Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Not another "which club should I join" thread....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 39
Location : east

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 pm

go to a few club brokers (through internet, or via classifieds) tell them you are a wtb: x country club. They will tell you last transacted price, and price y for immediate delivery now. You can then just tell them I am willing to pay (y-1,000) ready to deal immediately, give your contact and wait. Not saying this is a commong practice, but based on my personal bearish eco outlook, I reckon I stand a good chance.
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 145
Join date : 2011-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm

I was shopping around for a club too and bought RCC over Keppel.

You need to consider where your kahkees are located also.

You buy a club but no kahkees also sian. I bought RCC because got people who will regularly do the booking for me. 2 courses also means I have high chance to get a slot during weekend.

I've played Sentosa and RCC. The newly renovated clubhouse at RCC triumphs Sentosa. Shower facilities are damn shiok at RCC.
Back to top Go down
slazenger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:15 am

blong wrote:
go to a few club brokers (through internet, or via classifieds) tell them you are a wtb: x country club. They will tell you last transacted price, and price y for immediate delivery now. You can then just tell them I am willing to pay (y-1,000) ready to deal immediately, give your contact and wait. Not saying this is a commong practice, but based on my personal bearish eco outlook, I reckon I stand a good chance.

Thanks!
didn't realise that is another way to do it!

much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

the chart didn't indicate the price for wkday / wkend. ...
Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:40 pm

enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
From my knowledge, their currently sitting on a piece of land still got 10+ years least. Very likely will shift to a new location base on current property mkt but to where no one know yet. Current members will need to top up to get new club in a new location.
Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:05 am

enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
From my knowledge, their currently sitting on a piece of land still got 10+ years least. Very likely will shift to a new location base on current property mkt but to where no one know yet. Current members will need to top up to get new club in a new location.
Haha.. It still doesn't make sense for anyone to sell the membership at 20k but will only get back about 8k because of the transfer fees.. Members will only sell their membership when it appreciates way beyond the transfer fee to be able to break even?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 am

pippin wrote:
then it will be one of those successful threads Smile


u mean other threads not successful? How do u define success in a thread? Questions answered? Or you get an answer acceptable to u?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:50 am

and NBz to Sworn Enemy! I will crush u tomorrow.


BTW.. if TigaWood formerly known as SeeBayHo joining?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 am

Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
From my knowledge, their currently sitting on a piece of land still got 10+ years least. Very likely will shift to a new location base on current property mkt but to where no one know yet. Current members will need to top up to get new club in a new location.
Haha.. It still doesn't make sense for anyone to sell the membership at 20k but will only get back about 8k because of the transfer fees.. Members will only sell their membership when it appreciates way beyond the transfer fee to be able to break even?

The price is dictated by market forces... currently market rate is between 20-22k for keppel regardless what the transfer fees.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am

there is a holding cost, i.e. monthly subscription, to any club membership

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 am

Buy where you have friends who play. While you can make friends in a new course, it is more tedious and not always easy.

Having a course (paying for the fees and monthly subs) while not playing with golfing mates ultimately is an unfortunate investment.

I've been reminded time and time again, don't buy for investment. Buy to play. Buy to have fun. If you can get all of that together (investment, play and fun), good for you Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:55 am

Technospaz wrote:
Buy where you have friends who play. While you can make friends in a new course, it is more tedious and not always easy.

Having a course (paying for the fees and monthly subs) while not playing with golfing mates ultimately is an unfortunate investment.

I've been reminded time and time again, don't buy for investment. Buy to play. Buy to have fun. If you can get all of that together (investment, play and fun), good for you Smile

TS, you still undecided?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am

blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Buy where you have friends who play. While you can make friends in a new course, it is more tedious and not always easy.

Having a course (paying for the fees and monthly subs) while not playing with golfing mates ultimately is an unfortunate investment.

I've been reminded time and time again, don't buy for investment. Buy to play. Buy to have fun. If you can get all of that together (investment, play and fun), good for you Smile

TS, you still undecided?

Decided, but I keep losing money on the course so my "Buy-A-Club-Membership Fund" has been decreasing rapidly.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 am

Technospaz wrote:
blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Buy where you have friends who play. While you can make friends in a new course, it is more tedious and not always easy.

Having a course (paying for the fees and monthly subs) while not playing with golfing mates ultimately is an unfortunate investment.

I've been reminded time and time again, don't buy for investment. Buy to play. Buy to have fun. If you can get all of that together (investment, play and fun), good for you Smile

TS, you still undecided?

Decided, but I keep losing money on the course so my "Buy-A-Club-Membership Fund" has been decreasing rapidly.

I strongly suggest that you play in different flights and no X betting... Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 am

Technospaz wrote:
blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Buy where you have friends who play. While you can make friends in a new course, it is more tedious and not always easy.

