Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Speaking abt grips, seb, I got a friend who only uses ribbed grips even for wedges and from what I know his driver always set to a way where the face is always open. Also I understand that grips come in different wt as well, so how u determine which is suitable for u?
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 565
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:39 pm

hi all is there a standard way of how to grip a iron? I was told most impt is you are comfortable with how you grip and give you proper backswing...??
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm

SigmaOne - "Many new or old golfers had buy new sets of irons off the rack, and didnt realize the grips are not in the right size (not suitable to them)."

@Essentiale - Wouldn't "standard" sizing mean it fits the majority? By your good friend SigmaOne's above statement, he is saying "standard" size grips fit a minority. Then why call them "standard"?

So again, explain to me how correct SigmaOne is?

Forgive me for assuming that SigmaOne is your good friend, I can only come to that conclusion since you sing praises of how his fitting has lifted your game and made you "crazy long" as you say.

Nothing wrong then in having your post skewed favourably in his favour. I accept that.

Please then accept that as a marshall, I have the interests of Golf Republic at heart, and would understandably be in favour of GR and would protect its interests and golfers. Peace

By the way, thank you for posting on behalf of SigmaOne the quick check that golfers can do at home to see if their grips are of the correct static size. Forgive me for the slight modification in the text.

"The correct grip size to me is such that when you grip the club with your left hand, your middle and ring fingers are just barely touching the fleshy part of your palm (below the thumb)."


Last edited by Birdman on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm

[quote="pushslice"]so if i keep Hooking it, is it because my grip is too small or because my alignment or because i swing too much from the inside? How does a fitter tell?

Bro, F the grip. Try this first as it works for me.
In yr downswing
1) Right elbow tuck against body on downswing
2) Plant your left foot firmly

With good lag and timely release, you would probably see greater power too.

Let us know.


 
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 pm

danielleecm wrote:
hi all is there a standard way of how to grip a iron? I was told most impt is you are comfortable with how you grip and give you proper backswing...??

Yes there is a recommended way of how to grip, you might want to search it out on YouTube to see how it's done. Very Happy

Comfort is relative to each individual and is not quite the correct guide.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm

[quote="IGT"]
pushslice wrote:
so if i keep Hooking it, is it because my grip is too small or because my alignment or because i swing too much from the inside? How does a fitter tell?

Bro, F the grip. Try this first as it works for me.
In yr downswing
1) Right elbow tuck against body on downswing
2) Plant your left foot firmly

With good lag and timely release, you would probably see greater power too.

Let us know.


 

tucking in right elbow thingy on the back swing is the big change after I was push slicing real bad 2-3 yrs back (hence the nickname). now I hit draw half the time and but sometimes overcooked it.

I will F the grip Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm

pushslice wrote:
I will F the grip Laughing


erm... okkkk....

got a rough idea how big your member could actually be....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:09 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
pushslice wrote:
I will F the grip Laughing


erm... okkkk....

got a rough idea how big your member could actually be....

super stroke grip? you are OT king today...where's DUFFY!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:17 pm

pushslice wrote:
where's DUFFY!!! Razz

not wasting his time.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

SigmaOne wrote:
Most clubs sell in standard grip sizes. They maybe recommended for the average golfers but not necessary suitable or comfortable to you. Some retailers may offer to change them to the right sizes for u if u know and if u ask for it . Do find out from yr coaches, or friends if u do not have a coach what will be the best.


SigmaOne,

Thank you for the clarification.

You forgot to add a good clubfitter apart from coach and friends. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 208
Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 pm

@pushslice: hi, actually i was there to change out my shaft, the club was just lying there and i took it and gave it a few hits for fun. was quite amazed that it went so long on the flightscope, no idea how it is on course as i don't own the club. the feel was really solid though, i guess the japanese premium clubs are premium for a reason.

@nutty88: hi, i agree with you. just saying the effects of what a smaller grip would have on the result. of course the other factors as you mention also come into play.

@Birdman: hi, i agree with what he says, that clubs bought off the rack may come with a grip size which is not suitable for the golfer. maybe assume less next time because as i am not Sigma's friend nor has he helped me with any distance gain. I've been to his shop once, and liked the work he and eugene did for me. the shaft i switched out was my old shaft from another driver i sold. Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?   Today at 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Are your clubs fitted properly (to you) ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Club Fitting - what does it entail?
» New Fitted Clubs OR Used Fitted Clubs
» Honma Clubs, good ?
» How low do you grip your golf club?
» Mizuno clubs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.