Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Vote: Worst Driving Range

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 pm

beginner also can come 2nd floor what Smile. Maybe we can exchange tips? poly vacation now sian sian
Back to top Go down
deckbuild
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

goh.YF.52 wrote:
beginner also can come 2nd floor what Smile. Maybe we can exchange tips? poly vacation now sian sian

No problem on 2nd level, just that it's always crowded and I can't get a space Smile

You heading there today? Maybe we should just PM =)
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm

just sent u a PM, lets not flood here with chats
Back to top Go down
merceid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Water

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 pm

New mats and new balls at green fairways at eng neo. They will be renovating the 9 holes too. 30 balls for $2.00
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

merceid wrote:
New mats and new balls at green fairways at eng neo. They will be renovating the 9 holes too. 30 balls for $2.00

finally... cheers
Back to top Go down
garath1981
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Who is the operator of the driving range now at Green Fairways?
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm

merceid wrote:
New mats and new balls at green fairways at eng neo. They will be renovating the 9 holes too. 30 balls for $2.00

hopefully with new ball washing machine? that was the problem before
Back to top Go down
Straightman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 pm

mariateo wrote:
lamegolfer wrote:
There's a new contender: Green Fairways Chinese Gdns. New management, new rules, new (higher) charges.

1) Newly installed carpark barrier wef 01 Dec. So now have to pay for parking.
2) Range Charges:
Members (@$438 p.a.): $4 per 100 balls (off=peak)
Non-members: $7 per 100 balls (off=peak)!!

Still not looking like brand new although they have new mats & recently repainted. New charges are exhorbitant. Used to be fairly well patronised early mornings but carpark now deserted. Must be becos no-one's parking there to car-pool & play in JB. But previous morning range regulars also dropped out completely.

Wonder how long they can last with these new changes; would have thought they'd want to attract more to patronise but what they've done completely turn off everyone. Not like this is a fantastic range; very basic but charges are the most ex!!
I heard parking charges are $1 per hr. After 7pm It's $3 per entry! U cannot even claim complimentary! At CEDAN, we can.... stupid management.!

Situation just got worse. Ghost town! Heard the Pro Shop there giving up lease.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Straightman wrote:
mariateo wrote:
lamegolfer wrote:
There's a new contender: Green Fairways Chinese Gdns. New management, new rules, new (higher) charges.

1) Newly installed carpark barrier wef 01 Dec. So now have to pay for parking.
2) Range Charges:
Members (@$438 p.a.): $4 per 100 balls (off=peak)
Non-members: $7 per 100 balls (off=peak)!!

Still not looking like brand new although they have new mats & recently repainted. New charges are exhorbitant. Used to be fairly well patronised early mornings but carpark now deserted. Must be becos no-one's parking there to car-pool & play in JB. But previous morning range regulars also dropped out completely.

Wonder how long they can last with these new changes; would have thought they'd want to attract more to patronise but what they've done completely turn off everyone. Not like this is a fantastic range; very basic but charges are the most ex!!
I heard parking charges are $1 per hr. After 7pm It's $3 per entry! U cannot even claim complimentary! At CEDAN, we can.... stupid management.!

Situation just got worse. Ghost town! Heard the Pro Shop there giving up lease.

lol!

Not sure it's because a lot people still do not know it's opened or people just avoid it altogether.

How did you find the place now ? Better?

Ghost town is good.... That means you'll have lotsa peace and quiet while hitting balls....?

lol!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 pm

chien wrote:
Straightman wrote:
mariateo wrote:
lamegolfer wrote:
There's a new contender: Green Fairways Chinese Gdns. New management, new rules, new (higher) charges.

1) Newly installed carpark barrier wef 01 Dec. So now have to pay for parking.
2) Range Charges:
Members (@$438 p.a.): $4 per 100 balls (off=peak)
Non-members: $7 per 100 balls (off=peak)!!

Still not looking like brand new although they have new mats & recently repainted. New charges are exhorbitant. Used to be fairly well patronised early mornings but carpark now deserted. Must be becos no-one's parking there to car-pool & play in JB. But previous morning range regulars also dropped out completely.

Wonder how long they can last with these new changes; would have thought they'd want to attract more to patronise but what they've done completely turn off everyone. Not like this is a fantastic range; very basic but charges are the most ex!!
I heard parking charges are $1 per hr. After 7pm It's $3 per entry! U cannot even claim complimentary! At CEDAN, we can.... stupid management.!

Situation just got worse. Ghost town! Heard the Pro Shop there giving up lease.

lol!

Not sure it's because a lot people still do not know it's opened or people just avoid it altogether.

How did you find the place now ? Better?

