Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
j-sho
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:42 am

Hello bros...would you kind souls please share your opinions on these 2 brands if possible?

I'm a newbie at golf and been looking at getting a driver to add to my iron set.

Which driver would suit a beginner better if I may ask?

Thank you. Surprised
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:48 am

Have you try both of it? Both are ok, but in term of forgivness, I would think the burner is more forgiving. Btw you are talking about the Octane not the Octane Tour?
Back to top Go down
chanwkit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-06-12

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:07 am

Bro j-sho, i am newbie too. I am using TM Burner. This club is very forgiveness compare to R11. But never try Callaway Diablo Octane before.
Back to top Go down
j-sho
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks fellas. Seems like TM is the popular choice here. Honestly have not tried them yet but looking at the prices from GD very tempted. I personally prefer the TM much due to the color of the club.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Both are equally forgiving and suitable for slow swing speed golfers. If one swing easy, the ball will still airborne to reasonable distance. I dislike these drivers because of their closed clubhead face and too much spin.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:21 pm

GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.
Back to top Go down
raylowwl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 109
Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Sorry bro... hijack a bit....what about Cleveland CG Black 265?? Forgiving for newbie?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:09 pm

raylowwl wrote:
Sorry bro... hijack a bit....what about Cleveland CG Black 265?? Forgiving for newbie?
Honestly, cleveland I never try before. But the old cleveland not too forgiving to beginners, from some of my friends experience. So far the only cleveland I still got is the wedge. If u getting cleveland from Pan West. Do have voucher for 5% disc....can give away foc...
Back to top Go down
j-sho
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 pm

enwee wrote:
GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.

But how much difference will it make? Are all J spec more forgiving than US?
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 364
Join date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:01 pm

I would prefer Callaway in term of sound and feel.
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 364
Join date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:03 pm

chanwkit wrote:
Bro j-sho, i am newbie too. I am using TM Burner. This club is very forgiveness compare to R11. But never try Callaway Diablo Octane before.

Agreed. The burner is more forgiving due to its 460cc head as compared to R11 which is 440cc.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:45 pm

j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.

But how much difference will it make? Are all J spec more forgiving than US?
Definitely. J spec the shaft is normally softer and so easier to launch. But TM resales quite low hor....why not go golf bargain get FT9, J spec, good driver.
Btw I played both brand before but like Callaway better..sound more solid also.
Back to top Go down
j-sho
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm

enwee wrote:
j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.

But how much difference will it make? Are all J spec more forgiving than US?
Definitely. J spec the shaft is normally softer and so easier to launch. But TM resales quite low hor....why not go golf bargain get FT9, J spec, good driver.
Btw I played both brand before but like Callaway better..sound more solid also.

where's golf bargain bro?

Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 506
Join date : 2012-09-12
Location : wherever I am, I am

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:44 am

j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.

But how much difference will it make? Are all J spec more forgiving than US?
Definitely. J spec the shaft is normally softer and so easier to launch. But TM resales quite low hor....why not go golf bargain get FT9, J spec, good driver.
Btw I played both brand before but like Callaway better..sound more solid also.

where's golf bargain bro?


Suntec level 3
Back to top Go down
j-sho
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 am

costajos wrote:
j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.

But how much difference will it make? Are all J spec more forgiving than US?
Definitely. J spec the shaft is normally softer and so easier to launch. But TM resales quite low hor....why not go golf bargain get FT9, J spec, good driver.
Btw I played both brand before but like Callaway better..sound more solid also.

where's golf bargain bro?


Suntec level 3

thanks bro....which section is it near? Carrefour?
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 506
Join date : 2012-09-12
Location : wherever I am, I am

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 am

j-sho wrote:
costajos wrote:
j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
j-sho wrote:
enwee wrote:
GD clubs are US spec hor. US spec burner may not be as forgiving as J Spec burner.

But how much difference will it make? Are all J spec more forgiving than US?
Definitely. J spec the shaft is normally softer and so easier to launch. But TM resales quite low hor....why not go golf bargain get FT9, J spec, good driver.
Btw I played both brand before but like Callaway better..sound more solid also.

where's golf bargain bro?


Suntec level 3

thanks bro....which section is it near? Carrefour?

yup above carrefour (or what's left of it) Smile
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 124
Join date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

i had the TM Burner SP 2.0 10.5* stock stiff shaft in my bag for 6mths now. thought it is forgiving but i have been fading and slicing it. obviously, must be my swing BUT i have tried other drivers side-by-side at range and on course, there are definitely easier drivers out there for me. best i have done with this driver was a 230m shot off the tee on a short par4, leaving me with a 30m chip. could never repeat this ever since Sad

the R9 Supertri and even the R11 driver are easier. The R11s and RBZ are not easier for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers   Today at 9:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» TM Burner Superfast 2.0 vs Callaway Diablo Octane - Drivers
» Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Driver & Fwy Wood Combo
» R9 460 or Burner Superfast?
» Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver
» 2010 TM TP Burner Superfast Driver

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.