Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 They are coming.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm

I tried to translate the website, klpga.com but it only did part of it...

I cannot spell her name haha.... at least she knows basic English...
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
blurnana
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-05-07
Age : 31
Location : Jurong

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm

Just saw them yesterday! Was on the same flight from Korea last night.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Allen, the golfer you caddying for, Swee boh???
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 am

Lee Hyeon Ju yes she is nice Very Happy

We off at 830am 1st tee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 828
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am

Allen, photo pls pls

Golfman is also a caddie
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 am

I found this in google, not sure if the picture will show up

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223200_206532809369062_141982252490785_696516_4952936_n.jpg

Not to be mixed up with another lady golfer shin hyeon ju

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Finish 1 under doubled the 10th grrr lost ball!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 pm

My player played level, airmail the pins but didnt drop many putts. Laguna got slick greens!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Attached Korean pro had a gd start at 3 under until rain disrupted n end up w 1 over! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 pm

So bro Hkh and bro 2008, when are ordering the tour issue Ping g20 8.5 driver? Lolol ROFL
Back to top Go down
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:42 pm

After four days, i have a deep respect for klpga lady pros. Their approach to the game of golf and respect for each other gave me a whole new perspective to golf. A great experience to be on a bag of a tour pro who finished a credible -2.

Thanks to pro short hitter for this opportunity.

Kim-chi anyone?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:14 pm

jamezponk wrote:
After four days, i have a deep respect for klpga lady pros. Their approach to the game of golf and respect for each other gave me a whole new perspective to golf. A great experience to be on a bag of a tour pro who finished a credible -2.

Thanks to pro short hitter for this opportunity.

Kim-chi anyone?

No worries..goes to show golf is not easy, everyone hits bad shots, and how you react to them determines what sort of golfer you are...

But this is without a doubt the best dressed caddy of the week.....

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Yup.. My pro made only four bogeys this week.

The importance of SCRAMBLING. My favourite stat forever after this week.
Back to top Go down
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Even the caddy looks so swee! Ah look good feel good play good!
Back to top Go down
2008
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 754
Join date : 2011-07-03
Location : Club House

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 pm


































Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm

D...

Why half the pics can't see the face one.. Only the backsides...
Laughing


Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 am

GZ see 5th picture from top.... Same drill stop the overswing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm

shorthitter wrote:


..goes to show golf is not easy, everyone hits bad shots, and how you react to them determines what sort of golfer you are...


Hi pro.. I like this statement of your, this is what level I am now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
shorthitter wrote:


..goes to show golf is not easy, everyone hits bad shots, and how you react to them determines what sort of golfer you are...


Hi pro.. I like this statement of your, this is what level I am now Very Happy

Hi Mate, it is not only on course, it is "range mindset" that you need to improve also...

Example.....

Many students, sit down and say " I want to do this and achieve this etc"

That's great, exactly the type of students we as Coaches want, so we set things in motion, with drills and plans etc...

Then next lesson..... "did you do the drills"? usual answer is " No I tried them but they didn't work"!

That's when a coach can tell someone is not really serious, they are looking for an instant cure.... it does not exist.

I have had students even tell me that they felt silly doing drills on the range.....

Check out Vijay Singh practicing, he is always doing drills...

It takes time, not 1 week, not 2 weeks not 3 weeks.... it takes time to fix a bad habit....

Which is why I made the comment about the girl doing the drill in Picture 5.... she does not care if she look silly, she cares about results....

And so do we as coaches, but when someone does not want to listen..... *sigh* OK another band aid fix and another bad advertisement for me!

If your coach sets you drills, it is for a reason, listen to them, not your 30 handicap kaki.....

Rant over..... Beer





Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 pm

+1 for shorthitter. Sincere coach.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm

I totally understand how you feel as a coach. Hard working and willing to improve student not many. Many those whom wish to play well over night and keep complaining why I cannot improve my game but never take the time to train or practice at all.

Unfortunately, I am unable to see my coach more often due to my situation. However, I believe I do made my coach proud after winning couples of tournament within my level.

I practice hard just wanted to find out what max level I can really play since I am not talented and start learn this game very late.

So much so that I cannot forgive myself if I hit a bad shot. Now, I play with another mind set now. Just smile if I hit a bad shot and take the opportunity to learn what went wrong and learn. I seems to be playing better when I remind cool & focus. I may blow up a front 9 but manage to come back with the lower score in back 9 ... I hope I am in the correct learning direction.

Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Exactly the attitude Slicer...

The thing that brought this up, is my player, (I also caddied) struggled so much with the heat.

We were -1 first round, 2nd round we were 2 under after 4, I thought Whoo Hoo here we go.... then we finished 4 over..

Round 3 the same...

But no matter how bad it was ( and I know +4 does not sound bad, but when it is your rice bowl).... she would look at me and we would laugh and in broken English and zero Korean we would communicate....

" I am angry bird" she would say...

Then tired defeated and really cranky... she would go to the range and do drills to prepare for the next day.....

That is how to go forward in Golf...

Positive coaching.... Positive Practice accept the coaching, block out the advice from good meaning but uniformed parties... and Practice properly....

Whatever your level you can improve only as far as your practice regime allows....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
shorthitter wrote:


..goes to show golf is not easy, everyone hits bad shots, and how you react to them determines what sort of golfer you are...


Hi pro.. I like this statement of your, this is what level I am now Very Happy

Hi Mate, it is not only on course, it is "range mindset" that you need to improve also...

Example.....

Many students, sit down and say " I want to do this and achieve this etc"

That's great, exactly the type of students we as Coaches want, so we set things in motion, with drills and plans etc...

Then next lesson..... "did you do the drills"? usual answer is " No I tried them but they didn't work"!

That's when a coach can tell someone is not really serious, they are looking for an instant cure.... it does not exist.

I have had students even tell me that they felt silly doing drills on the range.....

Check out Vijay Singh practicing, he is always doing drills...

It takes time, not 1 week, not 2 weeks not 3 weeks.... it takes time to fix a bad habit....

Which is why I made the comment about the girl doing the drill in Picture 5.... she does not care if she look silly, she cares about results....

And so do we as coaches, but when someone does not want to listen..... *sigh* OK another band aid fix and another bad advertisement for me!

If your coach sets you drills, it is for a reason, listen to them, not your 30 handicap kaki.....

Rant over..... Beer


+2 Gd rant mate! cheers

Tats why there s no fastest way or shortcut in gettg yr PC/Hcp! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KeithG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:57 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Here it is, come and watch for free.......


This is great news!! I'm looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 pm

KeithG wrote:


This is great news!! I'm looking forward to it!

??? I though it was over bro ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: They are coming.....   Today at 3:44 pm

Back to top Go down
 
They are coming.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ABS & TPMS LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON!!!!!
» Yuengling coming to Ohio
» weird and scary noises coming from the gearbox/engine area...
» why my ferrule keep coming loose?
» New John Deere coming soon?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.