Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Accept your explanation and let tone down here. No one had mention the name of that forum. We are just giving an example what will happened as we have experience it. It is a good life example if one take it in a different prospective.

I do not mean to be rude too Beer

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 pm

brother Getz and Pak Slicer


tone down..

both of you are nice brothers... i know both of you...

each other dun mean harm...

cheers
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 558
Join date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Accept your explanation and let tone down here. No one had mention the name of that forum. We are just giving an example what will happened as we have experience it. It is a good life example if one take it in a different prospective.

I do not mean to be rude too Beer


No worry bro, we shall have a game if you free some other days.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks Slicer51. We should all be like you. Very Happy

No names were mentioned, as such, there was no need to moderate.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm

BestofTheBest wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Thanks Andrew. Very Happy

He was, wasn't he? ROFL

I saw the movie too.

So Sunny and Moon.... Twisted Evil

Surely that's not the point of your inappropriate joke? Very Happy


define "inappropriate"

Thanks but no thanks Andrew, I've moved on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 130
Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Birdman wrote:
BestofTheBest wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Thanks Andrew. Very Happy

He was, wasn't he? ROFL

I saw the movie too.

So Sunny and Moon.... Twisted Evil

Surely that's not the point of your inappropriate joke? Very Happy


define "inappropriate"

Thanks but no thanks Andrew, I've moved on. Very Happy


great.. just an innocent joke.. thats my point

Cheers to u, hubert

kopi next time ya
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 3575
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Tourswing , I also thought of incorporating minimum membership period but it is too technical to implement as this feature is not supported yet and need too much custom coding. But would definitely implement it once the feature is made available.

For the rest, I guess we have heard enough from those who are passionate enough to voice out.

Let me share something from the bottom of my heart.

It had been a few years since GR was created. Not many people can remember what happened and many new comers do not know much about our history. This is a good opportunity to tell the story.

We exist because another of our favorite forum was shut down by the owner. I don't know about you but I felt lost for a while. I must have refreshed it at least 100 times each day during that period hoping for a miracle. Did I miss Toonshouse? For sure I did. Not because of the forum but because of the friends I had met.

During the early days of GR, we had some issues with the stability of the servers. The forum went offline for hours periodically. I actually have SOS phone calls from many of the old timers here during my client meetings to fix the forum. I do not blame them for interrupting menor calling my phone non-stop. To them it is an emergency, almost a life and death situation for these friends can't live without our humble forum. I feel likewise too. But what do I miss about the forum? Nothing to do with the wts threads. What I miss are some of the dunno wanna make you laugh or cry junk posts from our self proclaimed trolls like WMF, Muarchee, mervyntan and his numerous alter egos, the advices that our pros have given, the friends I have made, and the opportunity to debate. While I may disagree with some forumers and may engage in debates, I appreciate their support for the forum as well(else they won't be here right?) and those debates actually make things more interesting.

Today, as mentioned by tourswing, we have gained a lot more popularity and members. But honestly, we never care about the number. We are not here to create an advertisement board or to look for money making opportunity and hence these numbers doesn't matter. What matters to us is you, those who have come in, contribute and form a part of our community like what the great Duval said in his touching speech in the t-shirt thread. GR exists because of you.

For those who are here just to sell items, I would do what I have to do and tell them you are not welcome again and again if I have to. Good riddance and nobody will miss you. The people who we will miss if this forum is gone are the people who have come in and made an impact in the forum and our lives. To these people, I wish to thank you for all the support and may we work hard together to make this forum a better one.

I think I have said enough on this topic and we would not be removing the min post criteria. If there is a need, we may even increase it or add other criteria. Lets move on.

_________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 558
Join date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thanks Slicer51. We should all be like you. Very Happy

No names were mentioned, as such, there was no need to moderate.


You mean we can talk OBOB other ppl thread and moderator won't fault us?
Pls enlighten me.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1185
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : YCK

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 pm

TourSwing wrote:
sunny wrote:
I know the USA forums set it at 50 posts.

