Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 how many balls usually lost in your game ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Salty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 33
Location : Somewhere in the deep blue sea...Hiding.

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

1 ball @ mandai executives!
hahahaha

18 hole about 6-9 balls
Most of them contributed to the rising water level of the golf course
Back to top Go down
falconlgh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-05-06
Age : 33
Location : CCK

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 am

Lost like 15 balls for my virgin game at Poresia on 30th Apr. Haha. Hope next time will lose less.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 8:44 am

joetan_sin wrote:
think if you lose more than 5 for a 18 hole.. better retire.. lol!

Comment is not funny but shocking. Shocked
If that's the case, pros should retire from the tournament once they reached the limit of 5 balls. I lost 5 balls last Sat pm at Poresia. That means according to recommendation I am sitting on the cut line. Sad


Last edited by TDO on Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 am

Usually will lose 1-3 balls on a 18 hole course, really happy if i don't lose any.
But then if I do not lose balls how can i finish the stockpile I have in my storeroom! Shocked
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 9:42 am

Seriously I don't think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it's their 1st game. Sometimes, it's not the ball got lost, it got plucked into the ground is more common here especially for malaysia course.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 9:54 am

enwee wrote:
Seriously I don't think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it's their 1st game. Sometimes, it's not the ball got lost, it got plucked into the ground is more common here especially for malaysia course.

Sorry bro. I do not understand what you really mean ?

" You do not think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it is their 1st game " ??
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 41
Location : Reading Green

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 9:59 am

Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Seriously I don't think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it's their 1st game. Sometimes, it's not the ball got lost, it got plucked into the ground is more common here especially for malaysia course.

Sorry bro. I do not understand what you really mean ?

" You do not think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it is their 1st game " ??
Maybe nows a day beginner train hard in range for their 1st game lol!
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:00 am

Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Seriously I don't think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it's their 1st game. Sometimes, it's not the ball got lost, it got plucked into the ground is more common here especially for malaysia course.

Sorry bro. I do not understand what you really mean ?

" You do not think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it is their 1st game " ??

i translate" i think beginner will lose ball for 18 holes....."
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:03 am

Just curious, when you played your 1st game on a 18 holes, how many you balls you lost? I lost quite a lot recently on the Tanjong last year 1 month before the barclays. The rough was almost impossible to find balls? Soft ground....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:09 am

haragolfer wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Seriously I don't think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it's their 1st game. Sometimes, it's not the ball got lost, it got plucked into the ground is more common here especially for malaysia course.

Sorry bro. I do not understand what you really mean ?

" You do not think any beginner will not lose a ball for 18 holes, especially it is their 1st game " ??

i translate" i think beginner will lose ball for 18 holes....."

Oh, I see. It is a typing error .. He mean " WILL LOSE" not "WILL NOT LOSE".

Thanks haragolfer
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1378
Join date : 2011-06-28
Age : 37
Location : West side

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:20 am

It's not a typing error. It's a comprehension error.
Back to top Go down
sywog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 92
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 am

I have lost balls around the practice putting/chipping green area.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 am

it is the double negative la, "do not think.... will not lose..." become " will lose"
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 am

haragolfer wrote:
it is the double negative la, "do not think.... will not lose..." become " will lose"

You are correct .. My bad Laughing
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:37 am

dmateo wrote:
Thanks Hkhamateur!

there are a lot of tough course in the world.. well if we talk about Asia some of the notable course that I played and been humbled are
9 dragon hills and phoenix hills Shenzhen, Citic C course Shantou...

I also still vividly remember someone who publicly said he will throw all his club away and quit golf if he played like me. well guess what, I beat him on a game with the same audience when he made the statement not long after with the help of the golfing gods (52 + 37 on white MBGC, bet he didn't see it coming, cause neither do I !!! ). Damn those were sweet indeed....

oh no... on your 1003rd post, you expose your buaya status by clearly explaining and demonstrating the 3-step "Eat PIG" procedure on the buaya handbook...

