Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 US Open 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

Wheels beginning to come off for Furyk. He just duck hooked a tee shot into the trees at 16th.

Others not doing too well either. Simpson's approach found bunker.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:44 am

Furyk found his ball, ok lie in the rough, but blocked by trees so can't move his ball very far onto the fairway.

Needs to hit a low running draw.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Wheels beginning to come off for Furyk. He just duck hooked a tee shot into the trees at 16th.

Others not doing too well either. Simpson's approach found bunker.

Nope, not bunker, Simpson is on the rough at the lip of the bunker at the 18th. Currently tied for the lead at +1 with Furyk, who has his own problems.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Furyk found his ball, ok lie in the rough, but blocked by trees so can't move his ball very far onto the fairway.

Needs to hit a low running draw.

Just a short pitch out. 340 left to the pin. He has to lay up. It will cost him a shot.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:48 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Wheels beginning to come off for Furyk. He just duck hooked a tee shot into the trees at 16th.

Others not doing too well either. Simpson's approach found bunker.

Nope, not bunker, Simpson is on the rough at the lip of the bunker at the 18th. Currently tied for the lead at +1 with Furyk, who has his own problems.


He chips it close, should be able to make par.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Furyk found his ball, ok lie in the rough, but blocked by trees so can't move his ball very far onto the fairway.

Needs to hit a low running draw.

Just a short pitch out. 340 left to the pin. He has to lay up. It will cost him a shot.

His wood is in the fairway, 3rd shot on a par 5.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Wheels beginning to come off for Furyk. He just duck hooked a tee shot into the trees at 16th.

Others not doing too well either. Simpson's approach found bunker.

Nope, not bunker, Simpson is on the rough at the lip of the bunker at the 18th. Currently tied for the lead at +1 with Furyk, who has his own problems.


He chips it close, should be able to make par.

Simpson closes out hole 18 with a par, carding a 68 for the final day.

He is the co leader at +1.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:53 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Furyk found his ball, ok lie in the rough, but blocked by trees so can't move his ball very far onto the fairway.

Needs to hit a low running draw.

Just a short pitch out. 340 left to the pin. He has to lay up. It will cost him a shot.

His wood is in the fairway, 3rd shot on a par 5.

Furyk has to hit his wedge close for any chance of a par.

He got a good bounce, but a bad roll. The ball kicked toward the pin but the slope brought it back.

Likely one chip one putt for a bogey from there to slip to T2 w Thompson at +2.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:54 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Furyk found his ball, ok lie in the rough, but blocked by trees so can't move his ball very far onto the fairway.

Needs to hit a low running draw.

Just a short pitch out. 340 left to the pin. He has to lay up. It will cost him a shot.

His wood is in the fairway, 3rd shot on a par 5.

Furyk has to hit his wedge close for any chance of a par.

He got a good bounce, but a bad roll. The ball kicked toward the pin but the slope brought it back.

Likely one chip one putt for a bogey from there to slip to T2 w Thompson at +2.

The chip misses the pin by the right lip. Tricky short downhill putt for bogey now.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

McDowell has a long putt for birdie to move to +2 and T2.

He misses.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Furyk found his ball, ok lie in the rough, but blocked by trees so can't move his ball very far onto the fairway.

Needs to hit a low running draw.

Just a short pitch out. 340 left to the pin. He has to lay up. It will cost him a shot.

His wood is in the fairway, 3rd shot on a par 5.

Furyk has to hit his wedge close for any chance of a par.

He got a good bounce, but a bad roll. The ball kicked toward the pin but the slope brought it back.

Likely one chip one putt for a bogey from there to slip to T2 w Thompson at +2.

The chip misses the pin by the right lip. Tricky short downhill putt for bogey now.

Furyk makes it.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:58 am

Lee36328 wrote:
McDowell has a long putt for birdie to move to +2 and T2.

He misses.

He makes the par putt, remains at T4 at +3.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:00 am

So Furyk at T2, +2 has holes 17 and 18 to try to catch Simpson.

Should be able to birdie hole 17, the 'easy' par 5.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:02 am

Hole 17 par 5 522

McDowell pushes his tee shot into the right rough.

