Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nice Thai food in Bangkok

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi peeps,

Any bros with suggestions for nice and cheap places for Thai food in Bangkok.

Will be heading up there next week for golf and looking for places for Makan sessions after.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 10:39 pm

sob wrote:
Hi peeps,

Any bros with suggestions for nice and cheap places for Thai food in Bangkok.

Will be heading up there next week for golf and looking for places for Makan sessions after.

Thanks
Depending on what food you like? Paragon food court not bad, so is the food court on top of the Central World. Restauarnt wise, Je Ngor is good must try the kangkong, another one now my current favourite is ho's kitchen.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Bro Enwee,
Sounds like good choices!

Will try to check them out!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 pm

sob wrote:
Bro Enwee,
Sounds like good choices!

Will try to check them out!
another one...go tawandang for beer with food. so much cheaper there than here...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 pm

You may want to try:

High-end but yummy:
Thai on 4 in Amari Watergate Hotel Pratunam
Food i shiok but a bit pricey based on BKK standards. The phad-krapow is "no horse run"

Middle-high end:
Taling-Pling on Sathorn Road (branch in Central World Plaza)
Good food and must reserve before going

Middle and affordable:
Baan Ah Charn on Soi Rang Nam also near Pratunam
Food is authentic, cheap & good
Must try their cotton fish
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Baan Khanitha - South Sathon road (www.baan-khanitha.com) - on the expensive side but good fine thai dining. This is high end really.

Baan Khun Mae in Siam Square.... A bit of tourist trap imho but still good Thai food.

Chinese Thai food - Samyam Seafood along Narathiwat

But my favorites are those that are much more local sea food - one that comes to mind is in Chatuchak Rama III (this is in Rama 3, next to river, not Chatuchak weekend market) - great seafood, modestly priced. The fish dishes are great, my favorite is the pla thod... fish cooked in salt...

Along Rama III actually there are a lot of good local food - one of which is actually in Chong Nonsee (so go to Narathiwat road where Tawandang is on the left side, first major intersection turn left and there is a road side restaurant) - they have spit roasted suckling pig that is so damn yummy.... cost 800 baht for the whole pig!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Fri May 11, 2012 11:43 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
Baan Khanitha - South Sathon road (www.baan-khanitha.com) - on the expensive side but good fine thai dining. This is high end really.

Baan Khun Mae in Siam Square.... A bit of tourist trap imho but still good Thai food.

Chinese Thai food - Samyam Seafood along Narathiwat

But my favorites are those that are much more local sea food - one that comes to mind is in Chatuchak Rama III (this is in Rama 3, next to river, not Chatuchak weekend market) - great seafood, modestly priced. The fish dishes are great, my favorite is the pla thod... fish cooked in salt...

Along Rama III actually there are a lot of good local food - one of which is actually in Chong Nonsee (so go to Narathiwat road where Tawandang is on the left side, first major intersection turn left and there is a road side restaurant) - they have spit roasted suckling pig that is so damn yummy.... cost 800 baht for the whole pig!
Samyam Seafood? I think no more liao, used to be house restaurant....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 am

You must not miss this place.

Ko Khun

http://spicegasm.com/2010/11/ko-khun-kunthong-a-beef-affair/
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 am

Khorkar wrote:
You must not miss this place.

Ko Khun

http://spicegasm.com/2010/11/ko-khun-kunthong-a-beef-affair/

Looks yummy-licious. Die-die must try the next time in BKK!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 8:54 am

Please makesure you have clean bill of health when you go there.... Coz the food there is sinful.....

Not kidding... Its Swine and Dine... plus you will be tempted to drink lotsa beer...

Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 510
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 am

Wow all the nice food plus good weather makes me gian for my next trip to bkk...bro sob, got room for 1 more player?
Back to top Go down
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 3:34 pm

sob wrote:
Hi peeps,

Any bros with suggestions for nice and cheap places for Thai food in Bangkok.