Having a course (paying for the fees and monthly subs) while not playing with golfing mates ultimately is an unfortunate investment.

I've been reminded time and time again, don't buy for investment. Buy to play. Buy to have fun. If you can get all of that together (investment, play and fun), good for you Smile

TS, you still undecided?

Decided, but I keep losing money on the course so my "Buy-A-Club-Membership Fund" has been decreasing rapidly.


i am willing to be your punching bag on the golf course.....

u buy "where"...... i buy "where"
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 am

slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Buy where you have friends who play. While you can make friends in a new course, it is more tedious and not always easy.

Having a course (paying for the fees and monthly subs) while not playing with golfing mates ultimately is an unfortunate investment.

I've been reminded time and time again, don't buy for investment. Buy to play. Buy to have fun. If you can get all of that together (investment, play and fun), good for you Smile

TS, you still undecided?

Decided, but I keep losing money on the course so my "Buy-A-Club-Membership Fund" has been decreasing rapidly.


i am willing to be your punching bag on the golf course.....

u buy "where"...... i buy "where"

chun bo.... you buy there... i think i need to sell there... if not, lose too much money... .no money to buy milk powder... What a Face
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:26 pm

slinger wrote:
u buy "where"...... i buy "where"

y u noooooooo buy keppel?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:43 pm

blong wrote:
go to a few club brokers (through internet, or via classifieds) tell them you are a wtb: x country club. They will tell you last transacted price, and price y for immediate delivery now. You can then just tell them I am willing to pay (y-1,000) ready to deal immediately, give your contact and wait. Not saying this is a commong practice, but based on my personal bearish eco outlook, I reckon I stand a good chance.

So mate..

Are you a good member of Keppel Club already ??

Or you bought tmcc ?? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Begbie wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
From my knowledge, their currently sitting on a piece of land still got 10+ years least. Very likely will shift to a new location base on current property mkt but to where no one know yet. Current members will need to top up to get new club in a new location.
Haha.. It still doesn't make sense for anyone to sell the membership at 20k but will only get back about 8k because of the transfer fees.. Members will only sell their membership when it appreciates way beyond the transfer fee to be able to break even?

The price is dictated by market forces... currently market rate is between 20-22k for keppel regardless what the transfer fees.
If you sell it at 22k now, how much will you be getting back?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Beckhen wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
From my knowledge, their currently sitting on a piece of land still got 10+ years least. Very likely will shift to a new location base on current property mkt but to where no one know yet. Current members will need to top up to get new club in a new location.
Haha.. It still doesn't make sense for anyone to sell the membership at 20k but will only get back about 8k because of the transfer fees.. Members will only sell their membership when it appreciates way beyond the transfer fee to be able to break even?

The price is dictated by market forces... currently market rate is between 20-22k for keppel regardless what the transfer fees.
If you sell it at 22k now, how much will you be getting back?

if u thinking of using ur dough for investment,.get urself a property not cc membership.

fyi at its peak keppel transacted at >50k. u reckon those guys who bought then will get back their capital ? like many hv said before if u wanna get a cc membership its mainly for the priviledge and of cuz fun... the return of investment ? they are actually ur kakis
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Begbie wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
enwee wrote:
Beckhen wrote:
Hi GR bros and sis, let's say if you sell your keppel membership at $20k now, do you get back $20k or minus $12k on the transfer fee?
U need to deduct the transfer fee and after that that's the amount u get back.
I see, thanks bro for the clarification. So it's not very wise to get keppel from an investment point of view especially when we're not very clear about their future plan.
From my knowledge, their currently sitting on a piece of land still got 10+ years least. Very likely will shift to a new location base on current property mkt but to where no one know yet. Current members will need to top up to get new club in a new location.
Haha.. It still doesn't make sense for anyone to sell the membership at 20k but will only get back about 8k because of the transfer fees.. Members will only sell their membership when it appreciates way beyond the transfer fee to be able to break even?

The price is dictated by market forces... currently market rate is between 20-22k for keppel regardless what the transfer fees.
If you sell it at 22k now, how much will you be getting back?

if u thinking of using ur dough for investment,.get urself a property not cc membership.

fyi at its peak keppel transacted at >50k. u reckon those guys who bought then will get back their capital ? like many hv said before if u wanna get a cc membership its mainly for the priviledge and of cuz fun... the return of investment ? they are actually ur kakis

Totally agreed !! return of investment = kakis = Muah Chee
Back to top Go down
Beckhen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 am

Haha I got your point! Thanks for all the replies. Can't wait to dig some soil at the 'most challenging course' in Singapore. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Not another "which club should I join" thread....   Today at 9:47 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Not another "which club should I join" thread....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Which country club will you buy?
» Which JB club should I join?
» Which club in Johor should I join?
» Edinburgh Golfer Looking for Club to Join!
» Seletar country club range

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.