Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 HCP hunt!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Is there a rule on where to tee off when collecting scorecards for hcp?
Back to top Go down
Zig Zag
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-07-12
Age : 103
Location : On a Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi guys, my game is quite bad..ball go left go right but nvr go center..
If u all dun mind, we can play together sometime too. Always nice to make new friends.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:26 pm

d1g wrote:
Is there a rule on where to tee off when collecting scorecards for hcp?

Nope. Just mark which tee you're playing from and fire away!
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I am not sure if i am correct, blue i think is for 18< and white for 18>, so i think white is okay.
Easier also mah! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zig Zag
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-07-12
Age : 103
Location : On a Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

d1g wrote:
Is there a rule on where to tee off when collecting scorecards for hcp?

I dont think so. But on the courtesy round usually tee off from white tee.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 534
Join date : 2011-10-29
Age : 28
Location : Body: Singapore, Mind: U.S, Soul: Japan

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I've been collecting score cards but no time to go down to mbgc for PC or Courtesy round Shocked more than 10 games at least. LoL
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 pm

No need lah, 5x18 or 10x9, should do liao.
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Body: Working / Mind: Somewhere green

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 pm

kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Body: Working / Mind: Somewhere green

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm

shimizu.toruk wrote:
kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy

Haha hopefully can improve for the subsequent games. Better practice more at Range-on-grass instead of mats and punish myself with 5 push-ups for every lousy shot.
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 34
Location : Singapore / Johor

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:20 pm

kef529 wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy

Haha hopefully can improve for the subsequent games. Better practice more at Range-on-grass instead of mats and punish myself with 5 push-ups for every lousy shot.

wuah... if i were to have 5 push ups for every lousy shot, i think i need someone to help me pick up my arms afterward...

affraid
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm

charlesho wrote:
kef529 wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy

Haha hopefully can improve for the subsequent games. Better practice more at Range-on-grass instead of mats and punish myself with 5 push-ups for every lousy shot.

wuah... if i were to have 5 push ups for every lousy shot, i think i need someone to help me pick up my arms afterward...

affraid
If like that..i think soon will have biceps of arnold

@kef 529, btw I think it's not abt good or bad shot, it's abt how you savage the situation with you hit a bad shot.
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Body: Working / Mind: Somewhere green

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 pm

enwee wrote:
charlesho wrote:
kef529 wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy

Haha hopefully can improve for the subsequent games. Better practice more at Range-on-grass instead of mats and punish myself with 5 push-ups for every lousy shot.

wuah... if i were to have 5 push ups for every lousy shot, i think i need someone to help me pick up my arms afterward...

affraid
If like that..i think soon will have biceps of arnold

@kef 529, btw I think it's not abt good or bad shot, it's abt how you savage the situation with you hit a bad shot.

@charlesho: Ehhh.... Pay by installment also can bah...

@enwee: Very true! Especially for MBGC with bunkers looking more like craters created by meteorites...

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:43 pm

kef529 wrote:

@enwee: Very true! Especially for MBGC with bunkers looking more like craters created by meteorites...

was told best weapon for those bunkers is the H-wedge! rendeer drunken
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Body: Working / Mind: Somewhere green

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:51 pm

jeffman88 wrote:

was told best weapon for those bunkers is the H-wedge! rendeer drunken

Oh ic.... Today can only exit from rear... Equivalent to penalty of stroke and distance...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:53 pm

kef529 wrote:
enwee wrote:
charlesho wrote:
kef529 wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy

Haha hopefully can improve for the subsequent games. Better practice more at Range-on-grass instead of mats and punish myself with 5 push-ups for every lousy shot.

wuah... if i were to have 5 push ups for every lousy shot, i think i need someone to help me pick up my arms afterward...

affraid
If like that..i think soon will have biceps of arnold

@kef 529, btw I think it's not abt good or bad shot, it's abt how you savage the situation with you hit a bad shot.

@charlesho: Ehhh.... Pay by installment also can bah...

@enwee: Very true! Especially for MBGC with bunkers looking more like craters created by meteorites...

It's model after the link course in scotland. Best way is to play short of it.....or over it if u can..
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 34
Location : Singapore / Johor

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 am

kef529 wrote:
enwee wrote:
charlesho wrote:
kef529 wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
kef529 wrote:
Just completed a round with bro kokhui an 2 other non-GRians at MBGC today and collected first scorecard with score of 111. Front 9 was disastrous but back 9 still ok with mostly bogeys and double bogeys. Having a flight of low/mid handicappers behind is damn stressful. Felt like letting them play thru but the flight in front is rather slow also so doesn't make a difference anyway. MBGC bunkers are crazy!

Hope that can form a full flight with other GRians next time (most likely the week after next).

Not bad for a first scorecard. When I first played my first scorecard reads 126 Very Happy

Haha hopefully can improve for the subsequent games. Better practice more at Range-on-grass instead of mats and punish myself with 5 push-ups for every lousy shot.

wuah... if i were to have 5 push ups for every lousy shot, i think i need someone to help me pick up my arms afterward...

affraid
If like that..i think soon will have biceps of arnold

@kef 529, btw I think it's not abt good or bad shot, it's abt how you savage the situation with you hit a bad shot.

@charlesho: Ehhh.... Pay by installment also can bah...

@enwee: Very true! Especially for MBGC with bunkers looking more like craters created by meteorites...


I usually reward myself an extra can of nice cool drink for like 5 good shot... will feel more motivated instead of preassurize to make good shot...

but usually after a session of 100 ball in the range i can only buy 1 can of cold drink... pale
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 am

Guys I've signed myself on the Ponderosa game thread..in the meantime, if anybody of us newbies is thinking about a game in town count me in. With a few days notice I can generally manage to take half a day!
Back to top Go down
bigbanana14
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Would anyone like a game at MBGC next week wed-fri? Got some vouchers that i need to use up soon
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm

I could join you but only on Friday, will be out of town till Thursday nite.
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Body: Working / Mind: Somewhere green

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Next friday probably I also can make it Smile
Back to top Go down
FroztByte
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:18 am

hey...I'm not too good either. ...I don't mind joining when I can afford it...haha
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi guys, guess Friday's game is not gonna happen, right?

Anyway, if there's anybody interested in a game together to start collecting scorecards, let me know. Also weekdays are fine with a few days advance.
Back to top Go down
kef529
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 35
Location : Body: Working / Mind: Somewhere green

PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Anyone interested in a game this Wed/Thur afternoon (probably 1-2pm) at MBGC?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: HCP hunt!   Today at 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down
 
HCP hunt!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Bingo Sens want Curtis Hunt back
» 2012 species hunt.
» BSA species hunt 2012 Roker beach / Rathouse 06/01/12
» Jack Hunt
» Mark Hunt vs. Junior dos Santos on for UFC 160

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Local Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.