Jim is in the right 1st cut rough, looks ok. Better than his duck hook just now.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 am

Lee Westwood looked ok until his tee shot got caught up in a tree and never came back down.

1 7 Webb Simpson +1 F -2 72 73 68 68 281
T2 16 Michael Thompson +2 F -3 66 75 74 67 282
T2 1 Jim Furyk +2 16 +3 70 69 70 - 209
T4 14 David Toms +3 F -2 69 70 76 68 283
T4 14 Padraig Harrington +3 F -2 74 70 71 68 283
T4 4 John Peterson +3 F E 71 70 72 70 283
T4 4 Jason Dufner +3 F E 72 71 70 70 283
T4 3 Graeme McDowell +3 16 +4 69 72 68 - 209
T9 5 Ernie Els +4 F +2 75 69 68 72 284
T9 5 Lee Westwood +4 17 +2 73 72 67 - 212
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 17 par 5 522

McDowell pushes his tee shot into the right rough.

Jim is in the right 1st cut rough, looks ok. Better than his duck hook just now.

Jim has 222 yards left in this shorter par 5.

His iron from the right first cut rough went right, never came back, and he is in the right greenside bunker.

McDowell finds the left greenside bunker. He has an easier shot than Furyk.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 am

Lee Westwood bogeys hole 18, finishes at +3 for the day, +5 and T10 for the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:10 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 17 par 5 522

McDowell pushes his tee shot into the right rough.

Jim is in the right 1st cut rough, looks ok. Better than his duck hook just now.

Jim has 222 yards left in this shorter par 5.

His iron from the right first cut rough went right, never came back, and he is in the right greenside bunker.

McDowell finds the left greenside bunker. He has an easier shot than Furyk.

Furyk out safely but short, leaving a long birdie putt.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 17 par 5 522

McDowell pushes his tee shot into the right rough.

Jim is in the right 1st cut rough, looks ok. Better than his duck hook just now.

Jim has 222 yards left in this shorter par 5.

His iron from the right first cut rough went right, never came back, and he is in the right greenside bunker.

McDowell finds the left greenside bunker. He has an easier shot than Furyk.

Furyk out safely but short, leaving a long birdie putt.

He leaves the birdie putt short. Par.

From the bunker, McDowell's birdie putt is shorter than Furyk's. He MAKES IT!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 am

So GMac back up to +2, together with Furyk.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am

Furyk makes the par putt.

It's

1 Simpson +1
T2 Furyk +2
T2 McDowell +2

Jim and Gmac go to the final hole to try to catch Simpson.... Simpson is waiting in the clubhouse to see if there's a playoff.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am

Hole 18 par 4 344

It all comes down to this hole.

Gmac, hybrid, finds the fairway but rolls to the right 1st cut.

Furyk, iron (disciplined course management), rolls about 3-4 foot past Gmac's ball, also in the first cut.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 am

Great updates Lee! Thank you.

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:20 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 18 par 4 344

It all comes down to this hole.

Gmac, hybrid, finds the fairway but rolls to the right 1st cut.

Furyk, iron (disciplined course management), rolls about 3-4 foot past Gmac's ball, also in the first cut.

Gmac's approach finds the green safely, past the pin.

But Furyk finds left bunker, semi buried. Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 18 par 4 344

It all comes down to this hole.

Gmac, hybrid, finds the fairway but rolls to the right 1st cut.

Furyk, iron (disciplined course management), rolls about 3-4 foot past Gmac's ball, also in the first cut.

Gmac's approach finds the green safely, past the pin.

But Furyk finds left bunker, semi buried. Ouch!

Furyk unlikely to birdie from there.

Gmac has a long downhill birdie putt to get to playoff.

If not, it's Webb Simpson's victory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: US Open 2012   Today at 4:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
US Open 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Japan Open & Carnival on Ice &Medal Winners Open 2012
» Congratulation to Louis Oosthuizen on his win at Maybank Malaysian Open
» US Open 2012
» BSO 2012 Promos
» BSO 2012 Suggestions and Queries

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.