But we are trying to be more lenient. In fact, it is quite easy for us to spot those 20 junk posts to start a wts thread as most of them don't have patience to post good stuff and either do senseless greeting or lol on those jokes thread within an hour.

Most people are mindful of the forum rules and have good social ettiquette(golfers should have) and the bad eggs are occasional. We'll monitor the situation and if it gets any worse, we will take other measures.

Sunny, I love this forum and think you guys have done a great job with it! Congrats cheers

However, lately more than ever, it is becoming incrementally difficult filtering through all the "noise" ... this is only inevitable as the forum gains popularity and the no. of members increase ...

Plz consider increasing the min. no of posts to something like 50, and if at all possible, also require the individual to have been a member for a min. amount of time, e.g. 3 months. This is not foolproof, and no solution ever will we ...

oh, and an ambitious after thought: how difficult would it be to incorporate a rating system? Probably not feasible ...

I agree with this idea of 3 months n maybe 50 posts...

Most of the time when someone trying to sell something, it will be at that moment of hurry :

At the moment, they register, then clock 20 posts in 3 days, they can sell their things... But 3 months... lol!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 pm

BestofTheBest wrote:



great.. just an innocent joke.. thats my point

Cheers to u, hubert

kopi next time ya

Absolutely, look forward to it bro. Very Happy

Perhaps a game too, haven't had the pleasure of playing with you yet. Swing
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 130
Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Birdman wrote:
BestofTheBest wrote:



great.. just an innocent joke.. thats my point

Cheers to u, hubert

kopi next time ya

Absolutely, look forward to it bro. Very Happy

Perhaps a game too, haven't had the pleasure of playing with you yet. Swing


yes haha

let me settle my putting issue.. its killing me...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:29 pm

gezt_ho wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Thanks Slicer51. We should all be like you. Very Happy

No names were mentioned, as such, there was no need to moderate.


You mean we can talk OBOB other ppl thread and moderator won't fault us?
Pls enlighten me.

Gezt, as a senior golfer, I think you've been here long enough to know the answer, right? Very Happy

If not, perhaps a read of Sunny's heartfelt post above might help you see a little more of the light. Peace
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:36 pm

gezt_ho wrote:


No worry bro, we shall have a game if you free some other days.
Cheers

Thanks for the invitation, bro. I have just put your name on my list. I will love to have a game with you too.

Let move on, bro. I am sure every member here just wanted the best for this GR forum. Beer
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
gezt_ho wrote:


No worry bro, we shall have a game if you free some other days.
Cheers

Thanks for the invitation, bro. I have just put your name on my list. I will love to have a game with you too.

Let move on, bro. I am sure every member here just wanted the best for this GR forum. Beer

Bro slicer, can you put me on your wanted list also..
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 pm

ok guys lets move on. and talk about other stuff ok. rather than saying this and that.
Back to top Go down
rt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 115
Join date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Birdman wrote:
There's theory (the suggestions), and then there's the practical (real world).

I'm not sure that we appreciate how many times Sunny and Moon have to come in and repeat the same explanations over and over and over again, yet they do it tirelessly. And I applaud them for their patience in taking the time to repeat themselves till it's almost a mantra.

Please spare them a thought, they have a life too.

The moment every one of us one logged onto Golf Republic for the first time, we were greeted with the notice to read the regulations, including the minimum of 20 posts to sell. In red no less, how to miss it?

I confess I didn't take the time to read the house rules of Golf Republic before signing up, did you? Perhaps only TS because of his profession, the rest of us?

And the reason we signed up without bothering to read the house rules? Our overwhelming desire for fellowship with like-minded golfers and a round or two of this game we love.

Correct me if I'm wrong.... please!

So why are we letting something as insignificant as this in the bigger scheme of things get in the way of the one real reason we are here?

Especially since it doesn't affect us as we have already clocked the necessary posts for the marketplace?

Perhaps we should pause and reflect on Colonel Nathan Jessep's words from "A Few Good Men".

To loosely quote -

"You rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it."

