Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Starbucks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-10-15
Location : ANG MO KIO

PostSubject: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Anyone can guide a beginner ?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Starbucks wrote:
Anyone can guide a beginner ?
Btw hybrid and rescue are the same club. As for when to use, it's up to you it's what shot are you comfortable with, there's no right or wrong in golf, only good or bad result.
Back to top Go down
Starbucks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-10-15
Location : ANG MO KIO

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Enwee... Thanks ... Sound simple haaaa don't care black cat or white cat. As long can meow is a cat....
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Starbucks wrote:
Enwee... Thanks ... Sound simple haaaa don't care black cat or white cat. As long can meow is a cat....
Yes....eg. if a par 3 you top a ball and the ball went inside the hole, don't tell me you don't wanna claim hio prize?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I stand corrected but i read before TM trademark the 'rescue' so other brands use 'hybrid' as a generic reference to those half wood half iron type of club
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 pm

If both hybrid / rescue club and fairway wood are of the same loft, usually the rescue / hybrid design is easier to hit a ball outta rough. Fw works best outta fairway

Usually most folks seldom put fw and hybrid/rescue of the same loft in their bag. Some ppl find that hybrid/rescue is easier to hit than fw, and more versatile but ball trajectory different.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

pocketace wrote:
If both hybrid / rescue club and fairway wood are of the same loft, usually the rescue / hybrid design is easier to hit a ball outta rough. Fw works best outta fairway

Usually most folks seldom put fw and hybrid/rescue of the same loft in their bag. Some ppl find that hybrid/rescue is easier to hit than fw, and more versatile but ball trajectory different.

Ah....not forgetting normallly with the same loft, the hybrid is shorter the fairway wood.
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Thu May 24, 2012 11:11 pm

distance : fairway wood is much further than a hybrid mostly due to the length of the shaft

usage : i'll rather put out my hybrid more often than my FW purely because they are much easier to hit off the grass/rough than FW for my case


watch the video below fast forward to 7min


Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 1:22 am

this is very easy for me as I don't use hybrid/rescue. so use wood for ball on fairway or shallow bunker, and iron for everything else.. Smile

cheers,
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 8:35 am

dmateo wrote:
this is very easy for me as I don't use hybrid/rescue. so use wood for ball on fairway or shallow bunker, and iron for everything else.. Smile

cheers,

A player that do not use hybrid clubs, can sense that you are a good player. Fairway wood longer and harder to hit compared to hybrid cheers
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 8:50 am

ever notice that rescue/hybrid can stop ball on green?

if you want to roll the ball a bit, use wood, sweep flush to the ground .

usually we play the rescue /hybrid like iron, take ball then divot the spot infront .
dont care about black or white cat. wack the ball hard and square.
the rest blame the club/ clubmaker or what ever come around.
good luck
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 9:02 am

Use wood if you know how to use it properly, else use hybrid. If also cannot use hybrid properly, then use iron.

Its not the 20-30m distance that kills you each round. Its the OB and lost balls, duff shots and topped balls.

Use your irons until you are confident of hybrid, use hybrid until you confident of wood.
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 129
Join date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 am

well... i am a beginner too... somebody pass me this advice and I think it works for me

1) Get familiar with the distance you can achieve with each clubs cos every club gives diff distance
2) choose the clubs you are most comfortable with

Like what they say, "white cat, black car, can meow is good cat"
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 9:14 am

wilsonang wrote:


Like what they say, "white cat, black car, can meow is good cat"

I think it is "can catch rat, is good cat" I also can meow.

Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 41
Location : Reading Green

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 am

wilsonang wrote:
well... i am a beginner too... somebody pass me this advice and I think it works for me

1) Get familiar with the distance you can achieve with each clubs cos every club gives diff distance
2) choose the clubs you are most comfortable with

Like what they say, "white cat, black car, can meow is good cat"

If my most comfortable club is PW and wanna go for distance how?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 452
Join date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 am

Kengnam wrote:
wilsonang wrote:
well... i am a beginner too... somebody pass me this advice and I think it works for me

1) Get familiar with the distance you can achieve with each clubs cos every club gives diff distance
2) choose the clubs you are most comfortable with

Like what they say, "white cat, black car, can meow is good cat"

If my most comfortable club is PW and wanna go for distance how?

Your PW already 130m...still wan more distance?? affraid
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 41
Location : Reading Green

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 10:07 am

Seiko wrote:
Kengnam wrote:
wilsonang wrote:
well... i am a beginner too... somebody pass me this advice and I think it works for me

1) Get familiar with the distance you can achieve with each clubs cos every club gives diff distance
2) choose the clubs you are most comfortable with

Like what they say, "white cat, black car, can meow is good cat"

If my most comfortable club is PW and wanna go for distance how?

Your PW already 130m...still wan more distance?? affraid
Seiko,130m for my SW...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Kengnam wrote:
wilsonang wrote:
well... i am a beginner too... somebody pass me this advice and I think it works for me

1) Get familiar with the distance you can achieve with each clubs cos every club gives diff distance
2) choose the clubs you are most comfortable with

Like what they say, "white cat, black car, can meow is good cat"

If my most comfortable club is PW and wanna go for distance how?

Bro, I am sure you know he is saying " the most comfortable approach distance to the pin with his most comfortable club " ... Like that also you want to bully a beginner hahahahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
dmateo wrote:
this is very easy for me as I don't use hybrid/rescue. so use wood for ball on fairway or shallow bunker, and iron for everything else.. Smile

cheers,

A player that do not use hybrid clubs, can sense that you are a good player. Fairway wood longer and harder to hit compared to hybrid cheers

Bro Slicer51, i ve e same sense too fr bro abv tat dun uses hybrid or Rescue. Very Happy
Must b always on fairway n left 100-150m. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 3:24 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
dmateo wrote:
this is very easy for me as I don't use hybrid/rescue. so use wood for ball on fairway or shallow bunker, and iron for everything else.. Smile

cheers,

A player that do not use hybrid clubs, can sense that you are a good player. Fairway wood longer and harder to hit compared to hybrid cheers

Bro Slicer51, i ve e same sense too fr bro abv tat dun uses hybrid or Rescue. Very Happy
Must b always on fairway n left 100-150m. Laughing

See what in my bag, bro .. I still use a 4 rescue, 5 & 3 wood.. My driver is very short (old man swing) lol!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Fri May 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
dmateo wrote:
this is very easy for me as I don't use hybrid/rescue. so use wood for ball on fairway or shallow bunker, and iron for everything else.. Smile

cheers,

A player that do not use hybrid clubs, can sense that you are a good player. Fairway wood longer and harder to hit compared to hybrid cheers

Bro Slicer51, i ve e same sense too fr bro abv tat dun uses hybrid or Rescue. Very Happy
Must b always on fairway n left 100-150m. Laughing

See what in my bag, bro .. I still use a 4 rescue, 5 & 3 wood.. My driver is very short (old man swing) lol!

Whahaha...same same bro. Laughing
Dun hve these tools will die liao. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snowdude2
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 pm

A fairway wood is longer and it's quite hard to hit it right when the ball is not lying flat. I use the rescue / hybrid quite frequently when it is on a lie. It helps me to 'catch' up the distance with other folks who use irons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue   Today at 6:26 am

Back to top Go down
 
Need advice: when to use wood, when to use hybrid, when use rescue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Do i need a 3 wood?
» 10th Annual Wood Hudson Car Show
» Is the swing different when using iron, wood and driver?
» Advice on drifter float fishing
» Loft for Fairway Wood

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.