Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I read with sadness, of the thread "Monster Driver 650cc"

Just wondering, if it is necessary to be so harsh...

Some of the accusations on the posts were uncalled for.. First of all, I must clarify that I have never heard of this Alliandy Golf till yesterday and I have nothing to gain from this.

Yes, this Alliandy Golf guy is from Indonesia. Perhaps I have had previous experience communicating with Indonesians, some do not have the luxury of having a good command of English.. Thus, they may be easily misunderstood.. I asked him if he is a retailer. He replied no, he just organizes golf tour in Indonesia, and he sells his own stuff on line. Period.. So why can't he sell his clubs as anyone of us? Did anyone in that thread ask him in what capacity he is selling his clubs? Did we give him enough time and the opportunity to reply?

Yes, he's been forgetful and always misses out the price. But, if you are genuine, and ask him he will tell you openly. Good example was his WTS Titleist 910H hybrid. I Whatsapp him yesterday and he replied almost immediately IDR 1000k. So what if it is in Rupiah?? Did we not paid Usd and Gbp, or even Jpy when we purchased stuff from overseas? If you wish to pay in Sgd, well, I'm sure he could agree too... So why do we need to kick up such a big fuss about Idr? Btw, I did not buy from him and would not be because I realized I do not need another 17* hybrid.. And I do not know how he could deliver the club too, this I would not comment..

I also did not have any problem contacting him.. To all who PM him, he did post very clearly to Whatsapp or BBM him. And he did give his contact details. He did not say to PM him, perhaps it is inconvenient for him to access a computer ?? Knowing Indonesia, you can't get a Internet line / computer as easy as in Singapore, thus, please give the guy a break. If you didn't receive a PM from him, check his thread, or post on his thread that you have sent him a PM.. And wait.. As he replied in that post, he did reply you guys and some of you didn't even notice it..

All due respect to the Moderators, I feel you guys could help maintain some kind of "vibes" in the forum.. If the Moderators are more patient, friendly and helpful, perhaps members would also be more friendly to each other... Wont that be better?

After all, this is Golf Republic Forum- Singapore's most active golfing forum... If somebody gets put down publicly every week in the forum, how would it reflect on us as a nation ??

Just my thoughts, after a hot afternoon under the sun @ MBGC.. It costs nothing to be nice...

War

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 pm

+1 bro! well said...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Ya

To get proper Internet connection in Indonesia is challenging

That's why they always BbM. That's the most popular way...

Generally, indonesians are really very friendly and hospitable people

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 pm

I placed the temp ban on Alliandy till we resolve this issue, there has been a whole spat of complains against him. This was just one of the many isolated incidents today.

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
WaterWoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 pm

This is the best, honest comment that I hv come across so far!
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm

totally agree with you
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Peace Peace Chien, well said! Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Hmm... Images of a red lightning and blue circle comes flooding to mind..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 am

Wow, what seems to be the problem as I just read this thread ?

I know Alliandy Golf but not personally to the owner except I did used his company when we play Bandung in Mid July.

Alliandy Golf is located in JKT but organize golf for Surabaya, Bandung, JKT and all Asia golf courses too.

I did not realized that he is selling golf clubs over GR too but even so, is it against the rules for selling in GR when you are in golf business ?

Yes, he do not use much email as he is on the move (not in the office all the time). The best is to BBM him.

I am sure, it is an misunderstanding and hope it will be resolve soon.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 am

Oh I see, I just read the thread on "Monster Driver 650cc". It appear that he is not responding fast enough as he should and also did not read the rules 1st to avoid mistakes.

Please understand I have nothing to do with Alliandy Golf except I use to BBM the owner to get quota rate for golf courses in Indonesia.

Please also understand that he is not really well with his written English too.

I will try to BBM him tomorrow and try to explain as I have a feeling that he did not know what had happened.

Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 am

DITTO!!!!

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Hmm... Images of a red lightning and blue circle comes flooding to mind..
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 am

jeffman88 wrote:
+1 bro! well said...

