Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Austin Heights JB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Hello guys, anyone tried the course at Austin Heights recently?
Havent seen anythong much about Austin Heights course in this forum...
Any reviews on there, except there is no pro shop and no lights at night.... pale
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 pm

greenteaz wrote:
Hello guys, anyone tried the course at Austin Heights recently?
Havent seen anythong much about Austin Heights course in this forum...
Any reviews on there, except there is no pro shop and no lights at night.... pale
Used to be known as austin hill. Fairway is cow grass. It's been long time since I played there terrible conditon back then. Why Austin?
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:46 pm

The condition is really terrible.

Try starhill or pondorosa, alot better.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 pm

enwee wrote:
greenteaz wrote:
Hello guys, anyone tried the course at Austin Heights recently?
Havent seen anythong much about Austin Heights course in this forum...
Any reviews on there, except there is no pro shop and no lights at night.... pale
Used to be known as austin hill. Fairway is cow grass. It's been long time since I played there terrible conditon back then. Why Austin?

Because its cheap, good for me to go learn before going to the expensive ones... Razz
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:58 pm

greenteaz wrote:
enwee wrote:
greenteaz wrote:
Hello guys, anyone tried the course at Austin Heights recently?
Havent seen anythong much about Austin Heights course in this forum...
Any reviews on there, except there is no pro shop and no lights at night.... pale
Used to be known as austin hill. Fairway is cow grass. It's been long time since I played there terrible conditon back then. Why Austin?

Because its cheap, good for me to go learn before going to the expensive ones... Razz
Actually wkdays a lot of golf courses in JB are reasonably cheap. Like Palm villa only SGD 25, condition definitely better than Austin. With the opening of the new highway, Puteri is also now not to far and price reasonable as well. The only one I think it's ex now is Horizon Hill.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:00 pm

The problem is this... i only know how to go Taman Sentosa, KSL, Austin only.......
LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm

greenteaz wrote:
The problem is this... i only know how to go Taman Sentosa, KSL, Austin only.......
LOL!!!!!
Ponderosa and JGCC is the easier to go. Now puteri also, only 1 straight road down. U'll not missed it.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I shall whatsapp you when time is nearer.. better still..meet up chat also can bounce
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

greenteaz wrote:
I shall whatsapp you when time is nearer.. better still..meet up chat also can bounce
Sure...btw just piece of advice, don't go sentosa so often lah, even local warn me abt that place.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:49 pm

??? What's wrong there???
I normally at Austin.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

greenteaz wrote:
??? What's wrong there???
I normally at Austin.
Oh...Taman sentosa? That place got a lot car breaking case...especially sg cars.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm

greenteaz wrote:
??? What's wrong there???
I normally at Austin.

Yea...wats wrong over at this course? Rolling Eyes
Been playg there almost every Sun fr years n i can only say its tough at certain pt bt Cheap. Wink
Base it as a traing ground was ideal fr me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:08 pm

enwee wrote:
greenteaz wrote:
??? What's wrong there???
I normally at Austin.
Oh...Taman sentosa? That place got a lot car breaking case...especially sg cars.
Wah!!!!!!!!!! Must park beside you then safe.
Where do you normally gO for food?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:04 pm

greenteaz wrote:
enwee wrote:
greenteaz wrote:
??? What's wrong there???
I normally at Austin.
Oh...Taman sentosa? That place got a lot car breaking case...especially sg cars.
Wah!!!!!!!!!! Must park beside you then safe.
Where do you normally gO for food?
Depending on where I play lor.....seldom play in JB now. Puteri good place to eat is permas jaya..
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 34
Location : Singapore / Johor

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 pm

If you are come to Austin on Saturday morning most probably I will be at their driving range practicing. Feel free to come to say hi...
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 pm

wont be there in morning =)
lets arrange one day
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Dear greenteaz,

I use to be a term member at Austin hill, they have 36 holes, austin and hill course, very scenic and challenging. After a very heavy down pour, there was a land slide at one of the 9 hole, they close one 9. So left 27 holes to play, condition still ok, than around the courses, developers start building houses around the courses, they cut down trees and deforest the whole area, so when it rains, all water channel into the golf course, the condition was quite bad. So they close another 9 hole, and we left 18 to play, one and a half years back a new management bought over this place and call it Austin height, they are rebuilding a new 18 hole, and claim to be as good as horizon hill, right now they are in the making of new 18 holes, so for now, there is only 9 holes for you to play. Is cheap, but you have to play 9 hole x 2 round, not sure the condition, cos more than 6 month never play there. Good luck to you. Maybe after you play there, can tell us how is the condition. Hahaha....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:18 am

Suzuki wrote:
Dear greenteaz,

I use to be a term member at Austin hill, they have 36 holes, austin and hill course, very scenic and challenging. After a very heavy down pour, there was a land slide at one of the 9 hole, they close one 9. So left 27 holes to play, condition still ok, than around the courses, developers start building houses around the courses, they cut down trees and deforest the whole area, so when it rains, all water channel into the golf course, the condition was quite bad. So they close another 9 hole, and we left 18 to play, one and a half years back a new management bought over this place and call it Austin height, they are rebuilding a new 18 hole, and claim to be as good as horizon hill, right now they are in the making of new 18 holes, so for now, there is only 9 holes for you to play. Is cheap, but you have to play 9 hole x 2 round, not sure the condition, cos more than 6 month never play there. Good luck to you. Maybe after you play there, can tell us how is the condition. Hahaha....

Exactly, suzuki san. Wink
Otherwise it s a veri challengg 36holes course. Cool
Hehehe....i m a member still but hardly game there bcoz kaki almost all gone! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 am

The 9 holes now is full of cow grass. ant nest all over the tee box.
The greens are just like fairway.
And there was an explosion near hole 3 at the construction..... pale
The male toilet closed at 8... only the female toilet open....
No pro shop.
No lights at night.
But its cheap for begineers like me to start Razz
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 34
Location : Singapore / Johor

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:52 am

greenteaz wrote:
The 9 holes now is full of cow grass. ant nest all over the tee box.
The greens are just like fairway.
And there was an explosion near hole 3 at the construction..... pale
The male toilet closed at 8... only the female toilet open....
No pro shop.
No lights at night.
But its cheap for begineers like me to start Razz

The so called pro shop is outside at the range, the PIC is actually the same as Daiman 18 Transview Golf Mr. Tan.

Female toilet only? affraid Hopefully will only bump into pretty lady golfer... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 am

The staff there call that a repair shop...LOL!!!!!
at 8pm, the place is so empty................
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:04 am

Hahaha... Might be haunted...
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 666
Join date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 am

Let's wait patiently for the new course to open, and we can gather there again.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

Please don't open so fast. Else the price goes up, or a lot people start coming. Then I no place train le.
Back to top Go down
teapotz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:36 pm

yea.. we beginner golfers shld go there to gather one day to exchange pointers~~ =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Austin Heights JB   Today at 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Austin Heights JB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Austin Heights JB
» SANDALWOOD heights will be Great nex year?
» Daiman 18 or Austin Hill on 12th Dec (Sat) Morning game
» ali khattak from scarlett heights
» Huron Heights One Day

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Overseas Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.