Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Laguna drving range card top up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 179
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun May 20, 2012 11:49 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
SH,

I am surprise that the management adopted such a strong stance. They are right to give preference to members and its a privileged club but they have to see the point outsider that comes and use their range also brings 'income'. Essentially, that is what each clubs operate on, profits and margin.

Hi mate, I understand from an outsiders view, but in fact from a business view it is the opposite.

Firstly the owners do not need money.

Secondly if there are 50 "public" spending $10 top up per month amounts to not a lot, but takes up bays, worse than that because we are one of the few with chipping facilities no one treats our practice green with respect. I think the straw that broke the camels back was people turning up in singlets and chipping balls off the green, so because of a few bad ones total ban.

Thirdly even our cafe now is members only in the weekend, sorry if you guys feel slighted but the $ that come in from public at the range is minimal.

We welcome people to come for lessons cos we have the best coaches in Singapore, (not me I don't coach now), and we also have the best practice facilities available. Including being able to play the Masters when it is empty and a practice fairway bunker.

Our P&L report so far has not shown any major decrease, but the chipping green has improved significantly... Beer


I agree with this view, though I am not happy camper as I am a regular at the Laguna range. I would have opted for something less draconian in terms of the $800, say $400 would have sufficed in terms of weeding out the bad hats and yet keeping on those like me who would not mind paying $400 for the piece of mind of getting a bay and short game practice facilities. The point on Peter not needing the money ...hmmm...as far as I know, the jury is still out on that one....
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Mon May 21, 2012 12:57 am

chien wrote:
mloy wrote:
chien wrote:
mloy wrote:
One time in NSRCC at the putting green I was practising and a friend came over for a chat and she was wearing slippers and this guy came up to us and ask my friend to leave bcos she is not in proper attire.

People who come to the range in T-Shirt and slippers should not be allowed to hit any balls at the bays. Suggestion.... maybe have the staff monitor it.

@SH-that would be cool if there is a Laguna/GR range card.

@chien-Thanks.....may take up your offer as I have never range in TMCC. Do we need a member to bring us in?

Yes Mloy.. Everything in Tmcc is members only...

Btw Tmcc has mat and turf bays for you to choose... I must be the stupidest member who hardly uses them..... lol!


Wow... turf bays! Will have to try it one day. I normally range in the evening around 7.30pm, do they have lights for the turf bays?

Err really no idea M. scratch

Hahaahahaha

Will solve this mystery tom am..

Make sure your guest has paid green fees for that day before using the range.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 am

I doubt the members who paid $83,000 and the highest monthly dues in Singapore would truly give a rats ass about your 3-400 dollar monthly input.

I think you all have beter luck asking marina bay to build more floors at their range.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Mon May 21, 2012 1:06 am

even then, from what i have observed even Marina bay dosent seem to give a damn about their customers as well..

try Bintan Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Mon May 21, 2012 7:03 am

shorthitter wrote:
pushslice wrote:
It is a private club, all they need to do is serve their members as best as they can. Not the public. Good things on the cheap never last la..

Thats true, having said that, if I could get enough support for a Laguna/GR card I am sure I could swing it.....

SH, it would be truly awesome if this could be done!

Great idea!

And oh, thanks for the golf clinic last Sat for my guys.
Wonderful lovely intro for my guys.
They loved it!!!!


Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

asahi wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
pushslice wrote:
It is a private club, all they need to do is serve their members as best as they can. Not the public. Good things on the cheap never last la..

Thats true, having said that, if I could get enough support for a Laguna/GR card I am sure I could swing it.....

SH, it would be truly awesome if this could be done!

Great idea!

And oh, thanks for the golf clinic last Sat for my guys.
Wonderful lovely intro for my guys.
They loved it!!!!



Thanks mate, glad they enjoyed.... was good to catch up with you! Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 am

short hitter wrote:
Thats true, having said that, if I could get enough support for a Laguna/GR card I am sure I could swing it.....

Hi SH, any luck on the card? Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Golfer Guy wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
SH,

I am surprise that the management adopted such a strong stance. They are right to give preference to members and its a privileged club but they have to see the point outsider that comes and use their range also brings 'income'. Essentially, that is what each clubs operate on, profits and margin.

Hi mate, I understand from an outsiders view, but in fact from a business view it is the opposite.

Firstly the owners do not need money.

Secondly if there are 50 "public" spending $10 top up per month amounts to not a lot, but takes up bays, worse than that because we are one of the few with chipping facilities no one treats our practice green with respect. I think the straw that broke the camels back was people turning up in singlets and chipping balls off the green, so because of a few bad ones total ban.

Thirdly even our cafe now is members only in the weekend, sorry if you guys feel slighted but the $ that come in from public at the range is minimal.

We welcome people to come for lessons cos we have the best coaches in Singapore, (not me I don't coach now), and we also have the best practice facilities available. Including being able to play the Masters when it is empty and a practice fairway bunker.

