Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My golfing adventures in Vietnam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:21 pm

managed to squeeze in a round golf this morning. Friend just bought a Ping i20
3 wood on project x. It looked so sexy. and the sound on impact just gave you that chill that runs down your spine.

Finger itchy so tried it for a 1 hole. BAD MISTAKE!!!!!!!

Used it to tee off on a short par4. Drove it 210 yds. Orgasmic!!!! Seeing the ball flight and the dispertion, DOUBLE ORGASMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At address it just looked so nice. Small compact head. And very little off set. Really bad mistake. Now looking to find a way to buy one.......

Back to top Go down
fulloption
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 70
Join date : 2010-12-15
Location : Holland V

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Bros

Am flying to HCM in mid Oct. Anyone got contact to arrange for golf games I.e arrange green and transfer pick up? Staying 4days 3 nights so looking at 3 rounds. 4 golfers.. Any recommendation for stay? Tks in advance...
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Winston, I'm headed your way next month Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:51 pm

bro winston, how's the weather in ho chi minh in jan? thinking of heading up there in early jan for a few games
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Bro,

I just arrive in HCM and the raining season already started. Raining in HCM is like Singapore, rain daily but stop in couple of hours.

I understand Jan is spring rain. It shall not be as heavy as it the month of Nov and Dec but it is still raining season.

I stand to be corrected by Winston
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:06 am

JUst recently received a golf bag that was massed ordered by a group of golfers, myself included based in HCMC.

Managed to locate the OEM manufacturer and gave him our requirements and the following pics shows the bag.......



Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 am







Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 am





Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 am

Cart Size. paid about SGD$180 for the bag. Alot of pockets, 6 slots for clubs. The only reason it was quite expensive is because it was considered as imported product even though it was manufactured in Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
maryet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 111
Join date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:57 am

Nice bag, bro. something new for CNY although I must add that I spent more time checking out your refreshed avatar. Happy New Year. Hope to be in touch the next time I'm in HCM.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 am

Nice..........
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Avatar!


Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

maryet wrote:
Nice bag, bro. something new for CNY although I must add that I spent more time checking out your refreshed avatar. Happy New Year. Hope to be in touch the next time I'm in HCM.

The qulity of the pic not so good because taken with my phone..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm

asahi wrote:
Nice..........
.
.
Avatar!



+1
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh Yeah.....

If any of you peeps are interested in coming up to Vietnam for Golf. Mostly in central and south let me know, I can pass you the contacts I have to book games & transport. I can personally help to book hotels if needed.

PS: In no way am I doing this as a business. Just doing this as a favour to the forum..
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Oh yeah... the driving range I regularly go to has employed a Korean lady instructor. She is 6 ft tall. Just nice for Asahi....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 am

Winston wrote:
Oh yeah... the driving range I regularly go to has employed a Korean lady instructor. She is 6 ft tall. Just nice for Asahi....

Winston, got picture of her ?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 am

Winston wrote:
Oh Yeah.....

If any of you peeps are interested in coming up to Vietnam for Golf. Mostly in central and south let me know, I can pass you the contacts I have to book games & transport. I can personally help to book hotels if needed.

PS: In no way am I doing this as a business. Just doing this as a favour to the forum..

Yup! Winston is a very nice And sincere chap in helping out GR folks here.
Had a great time on both occasions I was there.
With his extensive local knowledge on all the lobangs (figuratively....dun read too much into it) and food, he'd be the right person to host you.

Speaking of which, been 2 years since I went back HCM.
Maybe gotta plan for one.....

P.S damn Winston, stop showing such avatars hah!

Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Winston wrote:
Oh yeah... the driving range I regularly go to has employed a Korean lady instructor. She is 6 ft tall. Just nice for Asahi....

Winston, got picture of her ?

eeeerrrr...You sponsor me a lesson with her and I take her pic for you??? might even be able to vidoe her... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 pm

asahi wrote:
Winston wrote:
Oh Yeah.....

If any of you peeps are interested in coming up to Vietnam for Golf. Mostly in central and south let me know, I can pass you the contacts I have to book games & transport. I can personally help to book hotels if needed.

PS: In no way am I doing this as a business. Just doing this as a favour to the forum..

Yup! Winston is a very nice And sincere chap in helping out GR folks here.
Had a great time on both occasions I was there.
With his extensive local knowledge on all the lobangs (figuratively....dun read too much into it) and food, he'd be the right person to host you.

Speaking of which, been 2 years since I went back HCM.
Maybe gotta plan for one.....

P.S damn Winston, stop showing such avatars hah!


Wah....for your benefit leh......
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 pm

asahi wrote:
Winston wrote:
Oh Yeah.....

If any of you peeps are interested in coming up to Vietnam for Golf. Mostly in central and south let me know, I can pass you the contacts I have to book games & transport. I can personally help to book hotels if needed.

PS: In no way am I doing this as a business. Just doing this as a favour to the forum..

Yup! Winston is a very nice And sincere chap in helping out GR folks here.
Had a great time on both occasions I was there.
With his extensive local knowledge on all the lobangs (figuratively....dun read too much into it) and food, he'd be the right person to host you.

Speaking of which, been 2 years since I went back HCM.
Maybe gotta plan for one.....

P.S damn Winston, stop showing such avatars hah!


B.. please keep me informed of your plan to travel up for golf lessons.... Laughing

Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 141
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 37
Location : Raffles CC, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Has anyone played at Da Nang GC??

Feedback would be nice as we are currently providing tours and tuition at our new Academy of Golf based there at the club.

Many Thanks
Mattpro
Back to top Go down
http://academyofgolf.com.sg
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Winston wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Winston wrote:
Oh yeah... the driving range I regularly go to has employed a Korean lady instructor. She is 6 ft tall. Just nice for Asahi....

Winston, got picture of her ?

eeeerrrr...You sponsor me a lesson with her and I take her pic for you??? might even be able to vidoe her... Twisted Evil

Hehe, I am sure that can be arrange, 2 persons ( u n me) lesson got discount or not ? Maybe throw in a dinner date too ? albino
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:05 am

mattpro0796 wrote:
Has anyone played at Da Nang GC??

Feedback would be nice as we are currently providing tours and tuition

at our new Academy of Golf based there at the club.

Many Thanks
Mattpro

I play regularly in danang both montgomerie and danang but based on your remarks about me posting flipant comments and affecting your business, i will keep my comments to myself even though this is my thread
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 141
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 37
Location : Raffles CC, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks!! NJ
Back to top Go down
http://academyofgolf.com.sg
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-05-18

PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 am

Winston wrote:
mattpro0796 wrote:
Has anyone played at Da Nang GC??

Feedback would be nice as we are currently providing tours and tuition

at our new Academy of Golf based there at the club.

Many Thanks
Mattpro

I play regularly in danang both montgomerie and danang but based on your remarks about me posting flipant comments and affecting your business, i will keep my comments to myself even though this is my thread

+10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My golfing adventures in Vietnam   Today at 6:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
My golfing adventures in Vietnam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» My golfing adventures in Vietnam
» Golfing Adventures in Perth
» The golfing machine
» Info on golfing in Langkawi
» Happy Golfing in 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Overseas Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.