Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Meditation for Golf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Meditation for Golf   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 am

Sometimes it’s better to meditate about your swing off the course than on and actually hitting the ball. This is particularly important when you are in a slump, physically tiered, mentally distracted or have an injury. Think. Sit down, picture a time when you played well and recall what you were doing. Recalling your past successes during actual play helps with visualization. Recall what those good shot looked and felt like. Using the swing of others to help. Thanks to the world of the video age, you can use the swing images of good golfers to help. Watching PGA or LPGA events help. Watch their fluid rhythm and tempo. When I’m preparing for a big tournament or event, I read nothing else but golf, think nothing else but golf, do nothing else but golf. Ben Hogan said,” You can will something to happen with your’ body and mind. The mind is strong. I want to get this one close. The mind has to produce positive thinking. All the great players do it.”

Relax the mind, keep it simple, see the target, see the shot, execute – mentally as well as physically.
Lynn Molhan, Women's Golf Editor

Anyone practising golf meditation? Please share....

Back to top Go down
Meditation for Golf
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1