Our P&L report so far has not shown any major decrease, but the chipping green has improved significantly... Beer


I agree with this view, though I am not happy camper as I am a regular at the Laguna range. I would have opted for something less draconian in terms of the $800, say $400 would have sufficed in terms of weeding out the bad hats and yet keeping on those like me who would not mind paying $400 for the piece of mind of getting a bay and short game practice facilities. The point on Peter not needing the money ...hmmm...as far as I know, the jury is still out on that one....

I read this article http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/laguna-may-stay-put-till-2040/a/72647 in Jul 2012, 2 months after this Laguna range card thread stopped....

bro shorthitter any progress / development re ur idea of the Laguna/ GR range card u suggested earlier?


shorthitter wrote:
pushslice wrote:
It is a private club, all they need to do is serve their members as best as they can. Not the public. Good things on the cheap never last la..

Thats true, having said that, if I could get enough support for a Laguna/GR card I am sure I could swing it.....
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 296
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 33
Location : Hougang

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 pm

i used to go there during weekend for practice, good place for practicing and the people there are nice. too bad they close to public so i go to seletar which is almost same as laguna.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi guys until we know where hotel is going not much happening at range, is likely to be demolished and we have grass one like sentosa.

Will keep you updated. Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Just read the article....

Looks like DGman and other members will be not be looking like a happy bunny as they are likely to pay more for sub fees..

Not good news for members.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Just read the article....

Looks like DGman and other members will be not be looking like a happy bunny as they are likely to pay more for sub fees..

Not good news for members.
Well if Mr Kwee don't wanna build the hotel, government can always asked keppel to buy them out since keppel is looking for a new club....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 pm

enwee wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Just read the article....

Looks like DGman and other members will be not be looking like a happy bunny as they are likely to pay more for sub fees..

Not good news for members.
Well if Mr Kwee don't wanna build the hotel, government can always asked keppel to buy them out since keppel is looking for a new club....

He could build but then again why have the members to pay for it with their sub fees top up?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Khorkar wrote:
enwee wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Just read the article....

Looks like DGman and other members will be not be looking like a happy bunny as they are likely to pay more for sub fees..

Not good news for members.
Well if Mr Kwee don't wanna build the hotel, government can always asked keppel to buy them out since keppel is looking for a new club....

He could build but then again why have the members to pay for it with their sub fees top up?
Well of course he can build again???? but if he don't have enough money for this, u think he got money to build another golf club?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:45 pm

If i not wrong, laguna members have no voting rights, can't do anything to change what the owner wants. That's y membership price went down, cos a lot of members are selling. IMO, nothing much we or the members can do.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 pm

nientsu wrote:
If i not wrong, laguna members have no voting rights, can't do anything to change what the owner wants. That's y membership price went down, cos a lot of members are selling. IMO, nothing much we or the members can do.
Yes, Laguna's members got no voting rights.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 pm

enwee wrote:
Well of course he can build again???? but if he don't have enough money for this, u think he got money to build another golf club?

If he doesn't fine, then take a bank loan under his wings and leave the members out this arrangements. Its not like the profit of the hotel will be shared or any members will get a share of the this. To me, its akin to member subsidizing the hotels business which the member doesn't have a part of.


Last edited by Khorkar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Khorkar wrote:
enwee wrote:
Well of course he can build again???? but if he don't have enough money for this, u think he got money to build another golf club?

If he doesn't fine, then take a bank loan under his wings and leave the members out this arrangements. Its not like the profit of the hotel will be shaft or any members will get a share our the this. To me, its akin to member subsidizing the hotels business which the member doesn't have a part of.

Interestingly he was supposed to set up a 200-room hotel @ laguna way back in 2007 as per this article http://news.asiaone.com/News/The+Straits+Times/Story/Peter+Kwee+to+build+200-room+hotel+on+Laguna+club+grounds.html

then in 2009 was in the news again http://business.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20090723-156661.html

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 am

Khorkar wrote:
Just read the article....

Looks like DGman and other members will be not be looking like a happy bunny as they are likely to pay more for sub fees..

Not good news for members.

Actually guys that is not entirely correct. existing membership expires in 2020, it has always been a running joke that they are only club with an expiry date on their membership card.

So the new price is a new membership. Existing members have been given a chance to extend at a discount,.

As for the Hotel there were many chains bidding to build it, the members are not paying, neither is the Man! It is a done deal starts next year...
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:39 pm

What abt those with leftover credits in their card (who are not members)..they cannot go to the range anymore?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 pm

jac_mav wrote:
What abt those with leftover credits in their card (who are not members)..they cannot go to the range anymore?
I think u can used until finish....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Laguna drving range card top up   Today at 11:58 am

Back to top Go down
 
Laguna drving range card top up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Laguna drving range card top up
» Keppel Driving Range now need to validate range card everytime before drawing balls?!?!
» Bishan Range
» Closure of Laguna drvg range- where's Torque golf?
» Is NSRCC range open to public

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.