Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 WHat does NSRCC membership include?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Honestly if u calculate like this, then there's only club worth joining. SICC. Not only they have 4 x18 holes, 2 clubs house, located in the middle of singapore also their recipocals are the best around.

Btw pls be reminded that all the local golf courses are on lease hold land. Most of the left around 15 years only not only SICC, RCC or Keppel, if I'm not wrong it's all. So what happened if the least is up? Club had to renew least from government, so if the club sinking fund is not enough, all members had to top up. So these are charges that are unstated. I'm sure people around here read abt SICC case in newspaper. RCC recently spend a huge sum of money to renovate the changing room and shower area. So there was a huge power struggle in the last AGM.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-05-29
Age : 55
Location : Somewhere at the golf course

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:30 pm

enwee wrote:
Honestly if u calculate like this, then there's only club worth joining. SICC. Not only they have 4 x18 holes, 2 clubs house, located in the middle of singapore also their recipocals are the best around.

Btw pls be reminded that all the local golf courses are on lease hold land. Most of the left around 15 years only not only SICC, RCC or Keppel, if I'm not wrong it's all. So what happened if the least is up? Club had to renew least from government, so if the club sinking fund is not enough, all members had to top up. So these are charges that are unstated. I'm sure people around here read abt SICC case in newspaper. RCC recently spend a huge sum of money to renovate the changing room and shower area. So there was a huge power struggle in the last AGM.
OK! you win NSRCC is the BEST and CHEAPEST club in sg.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Angchug wrote:
enwee wrote:
Honestly if u calculate like this, then there's only club worth joining. SICC. Not only they have 4 x18 holes, 2 clubs house, located in the middle of singapore also their recipocals are the best around.

Btw pls be reminded that all the local golf courses are on lease hold land. Most of the left around 15 years only not only SICC, RCC or Keppel, if I'm not wrong it's all. So what happened if the least is up? Club had to renew least from government, so if the club sinking fund is not enough, all members had to top up. So these are charges that are unstated. I'm sure people around here read abt SICC case in newspaper. RCC recently spend a huge sum of money to renovate the changing room and shower area. So there was a huge power struggle in the last AGM.
OK! you win NSRCC is the BEST and CHEAPEST club in sg.

As I mention before it may not be the cheapest but it's not everyone can afford 40K upfront. NSRCC is a good starting point for most people. Mind you, I played quite a lot in RCC, it's like a 2nd home ground for me as well, because I know many members of RCC. In fact if you play 2x or less in a month, u might as well play as guest especially on tues where they got promotion, this is what all the members told me. Actually a lot of members also ask me to buy RCC because I know that every wkend I sure get to play as they had 3-4 flights on sat.

Also after sometimes, you'll sick of the food in the cafe as well, everytime I played there, after game all go out to eat. Fav place is the curry fish head in jurong.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-05-29
Age : 55
Location : Somewhere at the golf course

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:05 pm

enwee wrote:
Angchug wrote:
enwee wrote:
Honestly if u calculate like this, then there's only club worth joining. SICC. Not only they have 4 x18 holes, 2 clubs house, located in the middle of singapore also their recipocals are the best around.

Btw pls be reminded that all the local golf courses are on lease hold land. Most of the left around 15 years only not only SICC, RCC or Keppel, if I'm not wrong it's all. So what happened if the least is up? Club had to renew least from government, so if the club sinking fund is not enough, all members had to top up. So these are charges that are unstated. I'm sure people around here read abt SICC case in newspaper. RCC recently spend a huge sum of money to renovate the changing room and shower area. So there was a huge power struggle in the last AGM.
OK! you win NSRCC is the BEST and CHEAPEST club in sg.

As I mention before it may not be the cheapest but it's not everyone can afford 40K upfront. NSRCC is a good starting point for most people. Mind you, I played quite a lot in RCC, it's like a 2nd home ground for me as well, because I know many members of RCC. In fact if you play 2x or less in a month, u might as well play as guest especially on tues where they got promotion, this is what all the members told me. Actually a lot of members also ask me to buy RCC because I know that every wkend I sure get to play as they had 3-4 flights on sat.

Also after sometimes, you'll sick of the food in the cafe as well, everytime I played there, after game all go out to eat. Fav place is the curry fish head in jurong.

