Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Buying an item from chrisD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t19012-wts-game-improvement-device-golfsense#319732

I have had an experience with an item I bought off a forumer, it's not a good one and all I can say is ChrisD is a conniving cheat. Yes a cheat, one who intentionally deceives a person for financial game. Chris aka Sean here sold me a product golf sense which was not working 2 Saturdays ago. The moment he left the range,the product ceased to work. I thought the battery had just ran out and I charged it the next day. It took over 13.5 hours to charge and the battery would last only an hour at most. Even if it did turn on, the blue tooth connection would be lost after every shot. The product was clearly faulty and also NOT brand new like stated. I asked his about the time taken to charge it and his initial message was that a couple of hours would suffice, after 6hours had gone by and i asked again ,he stated that the device actually needed to be charged for a full 8 hours. (golf sense website states that it only takes 1.5 hours) He has since insisted that no refund will be given as he did not seek to make a profit out of his sale and that he was selling it at the normal price. Hearing that I was going back to the UK in a few weeks, he has so kindly offered to email golf sense to obtain a replacement for me knowing full well that I would be unable to be in Singapore to receive the new piece. He has clearly known that this device was faulty from day 1 and has just tried to off load it to someone on the forum. Texting him is equivalent to talking to a wall as he one liner replies suggest he lacks any comprehension of the English language or he is merely being evasive to avoid refunding me. He ignored my calls and texts since last Wednesday has just gone mia and refused to reply me till this very morning where he insisted again on no refund given. There are always two sides to a story but I can print out the text correspondences to prove my story. This shouldn't be the way how one should sell an item on the forum and it's my first bad experience after dealing with so many people. I feel I have to out him as a bad egg to deter him from such continuing such rubbish in the future. 170 dollars isn't a lot of money but this is a matter of principle. You have cheated a student and what goes around will eventually go around. Sorry for rambling, just letting those out there know of his modus operandi.

Last edited by riverdeity on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Sad to hear that.. Did u charge according to the instructions manual?

I remember the Scotty look alike putter covers he was selling not long ago.. Luckily some guys in the forum pointed out..

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Good content, with strong motivation in the plot.

Some grammatical errors but otherwise a well-written piece...

unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it.).. i am not in a position to comment "ha nor. ha nor."

but i am sure staying tuned here to see what happens next. i am expecting a one-liner reply.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Ash, you never mentioned that you have tested it before purchasing it.
As mentioned, have helped to ask for replacement but you refuse to have replacement and wanted refund.

Please note there are 2 others who bought this item.
One of them has a defective one and pleased to have it replaced.
He has no qualms about having it replaced and he has already gotten his replacement.

Below is the reply from Golfsense.
I will need to send te replace item back to golfsense and am absorbing the cost of it although I did not earn a single cent when selling this item.

Tim Ryan, Aug 28 09:07 am (PDT):
Hi Sean,

We will send you a replacement unit direct from our Beijing office. I have notified the team and they have told me that they will send out the replacement unit to the address you provided.

Please send us back the defective unit to our China office. If you include all of the contents that came in the original package this will be fine. Please send to the following address:

GolfSense
Times Square Building B1010
Huizhongli 103 Chaoyang District
Beijing, China
Phone Number: (86)10 84872936

Thanks again for your patience. All the best,
Tim

Support Team
GolfSense
http://www.golfsense.me/
Back to top Go down
charan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Its indeed very sad to hear episodes such as this which leave a bad taste...Gets me thinking cause all the buying from fellow members I do is just seeing the pictures and exchanging messages since I am physically not in Singapore..

Hopefully buyer and seller work out something!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

dammit. i am wrong.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Ash, you never mentioned that you have tested it before purchasing it.
As mentioned, have helped to ask for replacement but you refuse to have replacement and wanted refund.

Please note there are 2 others who bought this item.
One of them has a defective one and pleased to have it replaced.
He has no qualms about having it replaced and he has already gotten his replacement.

Below is the reply from Golfsense.
I will need to send te replace item back to golfsense and am absorbing the cost of it although I did not earn a single cent when selling this item.

Tim Ryan, Aug 28 09:07 am (PDT):
Hi Sean,

We will send you a replacement unit direct from our Beijing office. I have notified the team and they have told me that they will send out the replacement unit to the address you provided.

Please send us back the defective unit to our China office. If you include all of the contents that came in the original package this will be fine. Please send to the following address:

GolfSense
Times Square Building B1010
Huizhongli 103 Chaoyang District
Beijing, China
Phone Number: (86)10 84872936

Thanks again for your patience. All the best,
Tim

Support Team
GolfSense
http://www.golfsense.me/
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Then what does ' the moment he left he range, the product ceased to work' mean. You stayed for one shot, oe swing. Yes it works. But the problems are the battery and connectivity issue. How to check connectivity when there eis no battery.
Btw, glad to see you are well considering you haven't had the time to reply, was really worried something might have happened.

