Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:43 am

honestly, i was one of the testers at the latest golf punk hybrid test and my top 3 would be the cobra baffler, the callaway razr and for ease of use for beginners, the prgr egg...
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 486
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 44
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Agree with Sham. PRGR Egg was a total surprise and it performed amazingly. If the price point was slightly lower I think you would see much more press on that one.

Baffler and Razr were both great options as well. Also liked the Ping G20 Hybrid...it looked terrible but wanted to go straight.

There were no adams hybrids to test that day, so they were not rated. But I do have a v3 that is pretty solid for the right golfer. I tend to hook it a little, so someone who is looking to help a fade might liked these.

Dan
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 208
Join date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:02 am

shamusan wrote:
honestly, i was one of the testers at the latest golf punk hybrid test and my top 3 would be the cobra baffler, the callaway razr and for ease of use for beginners, the prgr egg...
I demo-ed the egg irons and hybrids at Punggol Range's World of Golf. They were so easy to hit, it felt like cheating, and I mean that as a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am

thumbs up for the PRGR EGG from me as well. So balanced and forgiving, however, like Dan mentioned, they are very pricey

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 am

The Egg is around $1k. Tried before at Punggol Range.

Does it really suits the beginner ??? subjective.
Back to top Go down
calvinong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:04 am

i guess testing by individuals are subjective...that's my opinion only hor...

i tried the TM RBZ, Cobra and the Callaway str8 in a round...havent have the chance to try the Adam..

All test out of 5 hits each from me only nia:
1) TM RBZ - feel a tad heavy for me, can really have a fluid swing. 3/5 hit dead centre, ball off centre line of the fairway by 20 yards averaging
2) Cobra - same feeling as RBZ, a tad lighter i tink. 2 out of 5 hit dead centre, ball off centre line of the fairway also 20 yards averaging
3) Razer X HL - fluid swing, got the feel. 5/5 hit dead centre, ball off centre line of the fairway by 12 yards averaging.

But i didnt buy the Razer X yet though...hahahaha....but my testings are subjective as i said coz i am a beginner so my swing test might be in-consistent.



Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 am

now i'm itchy to test the Razr X Hybrid...maybe can make my top 5, take out the DE Tour. Does the den have one? Eric never say anything about this club lei..
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 am

pushslice wrote:
now i'm itchy to test the Razr X Hybrid...maybe can make my top 5, take out the DE Tour. Does the den have one? Eric never say anything about this club lei..

PS, I am waiting for your WTS thread.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 am

blee wrote:
pushslice wrote:
now i'm itchy to test the Razr X Hybrid...maybe can make my top 5, take out the DE Tour. Does the den have one? Eric never say anything about this club lei..

PS, I am waiting for your WTS thread.... Very Happy

you like hybrid meh? Thot you love those old Mizuno 5, 7 and 9 woods to death Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:03 pm

ahnah wrote:
The Egg is around $1k. Tried before at Punggol Range.

Does it really suits the beginner ??? subjective.

SGD1k for a hybrid?

Wow. Gobsmacked.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:11 pm

calvinong wrote:
i guess testing by individuals are subjective...that's my opinion only hor...

i tried the TM RBZ, Cobra and the Callaway str8 in a round...havent have the chance to try the Adam..

All test out of 5 hits each from me only nia:
1) TM RBZ - feel a tad heavy for me, can really have a fluid swing. 3/5 hit dead centre, ball off centre line of the fairway by 20 yards averaging
2) Cobra - same feeling as RBZ, a tad lighter i tink. 2 out of 5 hit dead centre, ball off centre line of the fairway also 20 yards averaging
3) Razer X HL - fluid swing, got the feel. 5/5 hit dead centre, ball off centre line of the fairway by 12 yards averaging.

But i didnt buy the Razer X yet though...hahahaha....but my testings are subjective as i said coz i am a beginner so my swing test might be in-consistent.




I faced this dilemma when I started.

The club must fit the swing. So as a beginner, I should build a proper swing before getting the club or else I will keep changing clubs as my swing got better.

But, the swing will also be affected by the club. So, where do I start???

After outgrowing some clubs and shafts as my swing speed and pivot improved, I realised this approach was going to be expensive.

Finally I decided to pick the club that my swing can grow into. That automatically means a club I could not hit properly when I first bought it, and consequently in order to hit it properly my swing must improve to match the club.

But this path may not be for everyone, esp if you just want to relax and enjoy golf with minimum pain, in which case, get the most forgiving club. If you can hit the hybrid 5/5, that's perfect already.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Friend just bought razed x hybrid. He really likes it so guess is really worth for a H below $100
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:48 pm

pushslice wrote:
blee wrote:
pushslice wrote:
now i'm itchy to test the Razr X Hybrid...maybe can make my top 5, take out the DE Tour. Does the den have one? Eric never say anything about this club lei..

PS, I am waiting for your WTS thread.... Very Happy

you like hybrid meh? Thot you love those old Mizuno 5, 7 and 9 woods to death Laughing

Oops, I waiting for your WTS Driver... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 51
Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:04 pm

ahnah wrote:
Friend just bought razed x hybrid. He really likes it so guess is really worth for a H below $100

Where was this from?
Back to top Go down
calvinong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm

pushslice bro, there are two models for the Rzer X.
a) Razer X (of course Smile)
b) Razer X HL

Razer X HL got increase offset and helps in addressing. More for beginner like me.

Anyway you might already known, just for info.. Smile

cheers!

pushslice wrote:
blee wrote:
pushslice wrote:
now i'm itchy to test the Razr X Hybrid...maybe can make my top 5, take out the DE Tour. Does the den have one? Eric never say anything about this club lei..

PS, I am waiting for your WTS thread.... Very Happy

you like hybrid meh? Thot you love those old Mizuno 5, 7 and 9 woods to death Laughing
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:08 pm

silverdove wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Friend just bought razed x hybrid. He really likes it so guess is really worth for a H below $100

Where was this from?

Golf Direct
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 41
Location : Reading Green

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

ahnah wrote:
silverdove wrote:
ahnah wrote:
Friend just bought razed x hybrid. He really likes it so guess is really worth for a H below $100

Where was this from?

Golf Direct
Wat???I bought it at $149, at GD lar,ahnah... Callaway
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Opss ... I made a mistake. That price is another brand
Back to top Go down
Hongsqqoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2013-07-10
Age : 38
Location : Northeast, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Saw this topic that caught my interest, however it became inactive since Jun 12, any other active hybrid discussion to recommend?

good putt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement   Today at 11:05 am

Back to top Go down
 
What hybrids would you recommend - game improvement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» For Sharing only....moving fm Game Improvement to Better player club
» Game improvement irons with low offset
» Super Game Improvement
» Super Game Improvement vs Game Improvement / Tour Irons
» Ping K15 - Game improvement or not!?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.