Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Buying an item from chrisD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 pm

honestly I feel that there should be a refund. If someone bought my items (and I do sell computer products as well). If found faulty within the week, I'll do a refund and will do the exchange/warranty at my own expense. That is unless I found the item was tempered with or used wrongly.

In this case, it seems the product was already faulty upon sale (since 2/3 of the product was faulty). Even retail/shops do refunds within 7 days. (iirc there's a new act coming up to make this longer and compulsory for shops to do refunds).

Just want to be objective in this case, no offense to any bros. Will mods do some sort of control here? I understand that this kind of control is done in HWZ, VRZ and especially when there is a marketplace..
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

This thread has served its purpose ... next time a forum member considers purchasing from ChrisD they will be extra cautitious ... And the next time ChrisD makes a sale he will take extra precautions ... Its great when we can learn from the past and move on ...

Ebay is filled with trxns such as these ... with some complaints lodged against very reputed sellers ... It comes with the territory ... lets hope a pattern does not develop Beer
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

garylin wrote:
honestly I feel that there should be a refund. If someone bought my items (and I do sell computer products as well). If found faulty within the week, I'll do a refund and will do the exchange/warranty at my own expense. That is unless I found the item was tempered with or used wrongly.

In this case, it seems the product was already faulty upon sale (since 2/3 of the product was faulty). Even retail/shops do refunds within 7 days. (iirc there's a new act coming up to make this longer and compulsory for shops to do refunds).

Just want to be objective in this case, no offense to any bros. Will mods do some sort of control here? I understand that this kind of control is done in HWZ, VRZ and especially when there is a marketplace..

yups u r right! Ref: http://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/slw/index.php/headlines/12870-retailers-gear-up-for-lemon-law?utm_source=web%20subscription&utm_medium=web
Singapore's 'Lemon Law' was passed in Parliament 09 Mar 2012 to be enforced 1 Sep 2012.
Lemon laws refer to laws protecting consumers against defective goods that fail to conform to contract, or meet satisfactory quality or performance standards at the time of purchase, colloquially known as "lemons".

But not sure if it covers private transactions as it specifically refers to retailers.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm

TourSwing wrote:
This thread has served its purpose ... next time a forum member considers purchasing from ChrisD they will be extra cautitious ... And the next time ChrisD makes a sale he will take extra precautions ... Its great when we can learn from the past and move on ...

Ebay is filled with trxns such as these ... with some complaints lodged against very reputed sellers ... It comes with the territory ... lets hope a pattern does not develop Beer

Nice summary, Tourswing!

Beer
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm

wait wait... i wanna add my $50000 worth

i have heard many issues with this particular seller...

SO, PPL BEWARE... I FOR ONE WOULD NEVER TALK TO SUCH A CHARACTER MUCH LESS DEAL WITH HIM!!!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 pm

bro shams

waiting for your reply... hee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 pm

If only my WTS threads get so much viewership.. scratch
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 pm

When the dust settles....

For Riverdiety: He will not be in Sinagpore. He may not get his refund or replacement or he may not. Either way, I hope something works out for him......cheers bro

For ChrisD: Is it possible that locals will remember for good or bad everytime you put up a sale? Either way, I hope that buyer and seller work out something....cheers bro
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Pardon my interjections.

TO THE MODS............

What are the MODS views/action on the subject and if any, what is the verdict on the issue highlighted? This is genuine case and what has MODS done to ensure this issue were resolved amicably.

We have seen MODS were quick and strict to enforce rules on the Indonesian seller, why is this any different? We do not expect any difference in terms of the severity of the issue and in fact, it is far more severe.

MODS, please do what is rightful and ensure fair treatment. so far what we have seen is a comment from earlier comments. This is short of action on the seller and buyer, in which I would expect more action as follow up. We await your swift and decisive reply!

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Pardon my interjections.

TO THE MODS............

What are the MODS views/action on the subject and if any, what is the verdict on the issue highlighted? This is genuine case and what has MODS done to ensure this issue were resolved amicably.

We have seen MODS were quick and strict to enforce rules on the Indonesian seller, why is this any different? We do not expect any difference in terms of the severity of the issue and in fact, it is far more severe.