Ghost town is good.... That means you'll have lotsa peace and quiet while hitting balls....?

lol!
yah..and maybe they'll removed the parking fee.
Back to top Go down
lamegolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 am

With the new prices that they're charging plus carpark; even the ghosts will avoid it.... Go at your own peril!
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 289
Join date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:46 am

They r the first driving range I know trying to make $$$$ from charging car park fee instead of balls.... I think. Anyways, latest update, it's now back to $1/hr. till 2359. If u buy 200 balls, u get $2 rebate... Thing is, I cannot finish 200 balls in 2 hrs. And I also like to sit around, chit chat with my kakis... Hv buckets of beers.... Seriously need to look for new place to go.
Back to top Go down
Straightman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 am

For the $2 parking you must know the catch. Must 200 balls at one go. What kind of stupid management. Yes I agree, mindset is to make money from car park too. Anyway, they talk damn big, found out they operate on shoe string budget. Goodluck to them. Just lost a nice place. I am going to RCC or Warren. Both free parking.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

Straightman wrote:
For the $2 parking you must know the catch. Must 200 balls at one go. What kind of stupid management. Yes I agree, mindset is to make money from car park too. Anyway, they talk damn big, found out they operate on shoe string budget. Goodluck to them. Just lost a nice place. I am going to RCC or Warren. Both free parking.
Anyway, just wondering, those in the west how come don't go JCC? no good or too ex?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 am

enwee wrote:
Straightman wrote:
For the $2 parking you must know the catch. Must 200 balls at one go. What kind of stupid management. Yes I agree, mindset is to make money from car park too. Anyway, they talk damn big, found out they operate on shoe string budget. Goodluck to them. Just lost a nice place. I am going to RCC or Warren. Both free parking.
Anyway, just wondering, those in the west how come don't go JCC? no good or too ex?

I think for people who stays in bukit timah, green fairways is the most convenient public range.. But if u stay towards ulu pandan n towards jurong, then yes, jcc may be better...

Havent been to green fairways since new management yet.. am keen to go see how screwed up they are... lol!

Back to top Go down
garath1981
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:51 am

I was at Green Fairways (off Eng Neo Avenue) over the weekend. New mats and clean range balls. Being operated by Champions Golf Academy. Looks like major renovation works will be carried out in the near future.
Back to top Go down
merceid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Water

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

cybermambo wrote:
merceid wrote:
New mats and new balls at green fairways at eng neo. They will be renovating the 9 holes too. 30 balls for $2.00

hopefully with new ball washing machine? that was the problem before

Seems like it. Balls are still clean and white and the guy over at the cashier said they got themselves a new ball cleaning machine. New distance markers as well. Lights seems to be brighter as well. They are getting the ball dispenser repaired as well.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 am

I went to green fairway at eng neo yesterday afternoon.. there is any carpark charges leh??? Am i talking the same place ??? Lol... anyway they are improving the place.. they are cutting the range glass and improve the light.. the only thing they are "de-proving" is the charges for $2 for 30 balls.. hopefully they can improve the charges to lower price like $2 for 45 balls.. lol...
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 pm

went to champions golf this morning ( off eng neo. previously known as greenfairways). transview is gone. pro shop area under construction. so, old range card (cost $6) with whatever credit is useless. got to buy a new range card that cost another $6. confirmed $2 for 30 balls. ball looks clean, matt is very new. range field has new distance markers. free parking. most of the coaches are still around.

to be fair, based on the current conditions, champions golf does not deserve to be listed in this "worst driving range" thread:

http://db.tt/TfrGuvw2

http://db.tt/erXe4JST

http://db.tt/nHUM9SBt

http://db.tt/CoLrBAh0

http://db.tt/nKrCNjd8
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Has anyone been to this range recently after the renovation and any feedback?
Back to top Go down
albhedrin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 53
Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:21 am

yes. i just play at the range yesterday. First time there after they renovated. i can say very nice view and greenery surrounding you make you feel comfortable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
albhedrin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 53
Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 am

oops, forget to mention, they also renovate the executive course as well according to the uncle working at the counter there. it is recommend to try it out that place. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:28 pm

That's nice! always liked the location but a pity it was so run down.. great to hear its finally renovated. Are the charges still the same, I.e $0.10/ball?
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Don't have to vote, just come to Malaysia, plenty of them...Smile
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:06 am

Bishan should be in the TOP list!!! old golf ball, condition really worse almost all the DR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Driving Range    Today at 11:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
Vote: Worst Driving Range
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Keppel Driving Range now need to validate range card everytime before drawing balls?!?!
» Anyone going to CDAN driving range tonight?
» newbie starting out in driving range
» OCC driving range top-up 50% discount on 19:00~20:00 11 May 2011. (one hour only)
» Arena golf driving range??

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.