i had some kinda remote control after every drive just to steer off those bunkers

for that soft sand with deep bunk = nightmare combo
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:19 pm

madmaru wrote:
pot bunkers huh? big ones i get it the tiny ones are a freaking nightmare !!!!!!

i wish i had some kinda remote control after every drive just to steer off those bunkers

for that soft sand with deep bunk = nightmare combo
Easy.....play short....
Back to top Go down
whitedragon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 pm

And I saw. A few times buggy into flipping bunkers too... It quite a blind spot when u drive in the opposite direction back to tee when looking for balls
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Challenging bunkers, there once I got to hit backwards to get my ball out..
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Saw this video in YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8oQzkUyPM
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Those bunkers are worse than water hazard. Water hazard can just drop and hit. These bunkers.....
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Look at the bright side, once you learn how to get out of those bunkers, almost all other bunkers are going to feel like child's play ...

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Derek wrote:
Look at the bright side, once you learn how to get out of those bunkers, almost all other bunkers are going to feel like child's play ...

Derek,

Can you please show me how to get out of these *&^&%*^&% bunkers? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

blee wrote:
Derek wrote:

Derek,

Aim backwards ... ROFL

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Derek wrote:
blee wrote:
Derek wrote:

Derek,

Aim backwards ... ROFL

Reverse Flip? ROFL

Seriously most of the time, my ball lands close to the wall and there goes 3 - 4 strokes.... Sometimes, declare unplayable and drop further back.... Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV   Today at 11:59 am

Back to top Go down

MBGC 1st experience from a newbie POV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next