+2
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 am

come on guys. give this guy(alliandy) a break. he's new to the forum. i have read the monster driver thread and i think some of you guys are judging too soon. the guy may be busy and cant reply to your enquiries that soon.

some of the comments posted there are actually quite nasty. if you dont like what that guy post, just dont reply, its that simple actually. dont need to write such nasty comments right? it will only make others judge negatively about yourself.

regarding the rules of the marketplace, sorry i dont mean to be rude here, but who does actually read that? at most is only 10% of us here. 90% of us are too excited to post the stuffs that they want to sell.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 am

We can be so unforgiving and the herd mentality is evident. Its so easy to pass accusations of sorts and consequently getting banned my moderators.

If this is a good reason to ban someone , why not ban guys who resells clubs at double the price he bought for ?

I know one who still roam free after getting caught with his pants down trying to make a quick buck from the club i sold him.

Why the inconsistency when I hv seen others gettin banned for doing the same ??

And for Alliandy to be banned just because of poor communication is just too harsh dun u think ?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:16 am

+3!! Especially on "All due respect...." paragraph
Back to top Go down
golfbuzz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:52 am

Begbie wrote:
We can be so unforgiving and the herd mentality is evident. Its so easy to pass accusations of sorts and consequently getting banned my moderators.

If this is a good reason to ban someone , why not ban guys who resells clubs at double the price he bought for ?

I know one who still roam free after getting caught with his pants down trying to make a quick buck from the club i sold him.

Why the inconsistency when I hv seen others gettin banned for doing the same ??

And for Alliandy to be banned just because of poor communication is just too harsh dun u think ?

+1 on the inconsistency shown to different people.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:10 am

chien wrote:
It costs nothing to be nice...

and it costs the forum and the members nothing for the moderators here trying to do their job by the rules implemented.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 am

Begbie wrote:

Why not point out, shed some light, share some evidence and we can let our 'heavy-handed' moderators do their job.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:19 am

golfbuzz wrote:
+1 on the inconsistency shown to different people.

I think everyone is just as discriminatory.

SQ does it OPENLY. Krisflyer gold and silver. and OMG, the AUDACITY! PPS CLUB!

Durian uncle discount me $1 per kilo just because I show up more often. and OMG, the AUDACITY! He gives $2 off to that well-racked chick who comes to the store for the first time!

SMRT has priority seats for the young, old, pregnant and pikachus!

I actually think this is very commonplace. If you want to talk about fairness, perhaps also think of your judgement, are moderators any different from you and me? Aren't they human too?

although i always had this theory that sunny might be a cyborg. showing up naked in a car park, crouched between 2 cars and in the midst of a freak thunderstorm with no rain.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:45 am

For those that think I was harsh, would you like to volunteer your services to contribute to the forum. I mention this was not a one off incident which resulted in the temporary ban, I have received various complains against Alliandy Golf, and until we resolves those issues. It would be safer for the rest of the forum. We try our best to prevent scams from happening in this forum and hence are strict about certain rules regarding sales of golf items.

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:50 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Why not point out, shed some light, share some evidence and we can let our 'heavy-handed' moderators do their job.

The thread was raised to our moderator and he locked the thread. Nobody was banned that day..

but wait... this same fella lived another day to accuse Alliandy resulting in his ban.. speak abt poetic justice ..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 am

Begbie wrote:
The thread was raised to our moderator and he locked the thread. Nobody was banned that day..

but wait... this same fella lived another day to accuse Alliandy resulting in his ban.. speak abt poetic justice ..

OMG! CONSPIRACY!!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:55 am

Peeps, I notice that the comments to the moderator are pretty harsh as well... I always encourage silence if you can't say nice things as this is a forum where even the letter "C" & "B" can be misunderstood...
And recently members here voice out their comments without finding out the truth first...
I know our moderators don't anyhow lock thread especially Eiji, maybe in the future mods can put in the reasons of locking so as to avoid misunderstandings.

MC: moderators are voluntary work, if don't want to do then don't volunteer :tongue:
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 am

watermyforrest wrote:
MC: moderators are voluntary work, if don't want to do then don't volunteer :tongue:

thats why i volunteer to resign. thank-less job and now i am free to troll and no one has to answer for me but myself.

STFU, WTF. I mean WMF. tongue
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

Why so harsh?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Today at 7:11 am

Back to top Go down

Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next