Move on please.



anyone spare a thought for me? coming in as a newbies but instead was accused of being a seller. haiz what a disappointment! this shouldn't be the way of treating a newbies.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:44 pm

[quote="rt"]
Birdman wrote:
There's theory (the suggestions), and then there's the practical (real world).



anyone spare a thought for me? coming in as a newbies but instead was accused of being a seller. haiz what a disappointment! this shouldn't be the way of treating a newbies.


rt

Welcome to GR..

Please feel at home here.. Read whatever you want.. But, don't sell anything yet ! Cos you only has 17 posts !!!!


lol!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 pm

golfchowmk wrote:


Bro slicer, can you put me on your wanted list also..

Not wanted list but rather buaya list, bro ROFL I looking forward to learn something about golf from you too, just be gentle on me, ok? Beer
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 636
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:


Bro slicer, can you put me on your wanted list also..

Not wanted list but rather buaya list, bro ROFL I looking forward to learn something about golf from you too, just be gentle on me, ok? Beer

bro slicer, iam not a buaya lar. if you want to learn to play golf i cant &if you want learnhow to drink beer i can hahhahahah. make a date.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 4006
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 71
Location : LaLa Land~

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm

rt wrote:
anyone spare a thought for me? coming in as a newbies but instead was accused of being a seller. haiz what a disappointment! this shouldn't be the way of treating a newbies.

Hi newbie rt,

Welcome!

Try to look beyond any single unhappy incident. Perhaps you can read other post with more interests such as the sharing post that sunny spent so much time typing.. Understand GR better and you will enjoy yr stay here much more. In case you miss it earlier, I paste it here below for you.

However, if you like to sell something on marketplace, hmmm I suggest a more sophisticated site for yr consideration.. eBay.

sunny wrote:
Let me share something from the bottom of my heart.

It had been a few years since GR was created. Not many people can remember what happened and many new comers do not know much about our history. This is a good opportunity to tell the story.

We exist because another of our favorite forum was shut down by the owner. I don't know about you but I felt lost for a while. I must have refreshed it at least 100 times each day during that period hoping for a miracle. Did I miss Toonshouse? For sure I did. Not because of the forum but because of the friends I had met.

During the early days of GR, we had some issues with the stability of the servers. The forum went offline for hours periodically. I actually have SOS phone calls from many of the old timers here during my client meetings to fix the forum. I do not blame them for interrupting menor calling my phone non-stop. To them it is an emergency, almost a life and death situation for these friends can't live without our humble forum. I feel likewise too. But what do I miss about the forum? Nothing to do with the wts threads. What I miss are some of the dunno wanna make you laugh or cry junk posts from our self proclaimed trolls like WMF, Muarchee, mervyntan and his numerous alter egos, the advices that our pros have given, the friends I have made, and the opportunity to debate. While I may disagree with some forumers and may engage in debates, I appreciate their support for the forum as well(else they won't be here right?) and those debates actually make things more interesting.

Today, as mentioned by tourswing, we have gained a lot more popularity and members. But honestly, we never care about the number. We are not here to create an advertisement board or to look for money making opportunity and hence these numbers doesn't matter. What matters to us is you, those who have come in, contribute and form a part of our community like what the great Duval said in his touching speech in the t-shirt thread. GR exists because of you.

For those who are here just to sell items, I would do what I have to do and tell them you are not welcome again and again if I have to. Good riddance and nobody will miss you. The people who we will miss if this forum is gone are the people who have come in and made an impact in the forum and our lives. To these people, I wish to thank you for all the support and may we work hard together to make this forum a better one.

I think I have said enough on this topic and we would not be removing the min post criteria. If there is a need, we may even increase it or add other criteria. Lets move on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm

rt wrote:
Birdman wrote:
There's theory (the suggestions), and then there's the practical (real world).

I'm not sure that we appreciate how many times Sunny and Moon have to come in and repeat the same explanations over and over and over again, yet they do it tirelessly. And I applaud them for their patience in taking the time to repeat themselves till it's almost a mantra.

Please spare them a thought, they have a life too.

The moment every one of us one logged onto Golf Republic for the first time, we were greeted with the notice to read the regulations, including the minimum of 20 posts to sell. In red no less, how to miss it?

