Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

What to do with slow flight infront of you?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Was playing with my son on Sunday morning at Legend JB. Only 2 ball and infront of us is 4 ball 2 male and 2 female all AngMo.
We caught up with them on the 4th hole and i can see that the ladies are very new to the game. We try to be patience and stay behind them till the 6th holes. By this time there is no more flight infront of them but there is 3 flight behind me, all are waiting bec of them. I try to over take them on the par 3 hole by asking for a call on but they just ignore us and play on.
This really pisses me off......this is something i never come acoss bec we are always taught to give way when situation like this arises.

Pls GRian give some advices on how to deal with this kind of INCONSIDERATE GOLFER
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Get the Marshall's help or play in courses where the Marshalls are really working.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Did you ask the Marshall for help? I know you're going to say that it's JB but if they do heed complaints from golfers - they may not take much action but it's worth a shot.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 pm

U might wanna consider skipping a par 3 hole when they're playing it. Provided you don't mind "wasting" a hole. I do that sometimes when I play in US while there for work coz I'm usually 1-ball.

Thing with Ang Mos is that they won't complain if you're playing slow, and in return they expect u to do the same.
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Ya...did some complaint but i don't think the Marshall will do anything
bec they are guest and Ang Mo....we member can only LL la.
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Do you guy sometime fire Warning Shot at this pple.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm

dtan wrote:

Let me ask if you what happens if you misfire and injure the golfer instead?

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Skip one hole lor

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm

dtan wrote:

Not advisable!!!!!

Can kill, ya know!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Perhaps going up to them to ask if they can speed up may have helped. Since there's a jam (which they can see), they need to be told. This has nothing to do with the colour of their skin, by the way. This is all about golf etiquette.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Etiquette and safe play.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Skip one hole and come back to hole after u completed 17 holes
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Usually I will be very polite and tell them this...

"hi, I'm LinLauPeh. You guys don't mind speed up the game a little cos this is not LinAhGong's golf course. I'm being chased by LinAhHia behind and also LinLauBu is waiting for me to get home promptly for dinner. Appreciate if you can let LinTuaHia overtake you. Thank you."

That's all folks. Ciao. Smile

Last edited by LinLauPeh on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 pm

For a start, 2 balls have no overtaking right. Neutral

But like jeffman88 mentioned, skip a hole and come back later to finish it. Just tell them politely you are passing them. Cool
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:25 pm

LinLauPeh wrote:

"hi, I'm LinLauPeh. You guys don't mind speed up the game a little cos this is not LinAhGong's golf course. I'm being chased by LinAhHia behind and also LinLauBu is waiting for me to get home promptly for dinner. Appreciate if you can LinTuaHia overtake you. Thank you."

Razz Razz Razz
LLP funny man!!! cheers
I ll try n hope these angmo understood lor! Laughing
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 pm

skip the hole over them and come back to it later if you still wish
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:46 pm

i was invited to play at a golf event today. my flightmate told me that the combined networth of 2 of the 4 golfers as in excess of 150 million......so we just wait and wait and wait till they are clearly out of sight before we tee off.

apparently not too long ago, someone hit a ball and injured a golfer in front of his flight. the 2 know each other but still the injured golfer sued. the insurance company found a clause and only offered S$40k compensation and the golfer had to foot the rest of the $120k claim.

$80,000 to fire a warning which may injured someone is not worth it. i rather take an early shower and wait in the clubhouse, which was what we did.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

dtan wrote:
I hope you never ever do that bcos its utter stupidity to endanger others over a round of golf! Imagine someone do that to you.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 am

LinLauPeh wrote:

"hi, I'm LinLauPeh. You guys don't mind speed up the game a little cos this is not LinAhGong's golf course. I'm being chased by LinAhHia behind and also LinLauBu is waiting for me to get home promptly for dinner. Appreciate if you can let LinTuaHia overtake you. Thank you."

Hahaaaa...+1! Damn funny! You are the MAN!!! Hahaaaa....
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 am

Back to topic. I've overtook ppl & ppl has overtook me before.
Tot the usual practice is to let fast moving flight to pass 1st, provided the slow flight knows how to let faster flights pass. If we know in front are newbies who dun understand letting faster flight pass or 'unfriendly' flight, we will skip a par 3 but not without giving the slow flight a stoopid reason on the need to pass them. (eg. LinLauBu waiting for us for dinner)

The problem is golf etiquette again.... Sigh...
Back to top Go down
Pinseeker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:09 am

Be a gentlemen and wait patiencely for your turn.

If overtake, most likely have to rush yourself. So just wait n enjoy the accompany of your flight mate and the greenery. In this case talk to your son.

This is the issue of SG golfer. Relax lah. You have 4hrs to finish 18 hole why rush.

I remember my days as a newbie, kanna chased like hell to keep up with the pace. In the end did not enjoy and played badly.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 am

DGman wrote:
$80,000 to fire a warning which may injured someone is not worth it. i rather take an early shower and wait in the clubhouse, which was what we did.

+1

Back to top Go down
Salty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 am

When the flight starts to pile up behind, what happens when the slow flight decide to let the flight behind pass them?

Isnt there still many flights behind, given when slow flight let the front pass, they dont tee off together, they actually stop and wait for the behind flight to finish up the previous hole in order for them to go for the next first.

This to me, seems to only benefit the one flight behind while increasing the wait time for the entire golfers for that round.

The solution i could think of is the slow flight giving up a hole.

Firing warning shots is definately no no.
which may lead to bathroom brawl wooohoo
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:21 am

Be patient and wait.

If cannot tahan anymore, call the marshall. Let them solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Tks GRian for your entertaining thoughts and advice........ really appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with slow flight infront of you?????   Today at 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down

What to do with slow flight infront of you?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next