Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 am

Cleveland Launcher 2009 hybrids.

Those rule the earth.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:37 am

I wont recommend the Nike CPR (1st generation) hybrid. Its not really working for me ....in my last game
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 am

Technospaz wrote:
Cleveland Launcher 2009 hybrids.

Those rule the earth.


hahahah, and do THOSE random drop legendary items.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 am

haragolfer wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Cleveland Launcher 2009 hybrids.

Those rule the earth.


hahahah, and do THOSE random drop legendary items.

Dude you are so mistaken. Those hybrids ARE legendary items!!

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

Anyone tried Japanese brand of hybrid like Maruman ?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 am

you crack me up, TS. Mloy say arranging game, when leh?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 am

haragolfer wrote:
you crack me up, TS. Mloy say arranging game, when leh?

Mloy says you are pro. Game? Can... but you gotta give me lotsa strokes, bro Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

ahnah wrote:
Anyone tried Japanese brand of hybrid like Maruman ?

Tried them once. I didn't like them but I've heard that they do pretty well. I guess hybrids, like any other clubs, are very personal. They don't suit everyone.

Aside from the Clevies, I also think that the Pings are pretty good. The G15/G20 hybrids are nice to use but look a little funny at address.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 am

Technospaz wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Anyone tried Japanese brand of hybrid like Maruman ?

Tried them once. I didn't like them but I've heard that they do pretty well. I guess hybrids, like any other clubs, are very personal. They don't suit everyone.

Aside from the Clevies, I also think that the Pings are pretty good. The G15/G20 hybrids are nice to use but look a little funny at address.

So which hybrid you recommend for beginners ?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 am

"pro.....blem" is me. all the strokes you want. Mloy games always bet beer. She is numero uno steady. But so far, i lose non stop. Word is that now i am exec secretary for BVA.
Back to top Go down
calvinong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:51 am

anybody tested or owned TM RBZ rescue? any feedbacks on these hybrids?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am

haragolfer wrote:
"pro.....blem" is me. all the strokes you want. Mloy games always bet beer. She is numero uno steady. But so far, i lose non stop. Word is that now i am exec secretary for BVA.

it's OK bro you're still exec secretary

i'm the treasurer White Flag
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am

second hand hybrids very cheap. try the clevies and nike squares. FESC sure got. get a 24 degree first. for 4 iron. try liao will know already.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

pushslice wrote:
haragolfer wrote:
"pro.....blem" is me. all the strokes you want. Mloy games always bet beer. She is numero uno steady. But so far, i lose non stop. Word is that now i am exec secretary for BVA.

it's OK bro you're still exec secretary

i'm the treasurer White Flag

okay, you treasure the beer. I just supply them..... boo hoo hoo.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:53 pm

ahnah wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Anyone tried Japanese brand of hybrid like Maruman ?

Tried them once. I didn't like them but I've heard that they do pretty well. I guess hybrids, like any other clubs, are very personal. They don't suit everyone.

Aside from the Clevies, I also think that the Pings are pretty good. The G15/G20 hybrids are nice to use but look a little funny at address.

So which hybrid you recommend for beginners ?

Cleveland hybrids Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Technospaz wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Anyone tried Japanese brand of hybrid like Maruman ?

Tried them once. I didn't like them but I've heard that they do pretty well. I guess hybrids, like any other clubs, are very personal. They don't suit everyone.

Aside from the Clevies, I also think that the Pings are pretty good. The G15/G20 hybrids are nice to use but look a little funny at address.

So which hybrid you recommend for beginners ?

Cleveland hybrids Smile

You managed to find it even before hell mode?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:56 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Anyone tried Japanese brand of hybrid like Maruman ?

Tried them once. I didn't like them but I've heard that they do pretty well. I guess hybrids, like any other clubs, are very personal. They don't suit everyone.

Aside from the Clevies, I also think that the Pings are pretty good. The G15/G20 hybrids are nice to use but look a little funny at address.

So which hybrid you recommend for beginners ?

Cleveland hybrids Smile

You managed to find it even before hell mode?

Bought them off the Auction House.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 688
Join date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:17 pm

calvinong wrote:
Hi gurus,

Can you share your thoughts and reviews on hybrids that you have used before or still having them.

Your first hand experiences on the course using those hybrids would be definitely help!

Looking for a more forgiving hybrids (3 & 4) to play on course, preferably for beginners (high to mid handicapper).




The TM Rescue Mid 19 deg and 25 deg are Jap spec regular flex. Known to be forgiving and suitable for high-mid handicapper
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 pm

For beginners and mid-high handicappers, suggest that instead of buying a 3 AND a 4 hybrid, buy a 5 hybrid (about 25 deg) and learn how to hit that first. As I have mentioned often, a 25 deg hybrid is often a beginners best friend.