I confess I didn't take the time to read the house rules of Golf Republic before signing up, did you? Perhaps only TS because of his profession, the rest of us?

And the reason we signed up without bothering to read the house rules? Our overwhelming desire for fellowship with like-minded golfers and a round or two of this game we love.

Correct me if I'm wrong.... please!

So why are we letting something as insignificant as this in the bigger scheme of things get in the way of the one real reason we are here?

Especially since it doesn't affect us as we have already clocked the necessary posts for the marketplace?

Perhaps we should pause and reflect on Colonel Nathan Jessep's words from "A Few Good Men".

To loosely quote -

"You rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it."

Move on please.



anyone spare a thought for me? coming in as a newbies but instead was accused of being a seller. haiz what a disappointment! this shouldn't be the way of treating a newbies.

RT, with all due respect, you have 17 posts in total ... 7 of which are "Welcome Welcome" and all made within 12 minutes of each other Question Exclamation Idea Idea Idea ... just a suggestion ... you could leave the welcoming duties for the more seasoned GR members ... and try to contribute to the forum in a more productive manner ... trust me , if your intentions are good, people here will welcome you with open arms ... this misunderstanding good easily be avoided cheers
Back to top Go down
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 111
Join date : 2012-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:01 am

can we juz move on?!
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 4006
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 71
Location : LaLa Land~

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:05 am

TourSwing wrote:

RT, with all due respect, you have 17 posts in total ... 7 of which are "Welcome Welcome" and all made within 12 minutes of each other Question Exclamation Idea Idea Idea ... just a suggestion ... you could leave the welcoming duties for the more seasoned GR members ... and try to contribute to the forum in a more productive manner ... trust me , if your intentions are good, people here will welcome you with open arms ... this misunderstanding good easily be avoided cheers

+1 from me. Like the analysis and stats!
Very good suggestion too...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 4006
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 71
Location : LaLa Land~

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 am

suirattigas wrote:
can we juz move on?!

Ok can.. Sagittarius..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 am

TourSwing wrote:
rt wrote:
Birdman wrote:
There's theory (the suggestions), and then there's the practical (real world).

I'm not sure that we appreciate how many times Sunny and Moon have to come in and repeat the same explanations over and over and over again, yet they do it tirelessly. And I applaud them for their patience in taking the time to repeat themselves till it's almost a mantra.

Please spare them a thought, they have a life too.

The moment every one of us one logged onto Golf Republic for the first time, we were greeted with the notice to read the regulations, including the minimum of 20 posts to sell. In red no less, how to miss it?

I confess I didn't take the time to read the house rules of Golf Republic before signing up, did you? Perhaps only TS because of his profession, the rest of us?

And the reason we signed up without bothering to read the house rules? Our overwhelming desire for fellowship with like-minded golfers and a round or two of this game we love.

Correct me if I'm wrong.... please!

So why are we letting something as insignificant as this in the bigger scheme of things get in the way of the one real reason we are here?

Especially since it doesn't affect us as we have already clocked the necessary posts for the marketplace?

Perhaps we should pause and reflect on Colonel Nathan Jessep's words from "A Few Good Men".

To loosely quote -

"You rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it."

Move on please.



anyone spare a thought for me? coming in as a newbies but instead was accused of being a seller. haiz what a disappointment! this shouldn't be the way of treating a newbies.

RT, with all due respect, you have 17 posts in total ... 7 of which are "Welcome Welcome" and all made within 12 minutes of each other Question Exclamation Idea Idea Idea ... just a suggestion ... you could leave the welcoming duties for the more seasoned GR members ... and try to contribute to the forum in a more productive manner ... trust me , if your intentions are good, people here will welcome you with open arms ... this misunderstanding good easily be avoided cheers

bro tourswing, how do you check someone's post with all those details?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Today at 1:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» you should not listen to the old
» What music do you guys listen to when driving?
» Engine Noise, please listen
» do you listen to music before competing?
» Ways Miz can beat Cena in an "I Quit" match? Anyone?!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.