MODS, please do what is rightful and ensure fair treatment. so far what we have seen is a comment from earlier comments. This is short of action on the seller and buyer, in which I would expect more action as follow up. We await your swift and decisive reply!

wah! Khorkar u sound like angrybird... just kiddin.. rendeer . kekeke
i like your statement We do not expect any difference in terms of the severity of the issue and in fact, it is far more severe. +1
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Recently, had big arguments at work & boils down to communication.

River: give Chris 1 more chance to replace ur unit & give him benefit of doubt lah!

Chris: do a swee swee replacement for river & close the chapter. Put yourself in river shoes.

Then all HAPPY mah.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Although being in partial. I do want to give my Kudos to Riverdeity for his frank and upfront to comment on this thread. He is brave to accept comments and willing to confront the seller in question to ensure fair treatment. He is putting his integrity on the line for scrutiny and willing to take all the flak in return for his comments.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Pardon my interjections.

TO THE MODS............

Caveat emptor. That is all I can say.

@Khorkar, this issue is different from the Indonesian seller one. Pls do not lump them together. That issue had been resolved and closed.
We would not like to see it re-opened again.
Back to top Go down
guangzhao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm

shamusan wrote:
wait wait... i wanna add my $50000 worth

i have heard many issues with this particular seller...

SO, PPL BEWARE... I FOR ONE WOULD NEVER TALK TO SUCH A CHARACTER MUCH LESS DEAL WITH HIM!!!

So fierce... War

Anyways, my 2 cents (much less than $50k) is that ChrisD is trying to earn some money and Ashley is an unwitting victim. At the end of the day, somebody has to absorb the loss associated with this deal and neither wants to take this loss.

Ashley's proposal to take back 155 instead of the full 170 would have at least covered part of ChrisD's cost of sending it back to China (since he needs to no matter what) so I can't understand why ChrisD didn't take up this offer. Thought it was more than fair for ChrisD...

Hopefully, both can find a peaceful resolution so that both parties are happy.

Last edited by guangzhao on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Asahi,

Thanks and I genuinely don't mean to bring up past case unnecessarily. Hope you or the mods team can advice the resolution on this matter after the deliberations/mediation between the parties involved.
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 pm

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/20120829225926.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/20120829225933.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/20120829225939.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/20120829230015.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/20120829230039.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/20120829230053.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/20120829230101.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/20120829230113.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/20120829230304.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/20120829230314.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/20120829230331.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/20120829230338.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/20120829230346.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/20120829230357.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/20120829230403.png/

These are the texts if the MODS wanna read.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi Khorkar

From my point of view, this is a private arrangement between the buyer and seller. These points are highlighted:

1. The terms of sale was for all to see. ChrisD mentioned in his post that there is no refund
2. RiverDeity admitted that he did not really check properly behind completing the sale.
3. ChrisD did try to get replacements for the faulty sets. This was confirmed by another party who bought the set from ChrisD.

GaryLin mentioned something about HWZ having a refund policy for resale faulty electronic items. However, pls bear in mind that we are a golf forum. How many electronic items is sold here?

Many electronic stuff also become faulty after a period of time. E.g. some a few mins, hours or days. I am rather surprised why the buyers did not ask ChrisD what happens if their purchased product only works for, lets say, one day? Can he get his money back? If the answer is no, i am even more surprised why they can carry on with the deal? Walk away if you do not feel right.

We, as mods always remind the forumers about Caveat Emptor. Ask as many questions, perform some due diligence when buying a product. Buy from people with a good reputation. Don feel good about the deal? Cancel it.

Last edited by nientsu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Ah... the beauty of technology...
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:38 pm

nientsu wrote:
Hi Khorkar

From my point of view, this is a private arrangement between the buyer and seller. These points are highlighted:

1. The terms of sale was for all to see. ChrisD mentioned in his post that there is no refund
2. RiverDeity admitted that he did not really check properly behind completing the sale.
3. ChrisD did try to get replacements for the faulty sets. This was confirmed by another party who bought the set from ChrisD.

GaryLin mentioned something about HWZ having a refund policy for resale faulty electronic items. However, pls bear in mind that we are a golf forum. How many electronic items is sold here?

Many electronic stuff also become faulty after a period of time. E.g. some a few mins, hours or days. I am rather surprised why the buyers did not ask ChrisD if what happens if their purchsed product only works for, lets say, one day? Can he get his money back? If the answer is no, i am even more surprised why they can carry on with the deal? Walk away if you do not feel right.