As for which brand, the best part about 2nd hand clubs is that they are cheap, buy or borrow a couple to experiment until you find something you like.

My personal vote is for the old Taylor Made Burner 08 (or 09?) rescues, one of the easiest and most forgiving clubs around.

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Derek wrote:
For beginners and mid-high handicappers, suggest that instead of buying a 3 AND a 4 hybrid, buy a 5 hybrid (about 25 deg) and learn how to hit that first. As I have mentioned often, a 25 deg hybrid is often a beginners best friend.

As for which brand, the best part about 2nd hand clubs is that they are cheap, buy or borrow a couple to experiment until you find something you like.

My personal vote is for the old Taylor Made Burner 08 (or 09?) rescues, one of the easiest and most forgiving clubs around.

Not TM Burner 07 rescues ?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Derek wrote:
For beginners and mid-high handicappers, suggest that instead of buying a 3 AND a 4 hybrid, buy a 5 hybrid (about 25 deg) and learn how to hit that first. As I have mentioned often, a 25 deg hybrid is often a beginners best friend.

As for which brand, the best part about 2nd hand clubs is that they are cheap, buy or borrow a couple to experiment until you find something you like.

My personal vote is for the old Taylor Made Burner 08 (or 09?) rescues, one of the easiest and most forgiving clubs around.

actually for real beginners (cos i know there are a few seasoned beginners here)..... i suggest use 7i tee off better

if 7i = 120-130m.... u hit 3x wll get u over 350m (dun need to buy 5H mah)

in addition, one will not hit most hazards (as most will be placed around the 200m mark, then again MBGC can be an exception)......

once u are comfy with 7i, then use 5i to tee off..... then be progressive as your swing/tempo improves

real beginners must be realistic, dun always want to par..... just make sure u dun triple or kenna snowman every round u play will be a feat by itself
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-08-26
Location : out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 pm

slinger wrote:
actually for real beginners (cos i know there are a few seasoned beginners here)..... i suggest use 7i tee off better

if 7i = 120-130m.... u hit 3x wll get u over 350m (dun need to buy 5H mah)

in addition, one will not hit most hazards (as most will be placed around the 200m mark, then again MBGC can be an exception)......

once u are comfy with 7i, then use 5i to tee off..... then be progressive as your swing/tempo improves

real beginners must be realistic, dun always want to par..... just make sure u dun triple or kenna snowman every round u play will be a feat by itself

*Like* ++ cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:37 pm

slinger wrote:
Derek wrote:
For beginners and mid-high handicappers, suggest that instead of buying a 3 AND a 4 hybrid, buy a 5 hybrid (about 25 deg) and learn how to hit that first. As I have mentioned often, a 25 deg hybrid is often a beginners best friend.

As for which brand, the best part about 2nd hand clubs is that they are cheap, buy or borrow a couple to experiment until you find something you like.

My personal vote is for the old Taylor Made Burner 08 (or 09?) rescues, one of the easiest and most forgiving clubs around.

actually for real beginners (cos i know there are a few seasoned beginners here)..... i suggest use 7i tee off better

if 7i = 120-130m.... u hit 3x wll get u over 350m (dun need to buy 5H mah)

in addition, one will not hit most hazards (as most will be placed around the 200m mark, then again MBGC can be an exception)......

once u are comfy with 7i, then use 5i to tee off..... then be progressive as your swing/tempo improves

real beginners must be realistic, dun always want to par..... just make sure u dun triple or kenna snowman every round u play will be a feat by itself
But in most cases, beginner always go to the longesrt 1st....regardless what, par 4 or 5, sure driver 1st.
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 364
Join date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Just switched to TM Burner Superfast 1.0 hybrids. Love it!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Derek wrote:
For beginners and mid-high handicappers, suggest that instead of buying a 3 AND a 4 hybrid, buy a 5 hybrid (about 25 deg) and learn how to hit that first. As I have mentioned often, a 25 deg hybrid is often a beginners best friend.

As for which brand, the best part about 2nd hand clubs is that they are cheap, buy or borrow a couple to experiment until you find something you like.

My personal vote is for the old Taylor Made Burner 08 (or 09?) rescues, one of the easiest and most forgiving clubs around.

I have to agree with Derek here......the TM '09 rescue clubs are damn easy to hit...heck, if i could get a 6H, I'd use that too.......as you can see from my signature, you can never have enough hybrids in your bag.....

End of the day, you can't go wrong with any of the TM hybrids.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Today at 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
 
What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» For Sharing only....moving fm Game Improvement to Better player club
» Game improvement irons with low offset
» Super Game Improvement
» Super Game Improvement vs Game Improvement / Tour Irons
» Ping K15 - Game improvement or not!?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.