Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Drivers' angle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi guys, Im really new here and veryvery new to golf...
I've been to a few course in JB and MB in singapore to play golf.
Now, theres something I need you pros to guide me about..im quite a hard hitter of the driver.
I used to use my friend's driver the callaway FTQi 11degrees until i got my own R11 10.5 degrees.
When I was playing with the callaway, I used to drive the ball very high up and it always seemed to lose distance ( i feel ) when it flies too high up. ( my longest drive is about 270m ).
I tuned my R11 to 11 degrees too and it seems to have the same problem..I have the feeling if I tune down the angle of the face I can even drive further than what I am hitting now.
Please advise..thanks!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1830
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : [strike]Tiong Bahru[/strike] Bedok

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 pm

270m? Beginner? Did you get your distance right?
PGA pros average 288 and that's in yards. Smile


Last edited by nrafee on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi bro, welcome to gr.
IMO, if you can hit a 11* driver with very high trajectory 270m, you should be using probably a 8.5* xstiff based on your swing speed to achieve a more penetrating flight plus ample roll. Maybe you can hit further than TW. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Welcome to GR rrcv! Welcome
btw is your 270m a regular affair and finding its way to the fairway?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Wah! Very strong young man!

Welcome! cheers

Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : Serangoon

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 pm

How old are you! HAHA Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:35 pm

rrcy wrote:
Hi guys, Im really new here and veryvery new to golf...
I've been to a few course in JB and MB in singapore to play golf.
Now, theres something I need you pros to guide me about..im quite a hard hitter of the driver.
I used to use my friend's driver the callaway FTQi 11degrees until i got my own R11 10.5 degrees.
When I was playing with the callaway, I used to drive the ball very high up and it always seemed to lose distance ( i feel ) when it flies too high up. ( my longest drive is about 270m ).
I tuned my R11 to 11 degrees too and it seems to have the same problem..I have the feeling if I tune down the angle of the face I can even drive further than what I am hitting now.
Please advise..thanks!

Hi, u ve mentioned tat u re very very new to golf but u ve actually went on courses alr?? Question And u can drives 270m w 11deg loft as a beginner? affraid
Ehm....fr this, i m out of my hands in advicg any as i drives oni 210m. Crying or Very sad
Mayb there s one club-fitter tat can advice u on yr pb. Laughing
Nethertheless, welcome to GR. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 570
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Bro which range u went to drive 270metres?
Back to top Go down
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi bro, thanks for the advise. I might try it when i have the chance to use a driver like that. meanwhile I'll try to further improve my game.
thanks!

DK wrote:
Hi bro, welcome to gr.
IMO, if you can hit a 11* driver with very high trajectory 270m, you should be using probably a 8.5* xstiff based on your swing speed to achieve a more penetrating flight plus ample roll. Maybe you can hit further than TW. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi my furthest till date is 270m. its not my always hitting distance. Plus I do not have any idea how far the others hit. I remember there was this tee shot that was like 250+ measured by the buggy at MB there.
i supposed my usual tee off distance ranges from 210 to ???
oh and yah most of the time im lucky enough to be finding the fairway.

jeffman88 wrote:
Welcome to GR rrcv! Welcome
btw is your 270m a regular affair and finding its way to the fairway?
Back to top Go down
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm

hi Jos, i didn't measure it at the range..it usually on the course. malaysian ones.
range usually I can only hit the back netting...think either the range balls don't really wanna take flight or im just a lousy golfer..

Joshua wrote:
Bro which range u went to drive 270metres?
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 570
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm

rrcy wrote:
hi Jos, i didn't measure it at the range..it usually on the course. malaysian ones.
range usually I can only hit the back netting...think either the range balls don't really wanna take flight or im just a lousy golfer..

Joshua wrote:
Bro which range u went to drive 270metres?


range of cos we only hit the back netting mah.. else what... burst thru the netting or hit over the netting?



Back to top Go down
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 149
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Wah 270m drive really very good. Can hit the back netting is usually more than 200m liao.

I also always hit the netting, but it's the side netting Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 182
Join date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Bro rrcv,

go low on the loft....and/or stiffer on the shaft....by how much???? good to visit a fitter with launch monitors......I wish I can hit long like you and with the element of finding the fairway...However, i will stay down to mother earth and know my boundaries cos I am a weekend golfer...happy golfing cheers
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 570
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:33 pm

matoonia wrote:
Wah 270m drive really very good. Can hit the back netting is usually more than 200m liao.

I also always hit the netting, but it's the side netting Embarassed

hitting the back of the net is not a prob.. it is usual the height one hits the net at mah
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:12 am

rrcy wrote:
... im just a lousy golfer..

Hey Bro @ rrcv.... dun steal my nick hor...

Anyway, if you can drive 210m+ on a regular basis and can hit 270m, then maybe you should stick with your current setup as high trajectory may not be a bad thing, esp when there is tailwind. Changing to a lower loft might help your run, but at the expense of forgiveness.

Very new to golf can already hit 270m... should catch a game wif u soon and maybe see what I can learn Smile More new golfers are hitting 250m+ nowaday...sigh... must be getting old... whack the ball like a crazy man and ball still dun fly far enough.
Back to top Go down
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 am

stickman wrote:
Bro rrcv,

go low on the loft....and/or stiffer on the shaft....by how much???? good to visit a fitter with launch monitors......I wish I can hit long like you and with the element of finding the fairway...However, i will stay down to mother earth and know my boundaries cos I am a weekend golfer...happy golfing cheers

Bro stickman..thanks for the advise! I will tune it down to 9.5 and try it out at the range this sat.
Once again thanks for your valuable advise! you rock! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rrcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 35
Location : Hougang, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:46 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
rrcy wrote:
... im just a lousy golfer..

Hey Bro @ rrcv.... dun steal my nick hor...

Anyway, if you can drive 210m+ on a regular basis and can hit 270m, then maybe you should stick with your current setup as high trajectory may not be a bad thing, esp when there is tailwind. Changing to a lower loft might help your run, but at the expense of forgiveness.

Very new to golf can already hit 270m... should catch a game wif u soon and maybe see what I can learn Smile More new golfers are hitting 250m+ nowaday...sigh... must be getting old... whack the ball like a crazy man and ball still dun fly far enough.

please bro! lets play a game soon! im dying to improve my game from you pros
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 am

rrcy wrote:

please bro! lets play a game soon! im dying to improve my game from you pros

Ha ha... me not pro leh... and hor, play with me will nvr improve one (only will deprove) cos I am one of the laziest golfers out there. Some ppl hate golfing wif me cos too layback alreadi.

Think of grabbing a game on Thurs either at 10.30 MBGC or 12+ at Kranji. U free???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Drivers' angle   Today at 6:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
Drivers' angle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Drivers' angle
» Same plane angle for driver and iron swing?
» F2 DRIVERS GAME - NORTHAMPTON - ROUND 25 - *SATURDAY*
» Slow poke drivers
» lie angle of wedges

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.