@MC - typing on my phone. Auto correct is a bitch at times.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 pm

riverdeity wrote:

Tell me about it. http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Joshua, I did read it. Manual says 1.5 hours
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm

If 2 of 3 items from golfsense are faulty and requiring replacement, it sounds like the product could be a lemon. if I buy brand new product in the shop and it works well in the shop and then I go home it doesn't work, I also would like a refund. New already faulty mah. this assumes no mishandling.

on the other hand, if I were a "re-seller" of products and that product turns out to be faulty, I would prefer to give the buyer a refund and I deal with the manufacturer myself. It feels right to do so, more important to me than closing the sale, and I think it's sound business practice.

but to state a product as new when it is not is wrong and bad WTS practice. ChrisD, think you should respond on riverdeity's assertion.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:37 pm

riverdeity wrote:
Then what does ' the moment he left he range, the product ceased to work' mean. You stayed for one shot, oe swing. Yes it works. But the problems are the battery and connectivity issue. How to check connectivity when there eis no battery.
Btw, glad to see you are well considering you haven't had the time to reply, was really worried something might have happened.

Ash, had replied to your concern immediate thru sms on the next day of the transaction and however you insisted for refund.
As said earlier to you, goods sold are not refundable. As its defective, I am helping you to have it changed.

Maybe u can ask if anyone sell a new club here and after you using it, the shaft broke and go back to the shop for refund. Possible??

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:41 pm

I empathized with you River Deity.

Last year, I got duped by one of a forumer here who told me he was interested to buy the golf club. He knew I came from the Philippines and he would not show up on the meeting place and time.

I do not know what he was thinking and why tell "lies"

How i wished there is a "Topic" here where we can post the name of the Bad Eggs so that this "Bad Eggs" will not duped. cheat and lie the serious buyer and seller here.
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:47 pm

pushslice wrote:
If 2 of 3 items from golfsense are faulty and requiring replacement, it sounds like the product could be a lemon. if I buy brand new product in the shop and it works well in the shop and then I go home it doesn't work, I also would like a refund. New already faulty mah. this assumes no mishandling.

on the other hand, if I were a "re-seller" of products and that product turns out to be faulty, I would prefer to give the buyer a refund and I deal with the manufacturer myself. It feels right to do so, more important to me than closing the sale, and I think it's sound business practice.

but to state a product as new when it is not is wrong and bad WTS practice. ChrisD, think you should respond on riverdeity's assertion.

PS, have already responded to him in term of replacement.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:47 pm

I see you have conveniently left out the part about the new or used status.
I have texted you on Sunday telling you off the problems. I even said I would go try again on Monday, Tuesday j told you I wanted a refund and you stringed me along. Wednesday came and you just ignored all calls and texts from me.

Last year I broke my friends 3 month old driver. Transview loaned us one demo while they fixed it. When I broke it again, they refunded it. So what are you talking about?

Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:58 pm

pushslice wrote:

Agree.. that should be the way

+10
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 pm

@River - why not let the seller replace it for u and take it as a lesson?
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:04 pm

riverdeity wrote:

I have had an experience with an item I bought off a forumer, it's not a good one and all I can say is ChrisD is a conniving cheat. Yes a cheat, one who intentionally deceives a person for financial game. Chris aka Sean here sold me a product golf sense which was not working 2 Saturdays ago. The moment he left the range,the product ceased to work. I thought the battery had just ran out and I charged it the next day. It took over 13.5 hours to charge and the battery would last only an hour at most. Even if it did turn on, the blue tooth connection would be lost after every shot. The product was clearly faulty and also NOT brand new like stated. I asked his about the time taken to charge it and his initial message was a couple of hours would suffice, after 6hours had gone by, he stated that the device actually needed to be charged for a full 8 hours. (golf sense website states that it only takes 1.5 hours) He has since insisted that no refund will be given as he did not seek to make a profit out of his sale and that he was selling it at the normal price. Hearing that I was going back to the UK in a few weeks, he has so kindly offered to email golf sense to obtain a replacement for me knowing full well that I would be unable to be in Singapore to receive the new piece. He has clearly known that this device was faulty from day 1 and just tried to off load it to someone on the forum. Texting him is equivalent to talking to a wall as he one liner replies suggest he lacks basic comprehension of the English language or he is merely being evasive to avoid refunding me. He ignores my calls and since last Wednesday has just gone mia and refused to reply me till this very morning where he insisted on no refund given. There are always two sides to a story but I can print out the text correspondences to prove my story. This shouldn't be the way how one should sell an item on the forum and it's my first bad experience after dealing with so many people. I feel I have to out him as a bad egg to deter him from such continuing such rubbish in the future. 170 dollars isn't a lot of money but this is a matter of principle. You have cheated a student and what goes around will eventually go around. Sorry for rambling, just letting those out there know of his modus operandi.

