Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Laguna drving range card top up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nanohenry
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Simei

PostSubject: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 11:00 am

Laguna driving range no more top up of range card unless you have a lesson with pro
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 pm

Does that mean u can't play at the range unless you have a Pro with you?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Online
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm

It means they dont want business from outsiders

I'm not going there anymore
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Didn't know they accept non members in the first place.. But guess it's right of them to make it exclusive for their members...
Back to top Go down
Online
anodiz3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 81
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 2:48 pm

actually Laguna used to be one of my fav place to practice.... not too crowded during the weekday night and they have a putting and chipping green.

But recently I found that they have reserved the putting and chipping green exclusively for their members only. That when I stop going there.

Back to top Go down
nanohenry
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Simei

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm

chien wrote:
Does that mean u can't play at the range unless you have a Pro with you?? Shocked

The pro do not need to be with you but you got to have lessen with anyone of them.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 pm

I like to range at Laguna bcos its near my place and my cab fare do not cost me a bomb.

Let's hope that the owner will come to realise when their staff start killing flies and mosquitoes and it turns into a ghost town. The ground floor bays were for members only but when I am there I hardly see them full where else the 2nd floor is fully utulised.

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 3:51 pm

NSRCC could be a nearby alternative Idea
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm

mloy wrote:
I like to range at Laguna bcos its near my place and my cab fare do not cost me a bomb.

Let's hope that the owner will come to realise when their staff start killing flies and mosquitoes and it turns into a ghost town. The ground floor bays were for members only but when I am there I hardly see them full where else the 2nd floor is fully utulised.

The whole point is Mloy, the owner does not need money, the owner wants to make the Member feel exclusive.

There is a man in NZ who owns 2 golf courses, both in the top 50 in the world. He charges $400 plus a round of golf, everything is exclusive, you have 40 minutes between tee times, you have caddy it is full on luxury.

But people say it is too expensive, he says "it is my course, if people want to play, OK. if they don't I don't care"

Basically, our owner wants to get rid of people that turn up in crappy clothing, bad attitudes, and try and take advantage, I say fair enough....

If people are genuine, as many many are, there are ways around it and they are still there practicing, now in a more peaceful setting. Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Oh crap, there goes another range alternative that's only a 4 min drive from my place.. Aargh! And shorthitter, care to elaborate how one can be 'genuine' ? I thought I was, at least from my continued patronage of Laguna and Torque.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 pm

They do not wanna open to general public anymore. If you wanna used, had to pay $800 for some lessons or something....then u can use. Who's going to pay thay much? Question
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 5:50 pm

And that is exactly the attitude they are trying to eradicate enwee... you want to use the range, you want to use the great chipping/putting/bunker area. You want to get a bay without waiting... but you don't want to pay for it... the members have already done that.

Precisely why this policy is introduced.

And FYI many people are paying $800. And now they have the place to themselves. Very happy.

The $800 is not gone, it is credits, so you have $800 worth of balls, or lessons. FYI $800 worth of balls is 16000 hits...

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 7:14 pm

SH,

I am surprise that the management adopted such a strong stance. They are right to give preference to members and its a privileged club but they have to see the point outsider that comes and use their range also brings 'income'. Essentially, that is what each clubs operate on, profits and margin.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Khorkar wrote:
SH,

I am surprise that the management adopted such a strong stance. They are right to give preference to members and its a privileged club but they have to see the point outsider that comes and use their range also brings 'income'. Essentially, that is what each clubs operate on, profits and margin.

Hi mate, I understand from an outsiders view, but in fact from a business view it is the opposite.

Firstly the owners do not need money.

Secondly if there are 50 "public" spending $10 top up per month amounts to not a lot, but takes up bays, worse than that because we are one of the few with chipping facilities no one treats our practice green with respect. I think the straw that broke the camels back was people turning up in singlets and chipping balls off the green, so because of a few bad ones total ban.

Thirdly even our cafe now is members only in the weekend, sorry if you guys feel slighted but the $ that come in from public at the range is minimal.

We welcome people to come for lessons cos we have the best coaches in Singapore, (not me I don't coach now), and we also have the best practice facilities available. Including being able to play the Masters when it is empty and a practice fairway bunker.

Our P&L report so far has not shown any major decrease, but the chipping green has improved significantly... Beer

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 8:27 pm

mloy wrote:
I like to range at Laguna bcos its near my place and my cab fare do not cost me a bomb.

Let's hope that the owner will come to realise when their staff start killing flies and mosquitoes and it turns into a ghost town. The ground floor bays were for members only but when I am there I hardly see them full where else the 2nd floor is fully utulised.

Mloy,

Can bring you to Tmcc range, just bring some ice cold beer along mate ! Beer Beer

Back to top Go down
Online
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 8:36 pm

It is a private club, all they need to do is serve their members as best as they can. Not the public. Good things on the cheap never last la..
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:04 pm

pushslice wrote:
It is a private club, all they need to do is serve their members as best as they can. Not the public. Good things on the cheap never last la..

