Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 am

Shd we not think or recollect what the coach said? Or try to remember what we did right the last time before we take that initial swing?
I do that and often times mishit and ended up having to take a mulligan... Sad
Or shd we clear our minds, just align to target, take up address, take a deep breath and simply n intuitively hit the ball?

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 am

ROFLOL!!!!

+1 Post Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 am

Neutral If think too much, I start to feel awkward, lose confidence and anyhow hit.

Such disrepect to the dear ball. Me bad!! White Flag haizZzzz ...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 am

Bro jeff, gd findg n nice diagram!! Wink
Wow....so....complicated, think I ll quit golf hor. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:33 am

There was one saturday morning when I was at Green Fairway range and Lee (lady coach) was giving lessons. I overheard her saying to the students that they should only have 1, at most 2, swing thoughts during the takeaway. She then asked me how many thoughts I have and I replied NONE.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

nutty88 wrote:
There was one saturday morning when I was at Green Fairway range and Lee (lady coach) was giving lessons. I overheard her saying to the students that they should only have 1, at most 2, swing thoughts during the takeaway. She then asked me how many thoughts I have and I replied NONE.

and how did ur swing go? perfect shot of the day? or.....
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 am

i think it all depends on how seasoned a golfer u are. if u are just starting out in the game, u r bound to have a lot of swing thoughts. it's not necessarily a good or bad thing. it's just part of the natural learning process.

but once your swing has stabilised, then you would naturally have less or few swing thoughts.

I try to only have 1 swing thought - focus on making good impact.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am

nutty88 wrote:

Wow, you are strong player Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am

I agreed with bro scottycollector though.

I still remember the time when my coach told me. " Now, from today onward. I want you to forget all that I have taught you for the passed months " and I replied "What ???" scratch

So, now it only one though in my mind " just hit this f**king ball over THERE " usually it work. If I am thinking of " need to hit a fade, a draw or slice this ball THERE" I am going to screw it ...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:58 am

Slicer51 wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

No lah, I forgot to bring my brain along on that day. Or was it a day when I was a nut case? But on a serious note, that was range and I usually don't think much when I swing. On course will be a different story altogether. I will probably think more than what Jeff has posted in his picture. HELP
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:06 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

No lah, I forgot to bring my brain along on that day. Or was it a day when I was a nut case? But on a serious note, that was range and I usually don't think much when I swing. On course will be a different story altogether. I will probably think more than what Jeff has posted in his picture. HELP

bro, some other thoughts golfers often ponder about too asides from what the coach said! LOL

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

and how did ur swing go? perfect shot of the day? or.....

SIGH..... bad as always. don't malu me publicly leh. Beer
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:11 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
bro, some other thoughts golfers often ponder about too asides from what the coach said! LOL

That is why I said when on course, I tend to think too much of the "take me in". lol!
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 pm

I'll think about fundamental ( set up and algnment) mostly as it's the most important part of the swing . I might had another key though if i work on my swing with my coach and we try to achieve something specific with my swing flaw. I'll rehearse it during the practice swing to try just think of the target during the swing
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Similar to how Wuji learn the Taji kungfu from Zhang San Feng lol!

Enjoy

Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 pm

"I am a pro, I hit like a pro"

Otherwise, I just zone in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?   Today at 4:29 am

Back to top Go down

what do u think of when u are about to take that swing?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1