Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wentworth Golf Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 am

This course was played on the 2nd day after Walton Heath.. Likewise, I emailed them and made a booking.. I couldn't get the ever popular West course, but I managed to secure Edinburgh course, supposedly 4+ star course after West...

The drive into the course itself was already an experience... You could feel you are going into a real private prestigious club.. This was also where BMW and HSBC Matchplay was played previously..

The ground was huge and breathtaking.. Was running late thus please visit their website http://www.wentworthclub.com/club/

After registration and paying Gbp165 at the Pro shop, I was advised that the range was just outside and the balls are free !!

It has the same auto ball dispensing system.. You don't need range cards or whatever tokens.. Just walk there and hit the balls..

They also have outdoor bays instead of indoor mats..

At the starter point, you register again and there was aplenty of wooden tees, ball markers plus score cards and even green markings and yardages.. All free of course..

!st tee box, I was already bought over.. Haha..

The Edinburgh course is similar to the West course, in that being narrow and long.. But, all the holes are flanked by beautiful trees

To make it even more memorable, was the half way house.. You get freshly cooked beef sandwich and hot coffee served by a young beautiful Romanian lady Kristhine..

Par 3 135m hole, similarly beautiful with lots of trees surrounding the green.. Almost everybody pulled the trolley on the course with some younger guys carrying their stand bags.. Trolley rental was Gbp5.

One thing I noted, was the time gap between the flights.. I overheard it was at least 12 minutes, thus throughout the whole 18 holes, I didn't have to wait for the 4 balls flight in front even though I was playing alone.. In fact, I didn't see the golfers behind as well !! lol!

Some moments, I wondered whether I was the only one on the course !!

The course exercises pretty strict club rules, such as no caps inside the club floor.. They have beautiful outdoor dining area but I won't recommend the food there.. Beer was perfect..

The locker room was classical.. Sofa and table in front of the TV set, you can just imagine Nick Faldo sitting inside the locker room looking on the rest of the returning players...

Overall, this course though slightly more expensive than Walton Heath, it was all worth the hassle and 1 hour drive to the South West of Central London..

The fairway condition was as good as TMCC Garden, the green immaculate and fast, speed was about 10 estimated.. No complains.. Just a pity I had to go shopping with wife the next day though Laughing

No doubt I would play here again..

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 am

Wow bro, you get to play wentworth, respect, man! Thanks for sharing

Btw, So what did you say to the halfway house lady to ask for pic? "uh my frens in Sg will not believe me that the halfway house here is manned by a Romanian beauty. So may I take a pic please just to proof to em..." Laughing
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 am

pocketace wrote:
Wow bro, you get to play wentworth, respect, man! Thanks for sharing

Btw, So what did you say to the halfway house lady to ask for pic? "uh my frens in Sg will not believe me that the halfway house here is manned by a Romanian beauty. So may I take a pic please just to proof to em..." Laughing

No bro.. We chatted.. And I told her she was beautiful, any thought of coming to Singapore.... lol!

She is keen to do modeling... Anybody any lobang for her ??? cheers

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:01 am

Very nice bro. thanks for sharing cheers

Modeling ? Let me call my friends 1st Very Happy
Back to top Go down
randall
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 am

chien wrote:
This course was played on the 2nd day after Walton Heath.. Likewise, I emailed them and made a booking.. I couldn't get the ever popular West course, but I managed to secure Edinburgh course, supposedly 4+ star course after West...

The drive into the course itself was already an experience... You could feel you are going into a real private prestigious club.. This was also where BMW and HSBC Matchplay was played previously..

The ground was huge and breathtaking.. Was running late thus please visit their website http://www.wentworthclub.com/club/

After registration and paying Gbp165 at the Pro shop, I was advised that the range was just outside and the balls are free !!

It has the same auto ball dispensing system.. You don't need range cards or whatever tokens.. Just walk there and hit the balls..

They also have outdoor bays instead of indoor mats..

At the starter point, you register again and there was aplenty of wooden tees, ball markers plus score cards and even green markings and yardages.. All free of course..

!st tee box, I was already bought over.. Haha..

The Edinburgh course is similar to the West course, in that being narrow and long.. But, all the holes are flanked by beautiful trees

To make it even more memorable, was the half way house.. You get freshly cooked beef sandwich and hot coffee served by a young beautiful Romanian lady Kristhine..

Par 3 135m hole, similarly beautiful with lots of trees surrounding the green.. Almost everybody pulled the trolley on the course with some younger guys carrying their stand bags.. Trolley rental was Gbp5.

One thing I noted, was the time gap between the flights.. I overheard it was at least 12 minutes, thus throughout the whole 18 holes, I didn't have to wait for the 4 balls flight in front even though I was playing alone.. In fact, I didn't see the golfers behind as well !! lol!

Some moments, I wondered whether I was the only one on the course !!

The course exercises pretty strict club rules, such as no caps inside the club floor.. They have beautiful outdoor dining area but I won't recommend the food there.. Beer was perfect..

The locker room was classical.. Sofa and table in front of the TV set, you can just imagine Nick Faldo sitting inside the locker room looking on the rest of the returning players...

Overall, this course though slightly more expensive than Walton Heath, it was all worth the hassle and 1 hour drive to the South West of Central London..

The fairway condition was as good as TMCC Garden, the green immaculate and fast, speed was about 10 estimated.. No complains.. Just a pity I had to go shopping with wife the next day though Laughing

No doubt I would play here again..

Hi chien,

Just to check if The Edinburgh course open during 26 Dec- 2 Jan? I will be making a trip there during that period.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 am

HI Randall

I am really not sure, best is to email them directly at

reception@wentworthclub.com

They are a lot more responsive than Sunningdale..

cheers

Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 am

very nice....the driving range is very impressive.

GBP 165 is rather steep though. If I remember correctly, St Andrews only GBP 150 (excluding caddy)
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:57 am

Bro @Chien.... so...that is where you disappeared to. Glad you had fun... weather must be damn good now. The cap in the club house thingy actually applies to most respectable club houses (just like wearing a beret into the officer's mess)... you may be made to buy a round if you forget Smile ... you traveling up north to Scotland???... many many good courses there.

Bro @Randall... better not play in the UK during your trip there from 26Dec-2Jan.... It is Winter time and winter greens / mats may be used which will spoil the whole experience (not to mention possible rock solid fairways... good for 300m drives, but not good for anything else)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wentworth Golf Club   Today at 12:39 am

Back to top Go down

Wentworth Golf Club
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1