Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Buying an item from chrisD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:47 am

Take away his name calling, bangla's points on private transactions are essentially correct.

Some folks ask that yellow mods basically ban ChrisD based on Riverdeity's complaint as further punishment. Is it? Not clear to me, you keep referring to Indonesia case. Is that correct? It's one person's words against another. Making a decision to ban someone over posts on public forum is easier to do, banning someone over certain transactions outside the forum is entering grey area as facts need to investigated/verified. we aint no police or district attorney. If its a fake product, we potentially can get the buyer to verify with authorized dealers and we may act on that finding. Faulty products are entering grey area again.

The solutions to their predicament are outside the forum through what missmoon has suggested. The thread gives some education to forumers. That's what Riverdeity's intentions are, if I get him right. I'd say that is fulfilled. I personally would even put it as a sticky.

Maybe those who die die want more punishment meted can put up a poll or something. Let see what grians think, just an idea. This is my personal opinion.

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 am

I believe that for one to have a better swing, no gadget can help .... It's pure hard work thru watching golf channel
Back to top Go down
volkswagenboy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 am

Duval_S wrote:
I believe that for one to have a better swing, no gadget can help .... It's pure hard work thru watching golf channel

Agree....+1
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:25 am

This is getting out of hand... Esp when quick-mouthed, irresponsible ppl starts to comment...
Shut it down.... Shut it down....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:30 am

Duval_S wrote:

" Priceless "
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 am

Bangla123 wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
Haha trying to regulate rules on the Internet. That's naive. Everyone knows that Chris D and his buddies are assholes( that's you im talking about wanna be "tour swing ") But that's life, he has absoloutely no need to refund you your money. It was a straightforward cash for product transaction. You paid for what you got. If you want refund or warranty perks.. Go to a retail store you moron.

Golf republic "mods" are not going to enforce anything . They simply can't afford to take this issue to court or enforce rules neither are they going to accept liability for things that go on in a public INTERNET forum.

You can shame him fr being a crook and he can sue you for libel . At the end of the day your simply a naive pansy ass student That complains like a pussy..and chris D is simply a dishonest wannabe internet salesman jackass

Hope it helps Smile

Before you censor my post I would just like to say the GR mods have been doing a terrific job. I would know , as I have been kept in check by them many a time. Quick note to those that ask more of them. Stfu and volunteer to help out , I find complain queens disgusting

Hope it helps!

Lol, its my nature to be whiny
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:54 am

pushslice wrote:
Take away his name calling, bangla's points on private transactions are essentially correct.

Some folks ask that yellow mods basically ban ChrisD based on Riverdeity's complaint as further punishment. Is it? Not clear to me, you keep referring to Indonesia case. Is that correct? It's one person's words against another. Making a decision to ban someone over posts on public forum is easier to do, banning someone over certain transactions outside the forum is entering grey area as facts need to investigated/verified. we aint no police or district attorney. If its a fake product, we potentially can get the buyer to verify with authorized dealers and we may act on that finding. Faulty products are entering grey area again.

The solutions to their predicament are outside the forum through what missmoon has suggested. The thread gives some education to forumers. That's what Riverdeity's intentions are, if I get him right. I'd say that is fulfilled. I personally would even put it as a sticky.

Maybe those who die die want more punishment meted can put up a poll or something. Let see what grians think, just an idea. This is my personal opinion.

I am sorry but I cannot agree with the stand on this. To me it is to protect seller and allow the person to walkaway knowing that he or she may have committed a dishonest act. Instead of taking a correct consistent stance and be firm, you pointed that it is my problem. Then what is the point of having rules and moderation.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 am

Hi kk

I understand where u coming from.

Perhaps u can enlighten us.

Taking chrisd as an example, what would u do? And why?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 am

Khorkar wrote:
pushslice wrote:

I am sorry but I cannot agree with the stand on this. To me it is to protect seller and allow the person to walkaway knowing that he or she may have committed a dishonest act. Instead of taking a correct consistent stance and be firm, you pointed that it is my problem. Then what is the point of having rules and moderation.

KK..that sort of actual protection and resolution on private buyer and seller dispute is addressed by Singapore Laws. There are small tribunal courts to deal with that. CASE in case of retailers and consumers. Singapore lemon law coming soon.

I symphatize with Riverdeity and I for one will NOT buy from ChrisD EVER. I don't even want to play with him considering his tendencies to pull out of games. He's just not a reliable person, in my view.

But being outside parties to the transactions and publicly decide whether dishonest or not dishonest act outside the forum have been done is something I will not do without actually going through the available legal motions. Even posters here have disagreement and we only read what have been posted by the two parties.

Sorry, guess we have to disagree brudder. Yet again I am just a caddy, I clean up old marketplace threads. I dont have banning rights Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:42 am

I have been following this thread with much interest , personally I would say the mod have been doing a fine job. It have been stated clearly in the T&C of the marketplace on the risk involved in online transaction . GR is mainly a forum to share about golf and other merry matters . Marketplace is just one of the sub forum to be managed.