We, as mods always reminds the forumers about Caveat Emptor. Ask as many questions, perform some due diligence when buying a product. Buy from people with a good reputation. Don feel good about the deal? Cancel it.

Well said, well said, well said....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Nientsu,

My comments in return and I do not side buyers or seller. I see it as it is and post it as it is.

- I believe the caveat on each post is subjected to edit and whether the post exist or whether it is debatable.
- Where a check is perform on a device is subject to onus of the buyer, in this case, buyer provided proof that he did in and his action has nullified the comment that he didnt check where his action where has submitted in SMS post shows that he did.
- Seller has not provided proof he provide replacements nor has he shown otherwise.

What garylin done as an example in another forum does not provide a decisive example of the action in this forum. As per other closer example given in on indo seller in GR, it was not acceptable example as it was deemed irrelevant.

Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 pm

nientsu wrote:
Hi Khorkar

Many electronic stuff also become faulty after a period of time. E.g. some a few mins, hours or days. I am rather surprised why the buyers did not ask ChrisD what happens if their purchased product only works for, lets say, one day? Can he get his money back? If the answer is no, i am even more surprised why they can carry on with the deal? Walk away if you do not feel right.

We, as mods always remind the forumers about Caveat Emptor. Ask as many questions, perform some due diligence when buying a product. Buy from people with a good reputation. Don feel good about the deal? Cancel it.

Hmmm.... so is it a private transaction that MOD should not comment or does MOD has a view on this?
Seems like MOD has a view....... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:53 pm

I am reminded that the comments given is that it is protecting seller than the buyer. If buyer has done the diligence to check and commit to the sale. He can still be shammed into the sale. If he doesn't, he would be labelled with numerous names i.e. a waste of time and misused of others precious time.

He then pursues the cause to ensure his rights (regardless stated or not) for a refund are being delivered because he believe his purchases are indeed a lemon. Doesnt he is entitled for a rightful refund?

If a refund was delivered, doesn't that resolved this issue?
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 pm

@Khorkar, Given if you have one hour window to be a mod, what would you do?

@riverdeity, it is unfortunate that you have bought a lemon device fr chrisD via GR marketplace. I suggest if you are not open to have the faulty device replaced, you may have to seek proper help such as going to small claims tribunal to claim against chisD. We (mod and admin) will help by locking the thread. As part of the procedures, do note that both your accounts may have to be suspended while official investigation takes place until settlement has been achieved. let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,
Moon
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 am

jeffman88 wrote:
garylin wrote:

yups u r right! Ref: http://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/slw/index.php/headlines/12870-retailers-gear-up-for-lemon-law?utm_source=web%20subscription&utm_medium=web
Singapore's 'Lemon Law' was passed in Parliament 09 Mar 2012 to be enforced 1 Sep 2012.
Lemon laws refer to laws protecting consumers against defective goods that fail to conform to contract, or meet satisfactory quality or performance standards at the time of purchase, colloquially known as "lemons".

But not sure if it covers private transactions as it specifically refers to retailers.

Yes Bro, such law applies to registered business and company.

Taking this scenario for instance: If Tiger Woods sold his putter to Ernie Else, and later Ernie found out the putter cover already worn out and wanted to return and demand for refund. Tiger said he would talk to factory and get replacement. But Ernie can't wait coz he missed cut and had to leave early. Thus he pushed Tiger for cash. Then how? Follow which country's law? US or South Africa?
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 am

MOD, I am really sorry but your comments has errors!

1) ChrisD post did not indicate NO REFUNDS.... he mentioned it in the SMS. (Or did I missed out on in his WTS post?).
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t19012-wts-game-improvement-device-golfsense?highlight=golfsense

2) I've done many BUYS and SELLS in this forum, and personally I will not check so much as I trust ppl in the forum. And I also told my many buyers that we are from the forum, anything just call me! I buy many items which is just pick & go as I'm always rushing. (PLS ELIMINATE UNETHICAL EBAY STYLE SELLING HERE) (I am not concluding ChrisD is one, pls)

Anyway, feel for River as I did considering buying but the product seems to simplistic for its function.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying an item from chrisD   Today at 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Buying an item from chrisD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next