Step 1: Bait the pig.
Play lousy on purpose then get the PIG to make comments that he cannot take back. Then play on pig's ego to lure bait into commiting to a bet the next game (u scored 100% here)

Step 2: Seasoning the pig for the kill
Play a crappy front nine then pig now ego full ful already. Time to add seasoning and increase the bet big time (again, u scored 100% here for your controlled 52 and great acting skills)

Step 3: The feast begins
Play your normal game and slaughter the pig... mmm... roasted... nice (again, 100% score for you for a near even par 9 holes to ensure complete degustation...brilliant!?!)

In summary... bro @dmateo, you are a 100% perfect example of a buaya. :p



Back to the point of losing balls... the moral of the story is that you should not assume a golfers standard based on the number of balls he loses in a game... else, you may lose your own 2 balls by the end of the 18 holes Wink

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am

LousyGolfer wrote:


oh no... on your 1003rd post, you expose your buaya status by clearly explaining and demonstrating the 3-step "Eat PIG" procedure on the buaya handbook...

Step 1: Bait the pig.
Play lousy on purpose then get the PIG to make comments that he cannot take back. Then play on pig's ego to lure bait into commiting to a bet the next game (u scored 100% here)

Step 2: Seasoning the pig for the kill
Play a crappy front nine then pig now ego full ful already. Time to add seasoning and increase the bet big time (again, u scored 100% here for your controlled 52 and great acting skills)

Step 3: The feast begins
Play your normal game and slaughter the pig... mmm... roasted... nice (again, 100% score for you for a near even par 9 holes to ensure complete degustation...brilliant!?!)

In summary... bro @dmateo, you are a 100% perfect example of a buaya. :p


Sorry, I cannot help notice that, If you have the knowledge of all the above procedure to be a buaya. It is really hard not to be believe that you do not belong to the same club too bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 10:54 am

Slicer51 wrote:

Sorry, I cannot help notice that, If you have the knowledge of all the above procedure to be a buaya. It is really hard not to be believe that you do not belong to the same club too bro Very Happy

unfortunately, i learnt about the buaya's guidebook by being the pig on too many occasions... so i am just letting my fellow pigs know so tat they can spot the buaya and not get roasted so many time Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:

Sorry, I cannot help notice that, If you have the knowledge of all the above procedure to be a buaya. It is really hard not to be believe that you do not belong to the same club too bro Very Happy

unfortunately, i learnt about the buaya's guidebook by being the pig on too many occasions... so i am just letting my fellow pigs know so tat they can spot the buaya and not get roasted so many time Smile

pig understood. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

good round: 1 ball
bad roung: 4-5 balls
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Nah I never had that kind of score again. That was when I am hcp 22 and play off 95-100 ish. That was the first time ever I broke 90 so it was very sweet.

There was no bait involve. The dude asked my average score and then said he would quit and throw away all of his club if he were to play like me.

Does that constitute me as a buaya? I think it's mere luck and element in line. But I will leave it to your own judgement.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm

dmateo wrote:
Nah I never had that kind of score again. That was when I am hcp 22 and play off 95-100 ish. That was the first time ever I broke 90 so it was very sweet.

There was no bait involve. The dude asked my average score and then said he would quit and throw away all of his club if he were to play like me.

Does that constitute me as a buaya? I think it's mere luck and element in line. But I will leave it to your own judgement.

No I won't judge you. But you have to give me 5-5 adjustable. Razz

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

playing with mloy?

2 and then some...
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

when i just started playing, I didnt lose any balls... cos all my shots roll a few metres each time only.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 pm

haragolfer wrote:
when i was playing laguna a long time ago, my friend and me all lost more than a dozen balls each by 12 hole. we decided any hole got water we just skip. ahhhhhhh, the fond memories ...... We still have a good laugh about it now.

Ah bro..laguna laguna...masters course.

Elsewhere i'd lose 1 or 2 balls usually.

But at masters, gteed i'd lose at least 6 balls. Max was 8.

The force is strong there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: how many balls usually lost in your game ?   Today at 8:12 am

Back to top Go down
 
how many balls usually lost in your game ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» how many balls usually lost in your game ?
» No more lost balls!
» Rules of Golf or Standard local game practise - OB + Lost Ball = How many Penalty strokes?
» How to Choose the Right Golf Ball for Your Game
» Best Golf balls in 2015

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.