Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 how far do you hit with your 5-iron?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:27 pm

how far?

cant seem to be able to cross 150m.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:33 pm

I dun know... don't have one Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 pm

LousyGolfer wrote:
I dun know... don't have one Smile

LOL!

I can get to 150m. But I've since kept the 5i and replaced it with a 5H.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 39
Location : east

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:35 pm

i only use 5i on the range and usually end up very unhappy.....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm

2 meter
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm

this is demoralising...
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:40 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
this is demoralising...

Bro... dun be demoralized... even our Seasoned "beginner" is hitting it only 2m... I recall you should be able to do much better than that...

Or you could just swap a 5i with a hybrid....

Hit far far.... no use one...kenna OB and lose $$$... trust me No No No


Last edited by LousyGolfer on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 398
Join date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:40 pm

170m - if I hit it swee swee
150m - if not so swee
100m - if I top it
50m - if I duff it

Hope this lift up your morale... Very Happy What a Face
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 pm

LousyGolfer wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
this is demoralising...

Bro... dun be demoralized... even our Seasoned "beginner" is hitting it only 2m... I recall you should be able to do much better than that...

Or you could just swap a 5i with a hybrid....

Hit far far.... no use one...kenna OB and lose $$$... trust me No No No


yaa when im using my nike blades.. now ah... hahaha maybe 5m... 3m more than duval..
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:
170m - if I hit it swee swee
Hope this lift up your morale... Very Happy What a Face

Erm.... you lifting his morale or thrashing it??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 pm

LousyGolfer wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:
170m - if I hit it swee swee
Hope this lift up your morale... Very Happy What a Face

Erm.... you lifting his morale or thrashing it??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

i ask ah

where should the ball position be?

Left feet, middle or right feet?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 398
Join date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

LousyGolfer wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:
170m - if I hit it swee swee
Hope this lift up your morale... Very Happy What a Face

Erm.... you lifting his morale or thrashing it??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

He should be happy if his 5i is regularly 150m, better than my irregular 50m to 170m... right?
Which is more frustrating? What a Face
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:59 pm

mine is 140m if swee swee .... at range only.

no confident to use on course yet, too much buaya around to even think about taking out my 5i, its almost equal to suicide ...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Quote :
andrew-golf wrote:
LousyGolfer wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
this is demoralising...

Bro... dun be demoralized... even our Seasoned "beginner" is hitting it only 2m... I recall you should be able to do much better than that...

Or you could just swap a 5i with a hybrid....

Hit far far.... no use one...kenna OB and lose $$$... trust me No No No


yaa when im using my nike blades.. now ah... hahaha maybe 5m... 3m more than duval..

wah ...brudder....looks like its time for us to play together liao....since you are only 3m ahead of me.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 pm

I m mo concerned with my accuracy than distance.

I put my hybrid aside. I play 3 n 4 iron, just like Tiger Woods. Act macho n always pay money. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:41 pm

My distances,

off the tee 158m carry, 163m total.

off the fairway 155m carry, 158-159m total.

off the rough 150-152 carry(depends on lie).

based assumption on average distance and off a reasonable swing.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:31 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
how far?

cant seem to be able to cross 150m.. Embarassed


something tells me this is not abt how far u are hitting your 5i.....

but u know me, i always think too much.....

which can b a bad thing sometimes...

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

eiji wrote:
My distances,

off the tee 158m carry, 163m total.

off the fairway 155m carry, 158-159m total.

off the rough 150-152 carry(depends on lie).

based assumption on average distance and off a reasonable swing.

Eiji, how come it's so precise?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Technospaz wrote:
eiji wrote:
My distances,

off the tee 158m carry, 163m total.

off the fairway 155m carry, 158-159m total.

off the rough 150-152 carry(depends on lie).

based assumption on average distance and off a reasonable swing.

Eiji, how come it's so precise?

cause i dial in my distances...i always take my average/good shots with irons and notice how far the land on the green or off the green. over time average them out and use it for my own reference, so that i can better select my clubs. helps in course management.

i write them on my scorecards when i can find the time, go home and compile a small note book. the carry and total may not be extremely accurate, but base on where i see the ball land and how much roll i get. of course sometimes must factor in the lay of the green, upslope or downslope on the green.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm

eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
eiji wrote:
My distances,

off the tee 158m carry, 163m total.

off the fairway 155m carry, 158-159m total.

off the rough 150-152 carry(depends on lie).

based assumption on average distance and off a reasonable swing.

Eiji, how come it's so precise?

cause i dial in my distances...i always take my average/good shots with irons and notice how far the land on the green or off the green. over time average them out and use it for my own reference, so that i can better select my clubs. helps in course management.

i write them on my scorecards when i can find the time, go home and compile a small note book. the carry and total may not be extremely accurate, but base on where i see the ball land and how much roll i get. of course sometimes must factor in the lay of the green, upslope or downslope on the green.

Eiji

Thou not worthy........u good!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm

eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
eiji wrote:
My distances,

off the tee 158m carry, 163m total.

off the fairway 155m carry, 158-159m total.

off the rough 150-152 carry(depends on lie).

based assumption on average distance and off a reasonable swing.

Eiji, how come it's so precise?

cause i dial in my distances...i always take my average/good shots with irons and notice how far the land on the green or off the green. over time average them out and use it for my own reference, so that i can better select my clubs. helps in course management.

i write them on my scorecards when i can find the time, go home and compile a small note book. the carry and total may not be extremely accurate, but base on where i see the ball land and how much roll i get. of course sometimes must factor in the lay of the green, upslope or downslope on the green.

Wow.

I just play and pray.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:
LousyGolfer wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:
170m - if I hit it swee swee
Hope this lift up your morale... Very Happy What a Face

Erm.... you lifting his morale or thrashing it??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

He should be happy if his 5i is regularly 150m, better than my irregular 50m to 170m... right?
Which is more frustrating? What a Face


I think he is most frustrated when he sees me hit an 8i after he hits his 5i....

.,,,,
,,,,
,,,

damn.... I must be dreaming as I type Sleep Sleep Sleep ... must wake up to reality now (slap myself on face)
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Technospaz wrote:


Wow.

I just play and pray.

Wah... juz like me.... just tat I have one more last step....

play, pray, shout "FORE"!!!
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 499
Join date : 2011-07-17
Location : under some tree...

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:57 pm

slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
how far?

cant seem to be able to cross 150m.. Embarassed


something tells me this is not abt how far u are hitting your 5i.....

but u know me, i always think too much.....

which can b a bad thing sometimes...

What a Face

Oh I see..... Thanks for the enlightenment. Did not think that deep,,, but you know me.... LAZY to think!!!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Lousy golfer

I remember that airforce hole 5. I use 5i and pin high.

U use 8i and front of green

All kind of bad words r in my mind and i didnt say out.

I tell myself this lousy golfer si bei how lian. Use 8i


Wahahahahaha

By the way. Can your 8i carry 160m?

GR too peaceful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: how far do you hit with your 5-iron?   Today at 3:25 am

Back to top Go down
 
how far do you hit with your 5-iron?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nakashima
» Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
» Engine blocks recycle
» New to golf
» Positioning the club face for different irons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Tips & Tricks-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.