Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 554
Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 pm

heard that benitez is now the new chelsea boss?

any truth?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes
Read full story here
http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1234880
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm

chelsea is now serious relegation candidate, with benitez as the manager
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 195
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 36
Location : West..

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm

botak wrote:
chelsea is now serious relegation candidate, with benitez as the manager

maybe, finish below liverpool.. santa
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 pm

i think with rafa, chelsea will finish strong this season
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Actually I don't understand what is so romantic about Rafa?

I agree he won the UCL for us in his first season, but that winning team was put together by Houlier, oui?

Yes he got the right tactics that night and we came back from 3-0 down to win. Subsequently he systematically dismantled the squad and brought in the Spanish armada. LFC looks like a la liga team (not sure if this is a good thing)

And towards the end of his tenure, LFC was clearly in decline... But I gave him credit for signing Torres
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 195
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 36
Location : West..

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 pm

pocketace wrote:
Actually I don't understand what is so romantic about Rafa?

I agree he won the UCL for us in his first season, but that winning team was put together by Houlier, oui?

Yes he got the right tactics that night and we came back from 3-0 down to win. Subsequently he systematically dismantled the squad and brought in the Spanish armada. LFC looks like a la liga team (not sure if this is a good thing)

And towards the end of his tenure, LFC was clearly in decline... But I gave him credit for signing Torres

agree, and selling alonso with the intent of buying gareth barry. scratch
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 pm

iuh wrote:
pocketace wrote:
Actually I don't understand what is so romantic about Rafa?

I agree he won the UCL for us in his first season, but that winning team was put together by Houlier, oui?

Yes he got the right tactics that night and we came back from 3-0 down to win. Subsequently he systematically dismantled the squad and brought in the Spanish armada. LFC looks like a la liga team (not sure if this is a good thing)

And towards the end of his tenure, LFC was clearly in decline... But I gave him credit for signing Torres

agree, and selling alonso with the intent of buying gareth barry. scratch

Come to think of it, I dunno how Barry and be compared with alonso? They sud not even be spoken in the same breathe.

Though Torres was our main goal getter. I think the signing of Alonso was the primary reason why Liverpool was good at that time. He was the brains of the Rafa Revolution.
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 195
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 36
Location : West..

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:58 pm

nientsu wrote:
iuh wrote:
pocketace wrote:
Actually I don't understand what is so romantic about Rafa?

I agree he won the UCL for us in his first season, but that winning team was put together by Houlier, oui?

Yes he got the right tactics that night and we came back from 3-0 down to win. Subsequently he systematically dismantled the squad and brought in the Spanish armada. LFC looks like a la liga team (not sure if this is a good thing)

And towards the end of his tenure, LFC was clearly in decline... But I gave him credit for signing Torres

agree, and selling alonso with the intent of buying gareth barry. scratch

Come to think of it, I dunno how Barry and be compared with alonso? They sud not even be spoken in the same breathe.

Though Torres was our main goal getter. I think the signing of Alonso was the primary reason why Liverpool was good at that time. He was the brains of the Rafa Revolution.

Yeah, no idea either.

Its like when Gerard Houllier signed Bruno Cheyrou, he dubbed him the new "Zidane"



鸡蛋 indeed.. he is currently without a club...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 am

rafa is a good tactician. i agree that his worst business deal was when he sold alonso. that was really stupid, i still dont know why they can sell alonso.
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:09 am

It's a conspiracy. If they don sell Alonso then the Spanish league is just barca. This will affect the economy of Spanish football. So Liverpool sacrifice lor
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:48 am

"
A Premier Inn hotel in west London has changed the name of its top floor suite to Rafa Benitez to 'honour' the new Chelsea coach - saying the room is 'perfect for short stays'.
"

lol!
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 195
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 36
Location : West..

