Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Anyone familiar with public courses ( cart/buggy allowed) around Pudong area, appreciate your recommendations; looking at USD70/ball. Thx
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 am

Easiest one is Binhai GC, which is a link course 20 minutes from the airport so you can tee off morning and take the 4pm flight back to Singapore, like I used to do.

It's open to visitors, I used to pay rmb 600+ on weekday, green fee only. It's walking course.

I'm not sure if you can find any golf course in Shanghai for USD70 per game.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 am

@freedrop is right. Binhai is your best bet. Green fees in SH are very expensive and have gone up again in fall as the weather cools. Expect to pay around RMB1,100 (US$175) for weekends. Weekdays, am not certain but I think we are still looking at around RMB600 (US$95).
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks, Freedrop and Stingray. Yea, expected the fee to be ard that range. Walking course is no no or me given the current weather, not much different from here. Will start wobbling at address after few holes. Thx
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 am

Don't underestimate yourself, it's a very flat course and easy walk. There will be caddies to take care of your clubs so it's more like a casual walk.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:28 am

@IGT weather is cooling off. Was around 24C when I was there last week. Thus the recent seasonal increase in green fees. Happy golfing.
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:42 am

@IGT, you can try Thomson Golf Course and Shanghai Links (both in Pudong). however gone are the rmb550 - rmb 650 days. Be expecting to pay around rmb700 - rmb800 for weekdays and >rmb1000 for weekends.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 am

@boboking If we are thinking about the same Tomson GC, I believe it's strictly for members only during weekends. Need a member to bring you in. As for wkdays, need to check. Think the wkend fees are easily >RMB1,200 now. Shocked

Yes, Shanghai Links is another good option.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am

Tomson on weekday for walk in visitors will be rmb 900+.

Shanghai link is cheaper for visitors.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am

Binhai is good recommendation but not cheap, try Lake Malaren as well, you can google it

another one to try is Hong Qiao Golf course, it is in the city and only 9holes, good to train up as its pure walking with caddy

with the cooling weather in SHA now, walking is best!!
Back to top Go down
fastquattro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 am

As it is, golfing in Shanghai is no longer cheap and weekend is packed. Mclaren and Shanghai Links is highly recommended. Sheshan is great but need member to bring in. Tomson is over rated and priced. Sun Island is great value. I played in all of them many times and alway enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:15 am

ralphlim wrote:
Binhai is good recommendation but not cheap, try Lake Malaren as well, you can google it

another one to try is Hong Qiao Golf course, it is in the city and only 9holes, good to train up as its pure walking with caddy

I'm surprised Lake Malaren can be cheaper than Binhai? Malaren is a membership club and I know it's more expensive for visitors, unless you have members sign you in. I have played both. Besides Malaren is not in Pudong.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

freedrop wrote:
ralphlim wrote:

I'm surprised Lake Malaren can be cheaper than Binhai? Malaren is a membership club and I know it's more expensive for visitors, unless you have members sign you in. I have played both. Besides Malaren is not in Pudong.

dude
i never said Malaren was cheaper than Binhai nor did i say its in Pudong, it was just a recommendation to try
no harm sharing recommendations right
chill lah
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks to all - Freedrop, Stingray, Boboking, Ralph and Fastquattro...for sharing of info.

This is the beuty of the forum!

Have been to Hong Qiao, probably the nearest. Only chilled out at the range. Should give a try walking 9 holes this trip. Think the next option would be Shanghai Link. Will google for more info.

Again, thx, appreciate the time taken to share!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Does anyone know of golf agents who can help with the booking? I am making a trip this coming Sat and plan to play on Sunday afternoon. I will be staying near the Bund and wondering which course will allow visitors for weekend play. Prefer 18 holes courses.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Nutty

you can try this number: +86 4008881872

They are a golf agent company based in Hunan (cant rem company name), but they have branches all over SHA, PEK etc

They can help you to book golf game in courses all over CN and even in HKG, with special rates as well

you dont need to sign up or pay anything to them, just call them and ask for 18h rates for any course you wish to play in SHA, then you can go to the golf course website and compare if it is cheaper, if yes, then ask them book for you

I have used them previously when i played in Changsha, give it a try, pm me if you have any problems.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm

The Hunan website is called 1872 (means 18 holes, 72 strokes).

Their website is : http://www.1872.net/Index.New/

You can check their prices online for various courses in China on specific dates.

One trick for booking golf in China. Sometimes you can go to those local golf shops nearby the courses you want to play, and ask them if they have discounted green fee vouchers. Those are much cheaper than visitors rates you get online or from the golf courses, by as much as 30-50%.

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:33 pm

hi Ralph, thank you very much for the info. I will certainly try them out.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:37 pm

hi Freedrop, thank you for the link. Unfortunately I got a server error when I clicked on Course Reservation. I guess I will have to call them to enquire about tee time.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Bro, alternatively, you may try calling Danielle (+8613801879189), a fren of mine.
Her office is in Hong Qiao Golf Club (30 mins drive from Bund). They arrange golf tour, tee time bookings and etc ard china and internationally.

Give her a call, mention "Francis" will get some discount. Very Happy
If she is free, she may join you too, if you are keen.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 pm

nutty88 wrote:
hi Freedrop, thank you for the link. Unfortunately I got a server error when I clicked on Course Reservation. I guess I will have to call them to enquire about tee time.

Ifr you are in China now, use the 400 number to call. You can try their servers again tomorrow to see if it's recovered.

My contact there was Miss Ouyang Ling, 134-6751-1905. But I have not used their service for a long while so can't guarantee she is still there.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Thank you IGT & Freedrop. I will call them when I am back in Singapore on Thur. Hopefully it is not too late to secure the tee time for Sunday
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Thank you IGT & Freedrop. I will call them when I am back in Singapore on Thur. Hopefully it is not too late to secure the tee time for Sunday

I will be in Shanghai Nov 14-19, and will play at least one game in Pudong area, most likely Nov 19 tee off early morning at Binhai, and then take the SQ flight at 4:20pm back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls   Today at 5:44 am

Back to top Go down

Golfing in Shanghai.......recommendations pls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1