Thats true, having said that, if I could get enough support for a Laguna/GR card I am sure I could swing it.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 381
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I agree with Shorthitter as i used to be under the YGP ( Youth golf programme). There were people that uses the second level bays like a place to meet up and not even hitting balls. Many finished their balls, but still stick to that bay. I personally experienced that as when i was having lessons with Coach Andrew ( Andrew Welsford ) there wasnt any bays at all. So i had to ask one of them to clear the bay. Some of them were wearing singlets and shorts. wearing slippers etc. I think it is a good thing that LNGC did that choice of not letting outsiders. And yes, Laguna have lots of good coaches like Andrew and Allen! They used to have Alaister but he left. These three coaches taught me golf and eventually made me love it. I salute to these awesome coaches. Hope to play a game with them someday!
Cheers


Last edited by Najibapark on Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:19 pm

One time in NSRCC at the putting green I was practising and a friend came over for a chat and she was wearing slippers and this guy came up to us and ask my friend to leave bcos she is not in proper attire.

People who come to the range in T-Shirt and slippers should not be allowed to hit any balls at the bays. Suggestion.... maybe have the staff monitor it.

@SH-that would be cool if there is a Laguna/GR range card.

@chien-Thanks.....may take up your offer as I have never range in TMCC. Do we need a member to bring us in?

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:24 pm

mloy wrote:
One time in NSRCC at the putting green I was practising and a friend came over for a chat and she was wearing slippers and this guy came up to us and ask my friend to leave bcos she is not in proper attire.

People who come to the range in T-Shirt and slippers should not be allowed to hit any balls at the bays. Suggestion.... maybe have the staff monitor it.

@SH-that would be cool if there is a Laguna/GR range card.

@chien-Thanks.....may take up your offer as I have never range in TMCC. Do we need a member to bring us in?

Yes Mloy.. Everything in Tmcc is members only...

Btw Tmcc has mat and turf bays for you to choose... I must be the stupidest member who hardly uses them..... lol!

Back to top Go down
Online
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:29 pm

chien wrote:
mloy wrote:
One time in NSRCC at the putting green I was practising and a friend came over for a chat and she was wearing slippers and this guy came up to us and ask my friend to leave bcos she is not in proper attire.

People who come to the range in T-Shirt and slippers should not be allowed to hit any balls at the bays. Suggestion.... maybe have the staff monitor it.

@SH-that would be cool if there is a Laguna/GR range card.

@chien-Thanks.....may take up your offer as I have never range in TMCC. Do we need a member to bring us in?

Yes Mloy.. Everything in Tmcc is members only...

Btw Tmcc has mat and turf bays for you to choose... I must be the stupidest member who hardly uses them..... lol!


Wow... turf bays! Will have to try it one day. I normally range in the evening around 7.30pm, do they have lights for the turf bays?

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

mloy wrote:
chien wrote:
mloy wrote:
One time in NSRCC at the putting green I was practising and a friend came over for a chat and she was wearing slippers and this guy came up to us and ask my friend to leave bcos she is not in proper attire.

People who come to the range in T-Shirt and slippers should not be allowed to hit any balls at the bays. Suggestion.... maybe have the staff monitor it.

@SH-that would be cool if there is a Laguna/GR range card.

@chien-Thanks.....may take up your offer as I have never range in TMCC. Do we need a member to bring us in?

Yes Mloy.. Everything in Tmcc is members only...

Btw Tmcc has mat and turf bays for you to choose... I must be the stupidest member who hardly uses them..... lol!


Wow... turf bays! Will have to try it one day. I normally range in the evening around 7.30pm, do they have lights for the turf bays?

Err really no idea M. scratch

Hahaahahaha

Will solve this mystery tom am..
Back to top Go down
Online
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 9:48 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Thats true, having said that, if I could get enough support for a Laguna/GR card I am sure I could swing it.....

Sounds great! I sure like that Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 pm

chien wrote:
mloy wrote:
chien wrote:
mloy wrote:
One time in NSRCC at the putting green I was practising and a friend came over for a chat and she was wearing slippers and this guy came up to us and ask my friend to leave bcos she is not in proper attire.

People who come to the range in T-Shirt and slippers should not be allowed to hit any balls at the bays. Suggestion.... maybe have the staff monitor it.

@SH-that would be cool if there is a Laguna/GR range card.

@chien-Thanks.....may take up your offer as I have never range in TMCC. Do we need a member to bring us in?

Yes Mloy.. Everything in Tmcc is members only...

Btw Tmcc has mat and turf bays for you to choose... I must be the stupidest member who hardly uses them..... lol!


Wow... turf bays! Will have to try it one day. I normally range in the evening around 7.30pm, do they have lights for the turf bays?

Err really no idea M. scratch

Hahaahahaha

Will solve this mystery tom am..

invite me too ok? Smile
Back to top Go down
zwalker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 20, 2012 11:29 pm

anodiz3 wrote:
actually Laguna used to be one of my fav place to practice.... not too crowded during the weekday night and they have a putting and chipping green.

But recently I found that they have reserved the putting and chipping green exclusively for their members only. That when I stop going there.


i used to go there too. nice quiet place but now members only. just finishing my credits on the card. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Today at 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
Laguna drving range card top up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Laguna drving range card top up
» Keppel Driving Range now need to validate range card everytime before drawing balls?!?!
» Bishan Range
» Closure of Laguna drvg range- where's Torque golf?
» Is NSRCC range open to public

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.