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:02 am

TourSwing wrote:
"
A Premier Inn hotel in west London has changed the name of its top floor suite to Rafa Benitez to 'honour' the new Chelsea coach - saying the room is 'perfect for short stays'.
"

lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:56 pm

ahahahah he's gonna stay most prob until end of season only
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 pm

Reopening an old thread

For us long suffering LFC fans, finally our team has come good

6 more matches to go, get all 18 points and we will be champions!

Ok ok, One match at a time... 

We should make it to top 4 for champs league. But it's ok to dream right???
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Perfectly fine bro!

Tis a good a chance as ever.
For once in a long while, it is in their hands.
Win all 6 and they are crowned champions. Simple.

Let's take it one game at a time.
Back to top Go down
ken23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 140
Join date : 2012-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm

YNWA!!
Back to top Go down
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 195
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 36
Location : West..

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:31 pm

pocketace wrote:
Reopening an old thread

For us long suffering LFC fans, finally our team has come good

6 more matches to go, get all 18 points and we will be champions!

Ok ok, One match at a time... 

We should make it to top 4 for champs league. But it's ok to dream right???

Yes.. we dream.. together! !!  cheers 

Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 151
Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:47 pm

Yessss baby.... YNWA
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 pm

lfc aint that bad, it finished 4th 5 times, 3rd 5 times and 2nd twice in the premier league era; challenged for the title till the wire in 01/02 and 08/09 seasons, under houllier and benitez.

just that results have been particularly bad for the past 2 seasons.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 pm

zhenxua wrote:
lfc aint that bad, it finished 4th 5 times, 3rd 5 times and 2nd twice in the premier league era; challenged for the title till the wire in 01/02 and 08/09 seasons, under houllier and benitez.

just that results have been particularly bad for the past 2 seasons.

Perhaps, perhaps, Perhaps... 
Close but no cigar!

Hopefully BR can restore LFC to its glory days in the 70s and 80s
If not this season, then the next
Back to top Go down
Streamer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Brendan was asked if he will ever replace Kenny and he answered:


“I will never replace Kenny Dalglish, that’s the reality of it,” he said.


“I can only be Brendan Rodgers and do the very best I can for the football club. I’m not here to jump above – this was a guy who was voted the best player in the history of Liverpool Football Club, who’s a legend of a manager here and a fantastic man.


“So there’s not a race for me, that’s a race I would lose. But for me, what I want to do is prove my worth and prove my honesty and commitment to Liverpool Football Club. History judges you as a manager, that’s the reality of it. So it won’t be now, it will be history – and I hope history will allow me to walk alongside some of the great managers here.”


Fingers crossed to history will be made in May!
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-04-13
Location : cyberspace

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:15 am

Liverpool fc remaining fixtures:

W Ham  (away) - 6 April 2014
M City (home) - 13 April 2014
Norwich (away)- 20 April 2014
Chelsea (home)- 27 April 2014
Crystal Palace (away)- 3 May 2014
Newcastle (home) - 11 May 2014

One game at a time. The boys have to stay focus and keep their feet on the ground. Let the results do the talking! 

YNWA
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am

den wrote:
Liverpool fc remaining fixtures:

W Ham  (away) - 6 April 2014
M City (home) - 13 April 2014
Norwich (away)- 20 April 2014
Chelsea (home)- 27 April 2014
Crystal Palace (away)- 3 May 2014
Newcastle (home) - 11 May 2014

One game at a time. The boys have to stay focus and keep their feet on the ground. Let the results do the talking! 

YNWA
Yah but the crucial one should be against Man C.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:31 am

Every single match is crucial!
Not just the man City one. No point beating them if they cannot pick up points against others.
Like I said, it is in their hands. Win all and be crowned champions!

One match at a time.

Would really love to see them crowned champions at home in the final match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool   Today at 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Brendan Rodgers replaces King Kenny as boss of Liverpool
» Brendan Rogers or David Brent quiz
» Departure of king kenny
» Brendan Rodgers: Luis Suarez is worth as much as Gareth Bale
» Foo-King-Long Golf Ball

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.