Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

New FTs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: New FTs   Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:02 pm

ROFL
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 am

i dont get this one
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 am

From the orang utans point of view... our new Pandas from China are FTs? Hmmm... are the orang utans themselves local in the first place? thought they are from Indon?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
From the orang utans point of view... our new Pandas from China are FTs? Hmmm... are the orang utans themselves local in the first place? thought they are from Indon?

same thing bro,

our forefathers are too from China... our indian bros, from india, only our malay bros are somewhat native.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 am

bogeyman72 wrote:

I guess the offsprings of the original first batch of orang utans are already local, but e.g. Ah Meng was smuggled from Sumatera

the pandas are here to attract more visitors to the zoo (or even to singapore). hopefully increased revenues for the zoo and better food and care for the orang utans and other animals. the pandas also create new jobs at the zoo because now they need panda keeper, unless they hire a keeper from Sichuan province directly Smile

maybe the other zoo employees can get a raise too if the pandas turn out to be a major hit
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am

well thot out views! +1!!!

pushslice wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

I guess the offsprings of the original first batch of orang utans are already local, but e.g. Ah Meng was smuggled from Sumatera

the pandas are here to attract more visitors to the zoo (or even to singapore). hopefully increased revenues for the zoo and better food and care for the orang utans and other animals. the pandas also create new jobs at the zoo because now they need panda keeper, unless they hire a keeper from Sichuan province directly Smile

maybe the other zoo employees can get a raise too if the pandas turn out to be a major hit
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:27 am

pushslice wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

haha pushslice very good explanation.. me didnt know ah meng was smuggled in from Sumatra.. (interesting bit of trivia there!)
i m also wondering where the pandas are getting their special bamboo diet from.. must be quite ex to fresh import daily from China... wonder if that species of bamboo can be grown and cultivated by NParks @ Gardens by the Bay...

Yups agree the extra revenue collected shd contribute to the overall welfare of the rest of the denizens there from orangutans and other animals and of course all our buayas and buayees trolling there too... lol
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

nrafee wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

same thing bro,

our forefathers are too from China... our indian bros, from india, only our malay bros are somewhat native.

I think the Malays are not the actual native. The aborigines are the indigenous people. Malay race are created from cross race marriage between the early settlers from Middle East and the Aborigines.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 am

i think we need an anthropologist in here......STAT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 am

My God! That's humorous. Laughing
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am

erm actually it was religion that came from the middle east traders. The sea gypsies known as Orang Laut actually had its origins further up north, and they orginally held very animalistic beliefs. Use google, i'm sure they will have more detailed info Smile I forgot nearly everything i learned about SEA anthro and soci already......
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am

Recall discussing once "Malays", "Filipinos", "Austronesians", "Melanesians", "Polynesians" etc. are one and the same people - Malayu people. Some even say they were originally from the aboriginal tribes of Taiwan. Good read here to figure out where we came from: http://pl.net/~keithr/rfc2001113OriginsEden.html
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:50 am

This thread is providing a very interesting read! +1! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New FTs   Today at 8:44 pm

Back to top Go down

New FTs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Jokes & Humours-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.