Here is my personal experience. I started golfing 10 years ago and everyone ask me to join NSRCC. I play average of 12-20 games per month. My average monthly bill was $600. Over the 10 years it's close to 100k. However if I had joined a private club 10 years ago, even If I sell it today. My total spending will be less then 40k. NSRCC might be the best, cheapest and serve the best food for you but NOT for me and thousands others very unhappy members.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Angchug wrote:
enwee wrote:
Angchug wrote:
enwee wrote:
Honestly if u calculate like this, then there's only club worth joining. SICC. Not only they have 4 x18 holes, 2 clubs house, located in the middle of singapore also their recipocals are the best around.

Btw pls be reminded that all the local golf courses are on lease hold land. Most of the left around 15 years only not only SICC, RCC or Keppel, if I'm not wrong it's all. So what happened if the least is up? Club had to renew least from government, so if the club sinking fund is not enough, all members had to top up. So these are charges that are unstated. I'm sure people around here read abt SICC case in newspaper. RCC recently spend a huge sum of money to renovate the changing room and shower area. So there was a huge power struggle in the last AGM.
OK! you win NSRCC is the BEST and CHEAPEST club in sg.

As I mention before it may not be the cheapest but it's not everyone can afford 40K upfront. NSRCC is a good starting point for most people. Mind you, I played quite a lot in RCC, it's like a 2nd home ground for me as well, because I know many members of RCC. In fact if you play 2x or less in a month, u might as well play as guest especially on tues where they got promotion, this is what all the members told me. Actually a lot of members also ask me to buy RCC because I know that every wkend I sure get to play as they had 3-4 flights on sat.

Also after sometimes, you'll sick of the food in the cafe as well, everytime I played there, after game all go out to eat. Fav place is the curry fish head in jurong.

Here is my personal experience. I started golfing 10 years ago and everyone ask me to join NSRCC. I play average of 12-20 games per month. My average monthly bill was $600. Over the 10 years it's close to 100k. However if I had joined a private club 10 years ago, even If I sell it today. My total spending will be less then 40k. NSRCC might be the best, cheapest and serve the best food for you but NOT for me and thousands others very unhappy members.

As I said before, it may not be the cheapest but it's a good starting point. 10 years ago, RCC was 80k maybe back then you only can pay 40-60K up front, now you rich liao, can afford 40K w/o blinking an eye, but many like me, still think it's quite a huge some I do know peopel who paid 80-90K for RCC back then. Also u no need to be so sacastic over it. Btw if you sell RCC now, u surely know u get to deduct of the transfer fee as well. As for food it's personal, maybe new ok...but we'll see in times to come. Also I think someone mention before it's totally depending on your kakis. I do see in years to come if I can afford, I maybe would buy RCC as well because too many kakis there.

Btw the chinese restaurant sucks.....so is jumbo.

Anyway it's already OOT, sorry to TS abt it.....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm

got money got time - buy all the clubs

got money no time - time to relac a bit

no money got time - go mysia play better

no money no time - buy golf clubs ff

got money got time got kaki - u the bestest

got money got time no kaki - look for ASS team

got money no time got kaki - your name is robert

no money no time no kaki - sucks to be u

no money got time no kaki - go find mloy

no money got time got kaki - try nsrcc 1st....




everybody has their own budget..... find one that suits u best

i think most got car loan home loan whatever loan..... find that balance

long term wise, nsrcc may not be the cheapest.... but at entry level its the best

when u forged a good career in life, u will have more purchasing power....

jmho
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 pm

slinger wrote:
got money got time - buy all the clubs

got money no time - time to relac a bit

no money got time - go mysia play better

no money no time - buy golf clubs ff

got money got time got kaki - u the bestest

got money got time no kaki - look for ASS team

got money no time got kaki - your name is robert

no money no time no kaki - sucks to be u

no money got time no kaki - go find mloy

no money got time got kaki - try nsrcc 1st....




everybody has their own budget..... find one that suits u best

i think most got car loan home loan whatever loan..... find that balance

long term wise, nsrcc may not be the cheapest.... but at entry level its the best

when u forged a good career in life, u will have more purchasing power....

jmho
agree...but I heard of one of kakis in RCC someone in their group got 6-7 clubs in singapore.....faint... Stretcher
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 965
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Would you guys rec for a beginner to start at NSRCC or MBGC? compared both sides for 3-5 year term and at 1 weekday/weekend game per month. Both sides roughly same cost after NSRCC's increase. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 pm

timang84 wrote:
Would you guys rec for a beginner to start at NSRCC or MBGC? compared both sides for 3-5 year term and at 1 weekday/weekend game per month. Both sides roughly same cost after NSRCC's increase. Any suggestions?
Well if abt same price, I would recommend NSRCC, 1st because you get 2 clubs, Kranji and Changi. 1 game per month? that's not so good leh.......i want more, I'm sure many of the kakis here want more too...also u get the pool and gym as well.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 965
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 pm

enwee wrote:
timang84 wrote:
Would you guys rec for a beginner to start at NSRCC or MBGC? compared both sides for 3-5 year term and at 1 weekday/weekend game per month. Both sides roughly same cost after NSRCC's increase. Any suggestions?
Well if abt same price, I would recommend NSRCC, 1st because you get 2 clubs, Kranji and Changi. 1 game per month? that's not so good leh.......i want more, I'm sure many of the kakis here want more too...also u get the pool and gym as well.

