Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am

Best Investment: 20 lessons with my coach, Brad Walterhouse (aka PunkrockPGA) spread out over 2 years

Best Decision: To pick up this wonderful game

Best Purchase(s): The best is yet to come! But I've got a lot of fav purchases, listed below:

1) 2nd Hand TM R7 CGB Max Driver
2) Tourstage VIQ Hybrids with NSPro 850 shaft - 25 Deg and 28 Deg
3) Miura 56 Deg Wedge
4) TM XR08 19 Deg Hybrid
5) All my FJ shoes
6) Zero Friction Tees

Worst Purchases:

1) GIGA Driver (BY FAR THE WORST ... also because I completely overpaid for it)
2) Nike VR Tour Driver
3) Titleist 15 Deg Hybrid
4) Hosen 15 Deg Hybrid


_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:57 am

Best purchase this year - Taylormade TP RAC MB Forged Iron.

Now, still looking for extra set with better condition.

Thx; one of the very creative discussions!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2411
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:08 am

mowen wrote:
seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
Keppel club membership . Can play with my good pal MC everyday when we retire together .

Can you put me in your Pal list? so that we can bet.......of course you must give me strokes.



Bet confirm can but not too big

Give strokes ??? I remember reading one thread you mention u are a single handicapper ... how to give strokes ??


That is due to non submission of scorecards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1399
Join date : 2009-07-27
Location : Jurong

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:44 am

Best Purchase: Has to be the FG62's. The decision to switched to blades as lowered my score and given me much confidence in my iron play

Best Investment: the coaching package I picked up at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club. Those hours on a weekend at the chipping area has been priceless.

Best decision: to pursue golf seriously in UAE four years ago. Now after 120 games, I have appreciated and understand the game at a different level. Golf has never looked more interesting
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:54 am

best purchase.
1. ball marker attached to putter grip hole. no need to dig for pocket.

best decision.
1. not to buy nsrcc. so not worth it.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:58 am

Begbie wrote:
best purchase.
1. ball marker attached to putter grip hole. no need to dig for pocket.

best decision.
1. not to buy nsrcc. so not worth it.

Bro, we are still waiting for you to buy the other club hor... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NovicePlayer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 am

Burner Superfast 3 wood. been hitting consistently now.. helps on Par5..
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:48 am

blee wrote:
Begbie wrote:
best purchase.
1. ball marker attached to putter grip hole. no need to dig for pocket.

best decision.
1. not to buy nsrcc. so not worth it.

Bro, we are still waiting for you to buy the other club hor... Very Happy

no money liao lost all in buayeeocc stock exchange.

Before i forget....

Worst Decision.
1. Play with Mloy. My new name is now Robbert Leow.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:54 am

Begbie wrote:
blee wrote:
Begbie wrote:
best purchase.
1. ball marker attached to putter grip hole. no need to dig for pocket.

best decision.
1. not to buy nsrcc. so not worth it.

Bro, we are still waiting for you to buy the other club hor... Very Happy

no money liao lost all in buayeeocc stock exchange.

Before i forget....

Worst Decision.
1. Play with Mloy. My new name is now Robbert Leow.

Erm, i recall you make some comments yesterday hor.. or you upgrading to buy Sentosa? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 41
Location : Reading Green

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 am

My best buy this year is:R11 match with Tour AD Di shaft
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:08 am

seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
Keppel club membership . Can play with my good pal MC everyday when we retire together .

Can you put me in your Pal list? so that we can bet.......of course you must give me strokes.



Bet confirm can but not too big

Give strokes ??? I remember reading one thread you mention u are a single handicapper ... how to give strokes ??


That is due to non submission of scorecards.

Shit .. u found out my way of being a single handicapper too ... wah leow .. pichar lobang
Back to top Go down
dpdpdp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:10 am

best investment so far is my golf lessons! Start right, play right! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

Best purchase:
My next purchase will be the best

Worst purchase:
Everything i bought so far

Best golf decision:
To start playing golf

Worst golf decision:
To continue playing golf

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
Best purchase:
My next purchase will be the best

Worst purchase:
Everything i bought so far

Best golf decision:
To start playing golf

Worst golf decision:
To continue playing golf

Wah...this I like...but the 1st one always true.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

Best purchase for this year: Callaway Razr Fit with Fubuki K 60R
Reason: Made me stop looking at new drivers.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

LousyGolfer wrote:
Best purchase:
My next purchase will be the best

Worst purchase:
Everything i bought so far

Best golf decision:
To start playing golf

Worst golf decision:
To continue playing golf


ur freaking funny !!!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Best 'golf' purchase so far; 1 x Thai Airway tix to Thailand in Feb.
Beer
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm

asahi wrote:
Best 'golf' purchase so far; 1 x Thai Airway tix to Thailand in Feb.
Beer


cannot be lah....

tot its the good luck charm for that somebody.....




how come u never buy for us as well......
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:16 pm

mowen wrote:
seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
Keppel club membership . Can play with my good pal MC everyday when we retire together .

Can you put me in your Pal list? so that we can bet.......of course you must give me strokes.



Bet confirm can but not too big

Give strokes ??? I remember reading one thread you mention u are a single handicapper ... how to give strokes ??


That is due to non submission of scorecards.

Shit .. u found out my way of being a single handicapper too ... wah leow .. pichar lobang

i tot you said you wanna jio slinger to buy keppel so that you can play together?
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:46 pm

zhenxua wrote:
mowen wrote:
seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
seebayho wrote:
mowen wrote:
Keppel club membership . Can play with my good pal MC everyday when we retire together .

Can you put me in your Pal list? so that we can bet.......of course you must give me strokes.



Bet confirm can but not too big

Give strokes ??? I remember reading one thread you mention u are a single handicapper ... how to give strokes ??


That is due to non submission of scorecards.

Shit .. u found out my way of being a single handicapper too ... wah leow .. pichar lobang

i tot you said you wanna jio slinger to buy keppel so that you can play together?

I don't remember having this kind of conversation with you just now ??

All u told me is you want to arrange a game with slinger with me and you will sms me at 2am on game day ....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:23 pm

me again.

mowen, i lurve u too... its nice to know that i am contributing $20(s) to your wedding... but my $20(s) also came from swim coach.
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 149
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:27 pm

seebayho wrote:


My best investment so far is a golf training package I had last month.
I finally understood the meaning of of using the torso and hitting down!
Impact is more solid and distance has improved a bit.



Can share more about this?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2411
Join date : 2009-11-29
Location : www.HuatLeow.com

PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 pm

matoonia wrote:
seebayho wrote:


My best investment so far is a golf training package I had last month.
I finally understood the meaning of of using the torso and hitting down!
Impact is more solid and distance has improved a bit.



Can share more about this?





Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?   Today at 6:46 pm

Back to top Go down
 
What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» What's you best golf's purchase/investment/decision so far?
» The one flex for all shaft
» Replace/repair golf hood
» Buying Golf Clubs in Singapore
» OOB GOlf

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.