Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Putters and putter shaft lengths~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : Sunny Singapore

PostSubject: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Just wondering,what type of putters do you guys use? Blade/Mallet?

Also,what's the length of your putter shaft?


I'm using a TaylorMade Classic Rossa Daytona 6 Putter (34"),but i personally feel weird when taking my stance with the putter.


Feel like it's too short,cost me quite a few bad putts Mad

Cheers! Beer
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Zen ZOM with 46".

I look weird with it.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Zen ZOM with 46".

I look weird with it.

Its not because of the putter.
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:17 pm

I had same problem.. I'm standing 1.86m tall.. Bought a TM Est79 33" ($79.. cheap mah!) putter from GD.. Look like 100 year old man putting. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I changed a 36" shaft.. feels much better now. But shaft and grip cost more den my GD putter!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : Sunny Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Bro, I'm at the same height as you Beer ..where did you get your shaft changed and how much was the total? I was considering changing,but scared will cost alot Shocked
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Kyle wrote:
Bro, I'm at the same height as you Beer ..where did you get your shaft changed and how much was the total? I was considering changing,but scared will cost alot Shocked

Bro.. I changed mine at Sigma Golf.. I picked a mid range shaft and grip, if memory serves me right, abt $130.. there r other more economical shafts.. go there check them out!
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : Sunny Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:42 pm

siaokao wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Bro, I'm at the same height as you Beer ..where did you get your shaft changed and how much was the total? I was considering changing,but scared will cost alot Shocked

Bro.. I changed mine at Sigma Golf.. I picked a mid range shaft and grip, if memory serves me right, abt $130.. there r other more economical shafts.. go there check them out!


I see,ya,planning to check the shop out soon...but after changing shaft,how's your putting,much better?
Cause i keep missing those birdie/par putts thanks to my putter Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Kyle wrote:
siaokao wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Bro, I'm at the same height as you Beer ..where did you get your shaft changed and how much was the total? I was considering changing,but scared will cost alot Shocked

Bro.. I changed mine at Sigma Golf.. I picked a mid range shaft and grip, if memory serves me right, abt $130.. there r other more economical shafts.. go there check them out!


I see,ya,planning to check the shop out soon...but after changing shaft,how's your putting,much better?
Cause i keep missing those birdie/par putts thanks to my putter Evil or Very Mad

Yup.. that cheap putter actually feels pretty good after the shaft change.. and they not only change my putter shaft.. they change how I grip and swing too! So.. my putting dun improve also cannot lah.. tongue

Btw, on FB, I see they are having a putter clearance sale.. http://www.facebook.com/SigmaGolfStudio All those TM ghost putter heads.. $79!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : Sunny Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 pm

I saw it too Shocked

$79 bucks for Ghost Putter = Super good,(but i just bought my current one for $140 last year Crying or Very sad


I'm very tempted to buy ah...but not much use for me,cause i still like my current TM putter a lot..it's only the shaft that's annoying the shit out of me.

but the pic only shows the head ,no shaft attached, unless you buy then he gonna do fitting for you? can't be right?

Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Im also using the same rossa kai ma monaco. 1.86m tall. I think this series, the shaft is shorter than normal. I am using a 35" shaft and it feels more like 34 1/2".

36" seems a little over kill, but to each its own.
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm sure those $79 are just heads.. I hope they dun mean shaft included!!! *bang wall*

Waltzy, you r right. When I was there with my org TM putter.. I remembered it measured full 1" shorter den what was stated.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 464
Join date : 2011-06-05
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Bro SK, welcome back from your asylum.. haha.

Remember to look for me when you selling your PX5.5 yah...
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : Sunny Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

siaokao wrote:
I'm sure those $79 are just heads.. I hope they dun mean shaft included!!! *bang wall*

Waltzy, you r right. When I was there with my org TM putter.. I remembered it measured full 1" shorter den what was stated.


If got shaft included, *bangs wall*

you're putter measured 1" shorter ...so..my 34" might actually be a 33" affraid ?!

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Ever since I switch to 33" putter I'm so happy with it....play much better and comfortable
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm

I am very concern of mentioning any improvement becos of my improved putting as the after effect can be quite painful.

As such, my putter length is not ideal it has coz me to putt awfully against my high unrealistic expectation.
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
Bro SK, welcome back from your asylum.. haha.

Remember to look for me when you selling your PX5.5 yah...

Yoz bro.. I'm not out of asylum yet.. just got some time off.. after this post.. need to report back again.. tongue

Sure man.. just hope I can out drive my PX5.5 soon.. will keep u informed.

As for your putter.. I've blown my budget this mth on a new toy.. (see below) So I'm too broke to buy other things.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-18
Location : Sunny Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm

I got my putter extended to 35.5"..Felt 101% more comfortable and my putting improved,no more off line putts! Cheers Jump

Sweet~ Swing


CHEERS!~ Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Putters and putter shaft lengths~   Today at 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Putters and putter shaft lengths~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Putter shaft length.
» GPX 4000 3 piece shafts,shaft lengths.{detectors}
» Nike Ignite Iron stock steel shaft?
» Stimp Meter Putter Shaft
» Putter to buy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.