The mod's job is to keep the forum functioning and straying away from discussion and keeping things neat. No one here can judge who is right and who is wrong, only the both party themselves know what is happening . This thread was create with intention to draw attention to this case and bring people's attention to such incident.

As it have served it purpose , it have derailed to become a debate on the actions to be taken and more people being involved. I would propose the thread to be closed and just move on. Everyone have read and seen what's written and there is a lesson to be learnt just hope people will exercise due caution when making any transaction.

Just my humble worth
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

i feel if you participate in an internet forum, you accept the moderators' stance on things. every forum have their own culture and ways of thinking.

if you don't agree with anything or are not happy, you can simply choose to leave. no one is forcing anyone to stay.

eg, some local forums all day long the talk cock and OT in other threads. and this few lao jiao members all have millions of posts talking rubbish. i dont try and educate them that their mindless bantering on other pple thread is disruptive to information sharing, I just choose not to read and participate anymore.

for me, i feel GR marketplace is one of the best among all local forums already, and trust me i buy and sell a lot of stuff. the fact that EVERYONE chimes in to remind sellers to post photos and prices as it is mandated speaks volumes for the mods' efforts to make the mkt place better.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 am

Funny one-liner joke I heard today:

A chap went to the zoo. There was only one dog in it. It was a shitzu.

Oh, get over it and move on already.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:29 am

KNS !!!! Which one u guys want ? Ban or no ban ? Last 2 weeks when mod did their job and ban u kao pei kao bu... Then now they try to work it and offer resolute instead of going with the hammer u say they no good...

@Pushslice :- what u hv came and rationalize is more than what u need to do. No point trying to come with a reason esp to an angry mob...

@chrisd :- do u really need to make money from selling at gr mehhh ? I come here make fren play golf ... Just refund the damn thing and move on while salvaging whats left of ur integrity... Be the more magnanimous one for god's sake.

Ok enough said... This is getting irritating and borderline stupid

Last edited by Begbie on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:29 am

Technospaz wrote:
Funny one-liner joke I heard today:

A chap went to the zoo. There was only one dog in it. It was a shitzu.

Oh, get over it and move on already.

Wah lau eh... i have to read it 3 times to get the joke... must be due to sleep deprivation... But it's a good one...
lol!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 am

my old man always remind me:

money lost can always earn back...

trust misplaced is more difficult than playing less tax....

something to chew on from one of my fav comedians

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

Khorkar wrote:
pushslice wrote:

KK, i know your intention is lofty....

however, if i am buying something from the marketplace, i (saying me as a person) will be fully aware of the bolts n nuts that comes with it....

if i want customer protection, i would have bought from BEST DENKI or COURTS

Face Hug
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:19 am

Begbie wrote:
KNS !!!! Which one u guys want ? Ban or no ban ? Last 2 weeks when mod did their job and ban u kao pei kao bu... Then now they try to work it and offer resolute instead of going with the hammer u say they no good...

@Pushslice :- what u hv came and rationalize is more than what u need to do. No point trying to come with a reason esp to an angry mob...

@chrisd :- do u really need to make money from selling at gr mehhh ? I come here make fren play golf ... Just refund the damn thing and move on while salvaging whats left of ur integrity... Be the more magnanimous one for god's sake.

thats why i told the other mods, i am doing JACK SHIT for this...

wait people call me HARSH. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 am

eiji wrote:
Begbie wrote:

at least u dun delete threads...

unlike that mod with the beer nick....

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 am

slinger wrote:
eiji wrote:
Begbie wrote:

at least u dun delete threads...

unlike that mod with the beer nick....

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yah loh, 拿不起来, damn Buay steady. Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 am

eiji: in the role we are in, we act according to what we think is right and good for the forum. Decisions made may not be popular and will definately garner disagreements on it. But, as mods, we do what we think is necessary, not popular. Many people have many things to say, but never did volunteer to help in the forum. Don worry, i have your back.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 am

I did it myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyy
- Frank Sinatra

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:39 am

So much so:
Just a recap of how the incident went:
Day 1
- went to green fairway to meet buyer.
- spoke to buyer that will need to test it out as one of the previous buyer couldn't even turn on the unit. buyer agreed to test it.
- open the box seal right in front buyer.
- everything in the box comes with protection on the charger unit pin, unit pin and cable was wrap up too. (Buyer made accusation of me selling used items)
- in order to use it wanted to charge it up using his iPad, but iPad can't charge so took the unit and cable to my car to charge, leaving the charger unit in the box.
- after abt 5 mins took the unit and tested it out.
- unit connected to the iPad and it WORKS.
- buyer paid up and I left the place

Day 2
- buyer sms me how come there is no swing path as what i had stated in the forum and how long does he need to charge the unit as he has been charging for hours and the light is still not green.
- replied from me is that there is swing path and norm for electronic products is to charge 8 hours for the first time, but in doubt refer to guide book inside the box.
- buyer replied there is no numbers on the swing path (reasons behind for not accepting a replacement) and that cannot be consider as a swing path analysis.
- replied from me that swing path with numbers like track man is not possible. (diff in price)
- buyer replied he will continue to charge the unit and if it does works, he demanded a refund.
- replied from me that I will assist him to get a replacement unit instead of giving refund.
- replied from buyer: let's see how it goes, I am sure you will come up with a solution if there is a problem.