Unfortunately, dun have the time to spare man.... pool and gym sounds good!
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1207
Join date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am

slinger wrote:
got money got time - buy all the clubs

got money no time - time to relac a bit

no money got time - go mysia play better

no money no time - buy golf clubs ff

got money got time got kaki - u the bestest

got money got time no kaki - look for ASS team

got money no time got kaki - your name is robert

no money no time no kaki - sucks to be u

no money got time no kaki - go find mloy

no money got time got kaki - try nsrcc 1st....




everybody has their own budget..... find one that suits u best

i think most got car loan home loan whatever loan..... find that balance

long term wise, nsrcc may not be the cheapest.... but at entry level its the best

when u forged a good career in life, u will have more purchasing power....

jmho

bro... no money, no time, no skill--> quit golf??
got money, got time no skill--> play vegas?

cheers
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 am

Dammn....

This thread got me interested in calculating whether NSRCC worth it or not.... so I created an excel spreadsheet to calculate the projections using JCC as a comparison...

Scenario 1:


Assuming that I hold JCC (bought for 60K) for 10 years and incur only the transfer fees loss (12K over 10 years)...

If I was just to play 2 weekend game a MONTH (not week), NSRCC and JCC cost about the same...any games more (be it weekend or weekday games), JCC will be cheaper
(MBGC is cheapest in Singapore if you play only one weekend per month for Singaporeans and about the same as MBGC and JCC when you play 2 weekend games per month)


Scenario 1:


Assuming that I hold JCC for 10 years @ 60K and sold it at 40K (Loss=20K+12K)

If I was just to play 4 weekend game and 3 week day game a month, NSRCC and JCC cost about the same...any games more (be it weekend or weekday games), JCC will be cheaper. MBGC is now way too expensive. Strangely enough, if you play this often, going to malaysia to play at $80 per game also works out to be about the same cost.


SUMMARY


End of the day, when you buy a private club, how much you actually pay is very dependent on the loss/gain in $$$ when you bought/sell the membership... so

if you don't think you will lose $$$ on the membership (just lose transfer fees), and you play more than 2 weekend games a month, go for private club

if you play more than 4 weekend games and 3 weekday games (and can afford to lose 32K), go for a private club

if you play only 2 weekends per month, golf at MBGC if you want to golf locally

if you think you will lose more than 30K in your membership, then NSRCC will be your choice

Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:35 am

Nsrcc is basically like buying a lv bag or watches using credit card installment . Vs paying for the items upfront in full.

Thus

Nsrcc charges more in the long run but creates the opportunity for people who can't afford the luxury of a golf membership.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:38 am

And honestly I think if you have to worry and calculate so much just to play golf..

Maybe it a better choice that you should work harder and play less golf Smile

Because I've come to realize tht a lot of Singaporeans like to do/buy things they can't really afford
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 965
Join date : 2011-11-05
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
And honestly I think if you have to worry and calculate so much just to play golf..

Maybe it a better choice that you should work harder and play less golf Smile

Because I've come to realize tht a lot of Singaporeans like to do/buy things they can't really afford

I think it's more about being prudent with what you have and how you use your resources to give you maximum value. if you have that thinking even after you have gotten up in life, who knows you may be wealthier, not because you earned alot but you knew how to use it wisely to benefit yourself the most.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Quote :
Bangla123 wrote:
And honestly I think if you have to worry and calculate so much just to play golf..

Maybe it a better choice that you should work harder and play less golf Smile

Because I've come to realize tht a lot of Singaporeans like to do/buy things they can't really afford



Thanks Bangla....I am one adopter of your recommendation......I try to work my game off the course and range....and play less....

Nett.....I do save a lot as compared to some of my golfing peers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WHat does NSRCC membership include?   Today at 7:59 pm

Back to top Go down
 
WHat does NSRCC membership include?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» NSRCC Membership Booking
» NSRCC ordinary membership...pls advise
» membership
» NSRCC membership - Able to work out a special offer?
» NSRCC term membership for ladies?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Local Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.