Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Gigagolf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brendanm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi
I'm looking to purchase my first set of golf clubs. Cost is an issue for me. I found a company in the US that makes clones and they appear to get good reviews. The web site is gigagolf.com
Is anyone familiar with this company and their clubs?
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 600
Join date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Brendanm wrote:
Hi
I'm looking to purchase my first set of golf clubs. Cost is an issue for me. I found a company in the US that makes clones and they appear to get good reviews. The web site is gigagolf.com
Is anyone familiar with this company and their clubs?


Why buy imitation/clone golf club where you can buy good used club at affordable price?
There are 2 sales coming this week, go browse and compare.

Just my 0.001 cents worth of opinion.

Back to top Go down
Online
Brendanm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Just saw that there is a sale at ISETAN and the WOS golf sale starting on Friday.
Problem is I don't actually know what to buy. How many clubs, steel or graphite shaft etc.
Would probably go to the sale and be sold something that I don't need or want by a salesman taking advantage of my lack of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : Serangoon

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Golf sales people are meanies. Anyway try those beginner sets with the whole set!
Back to top Go down
Brendanm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:09 pm

If I purchase from gigagolf, I could get a set of irons with steel shaft, 1 hybrid with graphite shaft, 1 driver with graphite shaft and putter delivered to Singapore for just over $300.
Now that could be a wonderful set for a great price or it could be a complete disaster.
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : Serangoon

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Search online for reviews at least..
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 364
Join date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Brendanm wrote:
If I purchase from gigagolf, I could get a set of irons with steel shaft, 1 hybrid with graphite shaft, 1 driver with graphite shaft and putter delivered to Singapore for just over $300.
Now that could be a wonderful set for a great price or it could be a complete disaster.

You can get a complete beginner set within your $300 budget locally.

Check up FESS or Golf Direct branches.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 600
Join date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 pm

What will be your requirement and how long you have been playing? If you have no idea what to get, ask your coach or friend or senior here.

Suggestion: If just started, Isetan sale got this beginner set - Gosen full set (driver, 3 & 5 wood, iron set + Putter) and stand bag at 299.
Back to top Go down
Online
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Brendanm wrote:
If I purchase from gigagolf, I could get a set of irons with steel shaft, 1 hybrid with graphite shaft, 1 driver with graphite shaft and putter delivered to Singapore for just over $300.
Now that could be a wonderful set for a great price or it could be a complete disaster.

You get what u pay for and nothing more.. everything has its price... a clone rolex remains but a clone..
Back to top Go down
Charlietks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 144
Join date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:34 pm

2nd hand.. for beginner gears.


Low Side High Side
irons set $150 $200
bag $60 $80
driver $60 $80
Hybrid $40 $60
Total $310 $420

not forgetting, ur missing all the fun buying, testing and selling gears..
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 600
Join date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:40 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
Brendanm wrote:
If I purchase from gigagolf, I could get a set of irons with steel shaft, 1 hybrid with graphite shaft, 1 driver with graphite shaft and putter delivered to Singapore for just over $300.
Now that could be a wonderful set for a great price or it could be a complete disaster.

You get what u pay for and nothing more.. everything has its price... a clone rolex remains but a clone..

Like what bro jeffman88 quoted, a clone is a clone. If u intend to upgrade in future, how are you going to get rid the clone set? No value also.
Back to top Go down
Online
Brendanm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 pm

I think I will try my luck at the sales later this week.
Does anyone know anything about Cleveland Ta6 irons. Have seen a set of irons offered for around $200.
Anyone going to the WOS or ISETAN sale on Friday? Maybe I could go with someone who knows about clubs and they could help advise me.
Back to top Go down
Charlietks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 144
Join date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 pm

u can read about TA6 on golf review.
i am using a TA5 now.. lol, with my RACs.

Another consideration.
mizuno globalist with bag for... $100..
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Golf-set-sale-free-bag-/300746066400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item4605dcc9e0
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Brendanm wrote:
I think I will try my luck at the sales later this week.
Does anyone know anything about Cleveland Ta6 irons. Have seen a set of irons offered for around $200.
Anyone going to the WOS or ISETAN sale on Friday? Maybe I could go with someone who knows about clubs and they could help advise me.
If I were you, I would go Isetan, chances higher, but you got any budget before asking for advice?
Back to top Go down
Brendanm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Budget is around $200 to $300. I realise that this isn't a lot of money. I can't justify spending a thousand dollars to find out I don't like golf. Doubt that would happen but still I want to learn to crawl before i walk if you get my meaning.
I have seen a member on this forum selling a set of Geomax Bazooka irons with bag. I have never heard of this brand. Will do a google search for reviews but do any of you know anything about this company?
I do appreciate all the advise you a re giving and I apologise if i am asking a lot of dumb questions.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Brendanm wrote:
Budget is around $200 to $300. I realise that this isn't a lot of money. I can't justify spending a thousand dollars to find out I don't like golf. Doubt that would happen but still I want to learn to crawl before i walk if you get my meaning.
I have seen a member on this forum selling a set of Geomax Bazooka irons with bag. I have never heard of this brand. Will do a google search for reviews but do any of you know anything about this company?
I do appreciate all the advise you a re giving and I apologise if i am asking a lot of dumb questions.
Get a reasonable set, I would think around $500-$600 for new, 2nd hand $250-$40. But also depending on the shaft, steel or graphite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gigagolf   Today at 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Gigagolf
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Gigagolf
» golf equipment for left-handed beginner?
» Giga driver/fairway woods

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.