Will be heading up there next week for golf and looking for places for Makan sessions after.

Thanks

Try here :
http://www.nathong.com/en
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Check out Another Hound at Siam Paragon: http://www.siamparagon.co.th/v9/shop_detail.php?id=869

Also, for Let's Relax Spa at Terminal21 for good, cheap spa treatment. Also got good food at Terminal21: http://www.letsrelaxspa.com/index.php?branch=terminal21
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 5:02 pm

crayon33 wrote:
Wow all the nice food plus good weather makes me gian for my next trip to bkk...bro sob, got room for 1 more player?

Sorry Bro crayon33 , arrangements all done by someone else.Just tagging along for the ride.

Maybe next time na?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm

stingray wrote:
Check out Another Hound at Siam Paragon: http://www.siamparagon.co.th/v9/shop_detail.php?id=869

Also, for Let's Relax Spa at Terminal21 for good, cheap spa treatment. Also got good food at Terminal21: http://www.letsrelaxspa.com/index.php?branch=terminal21
Spa? Can try out mulberry spa behind soi cowboy.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Let's do a Bangkok golf, spa and makan trip....
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, ended up in one of the food street off huat kwang.
Local delicacy all round! Also easier on the wallet,more cash for massages after the game!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 5:19 pm

sob wrote:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, ended up in one of the food street off huat kwang.
Local delicacy all round! Also easier on the wallet,more cash for massages after the game!

Thanks again!

did the rain affect your games?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

It only rained out 2 holes on our first day, which was fun cuz the caddies were like "c'mon finish the course, be a man!!"
We were basically swimming on the greens, hole was flooded.
It helped that the caddies were cozying up to us as we had umbrellas, we were playing at Panya.For those who have been there, u know what I mean. Rolling Eyes

But the rest of the games was ron mak mak, lotsa wind.
It was fun, hoping to do it again end this year.
Back to top Go down
JonDoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 7:27 pm

sob wrote:
It only rained out 2 holes on our first day, which was fun cuz the caddies were like "c'mon finish the course, be a man!!"
We were basically swimming on the greens, hole was flooded.
It helped that the caddies were cozying up to us as we had umbrellas, we were playing at Panya.For those who have been there, u know what I mean. Rolling Eyes

But the rest of the games was ron mak mak, lotsa wind.
It was fun, hoping to do it again end this year.

rainy season has started, I guess.

If you go one month earlier, you might get heatstroke playing golf. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 8:14 pm

sob wrote:
It only rained out 2 holes on our first day, which was fun cuz the caddies were like "c'mon finish the course, be a man!!"
We were basically swimming on the greens, hole was flooded.
It helped that the caddies were cozying up to us as we had umbrellas, we were playing at Panya.For those who have been there, u know what I mean. Rolling Eyes

But the rest of the games was ron mak mak, lotsa wind.
It was fun, hoping to do it again end this year.
Which course u played?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Panya Indra, lamlukka,muang keaw and the royal.

All pretty excellent courses, lamlukka having great summer promotions on weekdays, 1400 baht only for green fees. Laughing
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Muang Keaw is a very tough course. The rest I never played...but i do like summit windmill.
Back to top Go down
zacaroo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 130
Join date : 2012-01-09
Location : Clementi

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Mon May 21, 2012 11:07 pm

if this thread is still about food. i recommend somboon seafood! haha
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Tue May 22, 2012 7:43 am

zacaroo wrote:
if this thread is still about food. i recommend somboon seafood! haha

Good choice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nice Thai food in Bangkok   Today at 12:30 am

Back to top Go down
 
Nice Thai food in Bangkok
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nice Thai food in Bangkok
» Beef feast on the 17th or 18th March BKK
» Hot from Bangkok (pics) in Thai national colours too...
» Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.
» Food Treasures Gelang Patah - Sim Seafood (Opposite 777 Coffee Shop)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.