Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Buying an item from chrisD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:20 pm

riverdeity wrote:
I was willing to do it till he pulled the disappearing act. I will only take the refund now, such behavior from him should not be tolerated. Besides, he advertised it as new when it wasnt

Ash, it is a new unit that I sold you. We open the box with the seal on it.
If you insist on such behavior, I will have to leave on the duty of replacement as yours.

I did not "disappear" as you had SMS me numerous occasion for refund. As mentioned earlier that there will be no refund and only replacement, there is no point of me returning you SMS of such demand.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Your word against mine. I'm not the one with a reputation of selling dodgy items.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 pm

My take: after reading thread it sees chrisD did sell a faulty new product to riverdeity. riverdeity accepted item in good faith. riverdeity now claims item was falsely advertised as new when it isnt but hv not provided any reasons why its a used secondhand item. chrisD has offered replacement no refund. Riverdeity unless u can prove item was not new suggest best option is to accept replacement lah hopefully fully working one.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:35 pm

popiahc wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am not a forum regular but felt the need to clarify some facts here after reading these. I am one of the buyer of his golf sense device and unfortunately the first unit I gotten from him was faulty and it could not even detect one single swing.

For my case, I was not able to test my unit as he passed it to me in the late evening and we did not meet up at a range. I was only able to test it the following day but found it to be defective; cannot hold charge and cannot even be switched on.

As the unit I received was brand new and sealed, I felt that it was not his fault that it is faulty and it seems more likely to be a QC issue. But out of good will, he gladly exchanged his own personal unit with mine and offered to send it back for an exchange.

Just to share my experience..

Thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Post deleted due to personal reason.

Last edited by Slicer51 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 pm

I was caught in such predicament before; as a seller and buyer on different incidents. I mean in my profession; nothing related to golf.

It is sticky and controversial when faced with such situation. IMHO, 3rd party, without any evidence but simply based on hearsay in the threads here, is better to stay neutral instead of providing verdict or jugdment. I think this is fair to both of them who involved to sort the matter out.

We shud know that most of the deals that take place here is of mutual verbal agreement, thus setting a clear expectations upfront is important. Shit does happens!

What i gained from the thread is; the products seem to have high failure rate, so look out before buying.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
... If he is a cheaper, he does not need to wait until today to cheap someone....

CHEATER. CHEAT...

why u guys make me reveal the nazi in me...
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:05 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
... If he is a cheaper, he does not need to wait until today to cheap someone....

CHEATER. CHEAT...

At least he didn't say "Chipper" and "Chip" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Seems like a very clear cut case to me. ChrisD should simply refund Riverdeity his money. If a seller sells a product, which turns out to be defective, through no fault of either the seller or the buyer, the seller should give a refund. Isn't it obvious?

ChrisD's example of refunding a buyer after the buyer has broken the golf club is not a good example in this case. In that situation, i agree that the fault lies with the buyer and so no need to refund. However, in this case, it is not the fault of the buyer. It's more akin to a situation where a seller sells a club (which is already defective) to a buyer. Even if the seller himself wasn't aware of the defect at the time of sale, the seller should still give a refund to the buyer.

Besides being the right thing to do, i think it's also the gentlemanly thing to do and is in line with the purpose and spirit of having this forum.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm

HyBriD wrote:
I empathized with you River Deity.

Last year, I got duped by one of a forumer here who told me he was interested to buy the golf club. He knew I came from the Philippines and he would not show up on the meeting place and time.

I do not know what he was thinking and why tell "lies"

How i wished there is a "Topic" here where we can post the name of the Bad Eggs so that this "Bad Eggs" will not duped. cheat and lie the serious buyer and seller here.

I am sorry to hear that. You should have post his name & tel number in GR and ask for his explanation. You are just a nice guy but by doing so, you are not helping any of the member here at all.

I am bless that all my sellers & buyers that I had met, were very nice gentleman so far (touchwood **).

So ? what is his name and cell number ? If you still like to be a nice guy, at least pm me so that I can avoid him in future. Smile

Last edited by Slicer51 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:

CHEATER. CHEAT...

Thanks for the correction, Sir. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:27 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Seems like a very clear cut case to me. ChrisD should simply refund Riverdeity his money. If a seller sells a product, which turns out to be defective, through no fault of either the seller or the buyer, the seller should give a refund. Isn't it obvious?

[IGT] Was the "refund" being agreed upfront? If you buy a new cell phone today and conked out later, will you get refund or warranty repair?
Every product is dealt differently; with written T&C's.
In this case, what was being agreed upfront?

Besides being the right thing to do, i think it's also the gentlemanly thing to do and is in line with the purpose and spirit of having this forum.

[IGT] Being gentleman is nice. Compromising and accomodating is good. But not being any of this doesn't mean one is wrong.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Will not do refund as:

Firstly, sold the item as stated new.
Secondly, tested before buyer paid up.
Thirdly, item is not defective as the point of testing.

Not withstanding all the wrong accusations made by buyer and cost absorb by myself.
Cheater, not selling items as new, unresponsive, etc.
Paid for postage - defective unit back to golfsense.
Will replace my unit with the buyer when it arrives.

Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 pm

IGT wrote:
I was caught in such predicament before; as a seller and buyer on different incidents. I mean in my profession; nothing related to golf.

It is sticky and controversial when faced with such situation. IMHO, 3rd party, without any evidence but simply based on hearsay in the threads here, is better to stay neutral instead of providing verdict or jugdment. I think this is fair to both of them who involved to sort the matter out.

We shud know that most of the deals that take place here is of mutual verbal agreement, thus setting a clear expectations upfront is important. Shit does happens!

What i gained from the thread is; the products seem to have high failure rate, so look out before buying.

Cheers

Agree, agree n agree. We r just 3rd party....
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 pm

@pushman. I am leaving soon and may not get the replacement unit in time. If chrisD had been more upfront and cooperative, sure I will take the replacement . He has not and dodged my calls and text for a week hoping I will go away.

On why I think it's defective and used, his response when I texted him on Sunday and Monday was very defensive and he already straight out denied me a refund before I had even asked for one. I'm quite sure of this that the cable to charge the device was not cable tied or wrapped . There were black marks on the base of the charging dock as well.. The fact that he was so defensive when i had problems is also a sign that he knew the product was faulty.
I even offered to take back 155 and he refused and went on to ignore me.

I stand by the cheat , unresponsive comments. Sue me ..
As for the new or not, we will never know. You will know deep down how honest you were..

Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:18 pm

3131T wrote:
IGT wrote:

Cheers

If is was able to solve it with him privately, I wouldn't have had to out him

Last edited by riverdeity on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm

riverdeity wrote:
@pushman. I am leaving soon and may not get the replacement unit in time. If chrisD had been more upfront and cooperative, sure I will take the replacement . He has not and dodged my calls and text for a week hoping I will go away.

On why I think it's defective and used, his response when I texted him on Sunday and Monday was very defensive and he already straight out denied me a refund before I had even asked for one. I'm quite sure of this that the cable to charge the device was not cable tied or wrapped . There were black marks on the base of the charging dock as well.. The fact that he was so defensive when i had problems is also a sign that he knew the product was faulty.

As for the new or not, we will never know. You will know deep down how honest you were..

My conscience is clear, but with such constant wrongful allegation and comments.
I will not even help you to replace your unit.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm

riverdeity wrote:
3131T wrote:
IGT wrote:

Cheers

If is was able to solve it with him privately, I would have had to out him

Sorry bro, wat I meant was other than both of u, the rest r just 3rd party. We will nv be able to judge both side story as in most cases both stories will nv be tally. So, its best for us not to comment.

Suggestions to solve the problem will be nice, but not "who" must do "what"....
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 pm

ChrisD wrote:
riverdeity wrote:

My conscience is clear, but with such constant wrongful allegation and comments.
I will not even help you to replace your unit.

I seriously doubt you were going to help in the first place. Im just here to drag your name through the mud and show your true colours to everyone. I dont really care about the money.
The onus is now on you to prove you a proper seller in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Most reputable big golf shop now will not refund , but will replace the product because it create the shop to be in depth . in addition , he is a private seller so it's a bit like ebay . you can really get refund from buying fake or faulty product . however i never buy from ChrisD , so i can't comment . But as small company & private seller most likely won't refund in country such as USA ,Europe , and AUstralia even Golf House does it now " it state on you ticket that purchase won't be refundable ,but exchange in case of default of the product"
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Most reputable big golf shop now will not refund , but will replace the product because it create the shop to be in depth . in addition , he is a private seller so it's a bit like ebay . you can really get refund from buying fake or faulty product . however i never buy from ChrisD , so i can't comment . But as small company & private seller most likely won't refund in country such as USA ,Europe , and AUstralia even Golf House does it now " it state on you ticket that purchase won't be refundable ,but exchange in case of default of the product"

Precisely! Refund and Money-back guarantee carries different meaning.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Europe has a 14 day refund policy , 28 day exchange.
The issue here is knowingly selling a used defective item.
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Considering Chris knew he has sold a defective set earlier, he should be aware that this profuct could be faulty and stay a little longer and pre warn the buyer during testing. Im more on the buyer side.@Chris considering u sold 3 sets, u should have earn a friction of profit instead of selling a personal items @ the purchase price. Knowing your products are faulty before hand and insisting no refund doesn't seems a gentleman game in the marketplace.

Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:38 pm

loserjo wrote:
Considering Chris knew he has sold a defective set earlier, he should be aware that this profuct could be faulty and stay a little longer and pre warn the buyer during testing. Im more on the buyer side.@Chris considering u sold 3 sets, u should have earn a friction of profit instead of selling a personal items @ the purchase price. Knowing your products are faulty before hand and insisting no refund doesn't seems a gentleman game in the marketplace.

Pls la bro, ur remarks r just ur assumptions... Only they themselves can solve the problem...

3131T wrote:
Sorry bro, wat I meant was other than both of u, the rest r just 3rd party. We will nv be able to judge both side story as in most cases both stories will nv be tally. So, its best for us not to comment.

Suggestions to solve the problem will be nice, but not "who" must do "what"....
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

@3131T yup my assupmtion and my opinion... I never instruct Chris to refund... But hearing both sides I voice my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Today at 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Buying an item from chrisD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next