Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
yob_ha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm

My kakis skills are alot better than my. So they always give me "exemption".
Social game... Must enjoy...In the name of fun...
cheers
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Zig Zag wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
is it your ball always plugged and theirs not? Very Happy

Somehow I realize I always get mud on my ball. Maybe my driver ball flight too high.

Your drive have allot of back spin in yr ball Very Happy
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Most of time, all don't agree!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Then go find other kaki
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:11 pm

nientsu wrote:
Then go find other kaki
+100,

because preferred lie is not because of you, it's abt making the fairway more playable for the others. Anyway it's only applicable when your ball land on fairway and 1st cut only.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:18 pm

enwee wrote:
nientsu wrote:
Then go find other kaki
+100,

because preferred lie is not because of you, it's abt making the fairway more playable for the others. Anyway it's only applicable when your ball land on fairway and 1st cut only.

Indeed it was. Wink
If richardyeo kakis dont agree, either richard re playg better than them or their bets re big! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kangster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Automatic - pick clean n drop if ball is plugged. That will make the game more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
sly21498
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Zig Zag,

Based on the rules of golf, enjoyment and fairness is usually practiced by Clubs as well as players throughout. But your kakis must agree lor!! If not show them this:

Appendix I Part A - Local Rules
4. Course Conditions - Mud, Extreme Wetness, Poor Conditions and Protection of Course

a. Lifting an Embedded Ball, Cleaning
Temporary conditions that might interfere with proper playing of the game, including mud and extreme wetness, warranting relief for an embedded ball anywhere through the green or permitting lifting, cleaning and replacing a ball anywhere through the green or on a closely-mown area through the green.

b. “Preferred Lies” and “Winter Rules”
Adverse conditions, including the poor condition of the course or the existence of mud, are sometimes so general, particularly during rainy periods, that the Club may decide to grant relief by temporary Local Rule either to protect the course or to promote fair and pleasant play. The Local Rule should be withdrawn as soon as the conditions warrant.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 pm

today I played under the rain.......don really give a tot on the lie stuff......just play.....

my policy...happy chiu ho!!!
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

What about the reverse situation where to course is very dry and your ball lands on patches of ground that is so hard that you have no chance to take a divot? Do you treat it as if your ball has landed on a road and ask for a free lift? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:56 pm

WY wrote:
What about the reverse situation where to course is very dry and your ball lands on patches of ground that is so hard that you have no chance to take a divot? Do you treat it as if your ball has landed on a road and ask for a free lift? Thanks

Negative bro, no free drop. Ball is still "through the green". Treated as hard pan shot. Deloft your club and expect the ball to roll allot when it land.

Last edited by Slicer51 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
WY wrote:

Negative bro, no free drop. Ball is still "through the green". Treated as hard pan shot. Deloft your club and explain the ball to roll allot when it land.

Sounds logical. Basically just punching the ball. Thanks
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 pm

wow, i never knew that embedded ball applies for rough as well. would've saved many strokes if i took relief on those
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:54 am

Makes sense to do so especially in Singapore, otherwise most of us would just end up chunking up a huge piece of the golf course . What's the point in that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?   Today at 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Do you play preferred lie during rainy days?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2