Day 3
- Buyer SMS me saying that he had a hard time connecting the unit to iPad or iPhone
- replied from me is that I will get a replacement for him.
- buyer replied I do not want a replacement but refund.
- replied from me that there will be no refund.
- thereafter subsequent sms of refund have been sent to me.
- didn't reply his SMS as I have deem to revert already.

What I had done on my part:
Wrote to golfsense on 21st Aug and after some exchange of emails.
Golfsense replied me on the 29th Aug to send me a replacement unit.
Text buyer on 30th Aug that his replacement unit is on the way.

30th Aug
- buyer demanded that he does not want a refund.
- SMS me that he will post this on the forum if i dont refund him in which he did but with some deviation of the transaction.

Even after he made all the false allegations,
I still intent to help him to replace his unit.
But buyer still post to ask me to sue him for false allegation, etc thereafter.
Pisses me off and my point of view is that I am just helping to get your equipment changed.
And finally make decision to stop all future communication exchange or even help such a person.

Bought 6 units of golfsense at US819.68 on bulk purchase with friends
3 of them back out after the unit arrived 2weeks later.
So posted on the forum for sale. Didn't import it in to sell and not making any profit out of it.

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 am

ironstarz wrote:
I have been following this thread with much interest , personally I would say the mod have been doing a fine job. It have been stated clearly in the T&C of the marketplace on the risk involved in online transaction . GR is mainly a forum to share about golf and other merry matters . Marketplace is just one of the sub forum to be managed.

The mod's job is to keep the forum functioning and straying away from discussion and keeping things neat. No one here can judge who is right and who is wrong, only the both party themselves know what is happening . This thread was create with intention to draw attention to this case and bring people's attention to such incident.

As it have served it purpose , it have derailed to become a debate on the actions to be taken and more people being involved. I would propose the thread to be closed and just move on. Everyone have read and seen what's written and there is a lesson to be learnt just hope people will exercise due caution when making any transaction.

Just my humble worth

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 am

ChrisD wrote:

So posted on the forum for sale. Didn't import it in to sell and not making any profit out of it.

Off topic a bit

ChrisD: what 'good' frens you have. next time collect $$$ first, esp when making bulk purchase.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm

ChrisD wrote:
So much so:
Just a recap of how the incident went:
Day 1
- went to green fairway to meet buyer.
- spoke to buyer that will need to test it out as one of the previous buyer couldn't even turn on the unit. buyer agreed to test it.
- open the box seal right in front buyer.
- everything in the box comes with protection on the charger unit pin, unit pin and cable was wrap up too. (Buyer made accusation of me selling used items)
- in order to use it wanted to charge it up using his iPad, but iPad can't charge so took the unit and cable to my car to charge, leaving the charger unit in the box.
- after abt 5 mins took the unit and tested it out.
- unit connected to the iPad and it WORKS.
- buyer paid up and I left the place

Day 2
- buyer sms me how come there is no swing path as what i had stated in the forum and how long does he need to charge the unit as he has been charging for hours and the light is still not green.
- replied from me is that there is swing path and norm for electronic products is to charge 8 hours for the first time, but in doubt refer to guide book inside the box.
- buyer replied there is no numbers on the swing path (reasons behind for not accepting a replacement) and that cannot be consider as a swing path analysis.
- replied from me that swing path with numbers like track man is not possible. (diff in price)
- buyer replied he will continue to charge the unit and if it does works, he demanded a refund.
- replied from me that I will assist him to get a replacement unit instead of giving refund.
- replied from buyer: let's see how it goes, I am sure you will come up with a solution if there is a problem.

Day 3
- Buyer SMS me saying that he had a hard time connecting the unit to iPad or iPhone
- replied from me is that I will get a replacement for him.
- buyer replied I do not want a replacement but refund.
- replied from me that there will be no refund.
- thereafter subsequent sms of refund have been sent to me.
- didn't reply his SMS as I have deem to revert already.

What I had done on my part:
Wrote to golfsense on 21st Aug and after some exchange of emails.
Golfsense replied me on the 29th Aug to send me a replacement unit.
Text buyer on 30th Aug that his replacement unit is on the way.

30th Aug
- buyer demanded that he does not want a refund.
- SMS me that he will post this on the forum if i dont refund him in which he did but with some deviation of the transaction.

Even after he made all the false allegations,
I still intent to help him to replace his unit.
But buyer still post to ask me to sue him for false allegation, etc thereafter.
Pisses me off and my point of view is that I am just helping to get your equipment changed.
And finally make decision to stop all future communication exchange or even help such a person.

Glad to see you are able to summarise the sms texts and break it down for the forumers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Today at 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Buying an item from chrisD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next