Hey bro ... trying to better understand this .. how do you know it was NOT brand new? And if not new, did you raise any concerns at that point in time or did you only figure that out a bit later? Not asking about the faultiness, but whether there has been any misrepresentation ...

Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Prehaps the Question all forumers should reflect on with regards to this incident:

1) Who is responsible for defective or fake products paddled on Marketplace? Seller or Buyer.

Seller - If he resells a new product, should he take on the warranty issues since the buyer has absolutely no recourse to the first seller. Seller could place a caveat on warranty.

Buyer- Knowing that they are purchasing a new product from an unknown source, should they be extra careful or negotiate a warranty of sorts. Prehaps a refund policy if products fails after 2 weeks.

Maybe some views on this may align some responsibilities for future transactions.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:10 pm

TourSwing wrote:
riverdeity wrote:

I have had an experience with an item I bought off a forumer, it's not a good one and all I can say is ChrisD is a conniving cheat. Yes a cheat, one who intentionally deceives a person for financial game. Chris aka Sean here sold me a product golf sense which was not working 2 Saturdays ago. The moment he left the range,the product ceased to work. I thought the battery had just ran out and I charged it the next day. It took over 13.5 hours to charge and the battery would last only an hour at most. Even if it did turn on, the blue tooth connection would be lost after every shot. The product was clearly faulty and also NOT brand new like stated. I asked his about the time taken to charge it and his initial message was a couple of hours would suffice, after 6hours had gone by, he stated that the device actually needed to be charged for a full 8 hours. (golf sense website states that it only takes 1.5 hours) He has since insisted that no refund will be given as he did not seek to make a profit out of his sale and that he was selling it at the normal price. Hearing that I was going back to the UK in a few weeks, he has so kindly offered to email golf sense to obtain a replacement for me knowing full well that I would be unable to be in Singapore to receive the new piece. He has clearly known that this device was faulty from day 1 and just tried to off load it to someone on the forum. Texting him is equivalent to talking to a wall as he one liner replies suggest he lacks basic comprehension of the English language or he is merely being evasive to avoid refunding me. He ignores my calls and since last Wednesday has just gone mia and refused to reply me till this very morning where he insisted on no refund given. There are always two sides to a story but I can print out the text correspondences to prove my story. This shouldn't be the way how one should sell an item on the forum and it's my first bad experience after dealing with so many people. I feel I have to out him as a bad egg to deter him from such continuing such rubbish in the future. 170 dollars isn't a lot of money but this is a matter of principle. You have cheated a student and what goes around will eventually go around. Sorry for rambling, just letting those out there know of his modus operandi.

Hey bro ... trying to better understand this .. how do you know it was NOT brand new? And if not new, did you raise any concerns at that point in time or did you only figure that out a bit later? Not asking about the faultiness, but whether there has been any misrepresentation ...

What I had sold is a new product.
Back to top Go down
popiahc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I am not a forum regular but felt the need to clarify some facts here after reading these. I am one of the buyer of his golf sense device and unfortunately the first unit I gotten from him was faulty and it could not even detect one single swing.

For my case, I was not able to test my unit as he passed it to me in the late evening and we did not meet up at a range. I was only able to test it the following day but found it to be defective; cannot hold charge and cannot even be switched on.

As the unit I received was brand new and sealed, I felt that it was not his fault that it is faulty and it seems more likely to be a QC issue. But out of good will, he gladly exchanged his own personal unit with mine and offered to send it back for an exchange.

Just to share my experience..

Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 pm

I was willing to do it till he pulled the disappearing act. I will only take the refund now, such behavior from him should not be tolerated. Besides, he advertised it as new when it wasnt
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm

That's similar problems to the one I have.. -

To Fred. I had informed ChrisD the very next day. Within 24 hours in fact

Last edited by riverdeity on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Tour swing.
I only realised when I went home and checked. ChrisD had opened the box in front of me and did the opening.
I was hitting balls at the range at the time and didn't see, but when I examined the condition of the box its definitely not new.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Edit: post deleted as I only just read the previous post

Last edited by TourSwing on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Today at 8:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Buying an item from chrisD