Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What wrong with me!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Bro, I got 3H... for hybrid i only recently then manage to hit straight. My condition very unstable leh... last mth my driver can fly straight and long but hybrid cant.. these few days manage to hit with 3 hybrid but now turn to driver... peng sia... how come like that sia??? Short iron still manageable but need to becareful. At time might fade or wrong direction...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Bro, I got 3H... for hybrid i only recently then manage to hit straight. My condition very unstable leh... last mth my driver can fly straight and long but hybrid cant.. these few days manage to hit with 3 hybrid but now turn to driver... peng sia... how come like that sia??? Short iron still manageable but need to becareful. At time might fade or wrong direction...
well everyday not sunday right? anyway u wanna see how good or how bad you are...go HH before the iskandar johor open. Then you'll see how good or bad you are....I thought i was over this since last year.....again the thing came back....
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Well tmr i got game at marina afternoon. Hope things din turn too bad for me... I don understand my swing just cant get consistent... my driver swing really cannot make it. At least don dug or slice i am happy liao
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Well tmr i got game at marina afternoon. Hope things din turn too bad for me... I don understand my swing just cant get consistent... my driver swing really cannot make it. At least don dug or slice i am happy liao
well, maybe it's you are not used to your new irons?
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I haven start using it... i am still using the old set.
R7 5-S, 3H 18degree, cobra amp driver r shaft. My problem for my iron i keep let go my right hand forget to roll over.. as a result my ball always go to the right direction. As for Driver and wood, my swing always come down from top, lead to dug in front and slice... i am trying to make it a habit for right arm to use more strengh...too bad, i am left handed... right hand seem not working as smooth as left hand... lol
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 pm

that is golf bro. dont think about your scores too much. u will play with less pressure if you dont think of your scores.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:13 am

sim.t.lim wrote:
I haven start using it... i am still using the old set.
R7 5-S, 3H 18degree, cobra amp driver r shaft. My problem for my iron i keep let go my right hand forget to roll over.. as a result my ball always go to the right direction. As for Driver and wood, my swing always come down from top, lead to dug in front and slice... i am trying to make it a habit for right arm to use more strengh...too bad, i am left handed... right hand seem not working as smooth as left hand... lol

Bro, join me in driving range when I am back in Singapore. Do pm me if you are keen.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:26 am

sim.t.lim wrote:
I haven start using it... i am still using the old set.
R7 5-S, 3H 18degree, cobra amp driver r shaft. My problem for my iron i keep let go my right hand forget to roll over.. as a result my ball always go to the right direction. As for Driver and wood, my swing always come down from top, lead to dug in front and slice... i am trying to make it a habit for right arm to use more strengh...too bad, i am left handed... right hand seem not working as smooth as left hand... lol
you are a left handed, using a right handed clubs?
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 am

Bro slicer, thanks!!! i am join you at the drving range.. Let me know when you are back... i almost went to range twice a week. Btw, which driving range you go??
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 am

Bro enwee, ya... i am left hander. i start learning together with friend. They are all right hander. They lend me their right handed club to me and i start learn with right handed club lor...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 am

sim.t.lim wrote:
Bro enwee, ya... i am left hander. i start learning together with friend. They are all right hander. They lend me their right handed club to me and i start learn with right handed club lor...
Well u are not the 1st one i know who do this...btw u normally go which range??? for me it's normally OCC, like the auto loader for driver. Also the ground flr transview sales, Alex, very good player as well.
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 212
Join date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 pm

This is what I like about the forum - when I started shanking badly, many jumped in with words of advice. And here, the bros did it again. Cheers and may all of you be blessed with a birdie or two this week.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Quote :
buzz1211 wrote:
This is what I like about the forum - when I started shanking badly, many jumped in with words of advice. And here, the bros did it again. Cheers and may all of you be blessed with a birdie or two this week.

u know what is lagi better???

When you start to hit well.....many will chio you to play with them with some frenly wagers


it doesnt stop there.....what is lagi lagi better....is when you hit better, you can give me strokes... Smile
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 pm

audi wrote:
that is golf bro. dont think about your scores too much. u will play with less pressure if you dont think of your scores.
Very true.

Play with this mentality:

1) "I can get this in 3"
2) "I am going to play xx for this 9"
3) "If I can play another xx for this 9, I am going to break 100"

And you can be assured that:

1) You will get there in 4
2) You won't play xx score for this 9
3) You won't break 100 that day

No doubt competition and self-criticism is good to motivate oneself towards excellence (as what we had been taught and taught since young), criticism and low scores rarely worked hand-in-hand on the course. We all think we can take pressure at work and at home. But with golf, the pressure is yourself (which may be greater than the sum of all pressures added together) and this may impact upon your performance.

Like what my instructor had said - Self praise yourself for a good shot, laugh off at the bad shots and count it all shot-by-shot instead of point-by-point. And you will find your scores tumbling.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Just finish a game at marina. Sweet, got 4 par. But 2 double par...the rest are double bogey or bogey... total 107 for the whole game. Hit some bro advice, 1 hit at a time, keep it simple... manage to bring the score down a bit

Bro enwee, Lol... do your friend face the same problem like me?? I normally play range at marina, seletar or green fairway. Mainly depend on the timing where i am working at. Most of the time i join my friends play at green fairway driving range after work.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Just finish a game at marina. Sweet, got 4 par. But 2 double par...the rest are double bogey or bogey... total 107 for the whole game. Hit some bro advice, 1 hit at a time, keep it simple... manage to bring the score down a bit

Bro enwee, Lol... do your friend face the same problem like me?? I normally play range at marina, seletar or green fairway. Mainly depend on the timing where i am working at. Most of the time i join my friends play at green fairway driving range after work.
Well I not so sure, because when I know him in the old TP range. He was playing either high single d or low 10s hcp score. He does drive very consistently straight and far. Btw on PGA, if I'm not wrong Mike Weir is the reverse of you, because when he was in ice hockey he played left side of the court.

Seletar? Their balls quite ex I heard also last time i went there, no place to buy balls.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-08-28
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Seletar very hard buy ball??? No leh just go to the pro shop (open till 8pm)and buy new card can already. 6cent for each ball. Mon after 6.30pm you are allow to hit from the grass infront of the driving range. One drawback is they don have the distance board. They use the flag to indicate. Got putting green also. Bunker for you to hit from there to green too..best is got water cooler.. ppl like me always drink a lot of water is a plus pts. Save money to buy isotonic. Drink too much, my score sure become like the brand or my ball got into water...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:33 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Seletar very hard buy ball??? No leh just go to the pro shop (open till 8pm)and buy new card can already. 6cent for each ball. Mon after 6.30pm you are allow to hit from the grass infront of the driving range. One drawback is they don have the distance board. They use the flag to indicate. Got putting green also. Bunker for you to hit from there to green too..best is got water cooler.. ppl like me always drink a lot of water is a plus pts. Save money to buy isotonic. Drink too much, my score sure become like the brand or my ball got into water...

Yea....e practice facilities re over there. Wink
And e chippg, pitchg n bunker re of real! Smile
I used to b there till convenient strike at my door fr Punggol range. Laughing
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Seletar very hard buy ball??? No leh just go to the pro shop (open till 8pm)and buy new card can already. 6cent for each ball. Mon after 6.30pm you are allow to hit from the grass infront of the driving range. One drawback is they don have the distance board. They use the flag to indicate. Got putting green also. Bunker for you to hit from there to green too..best is got water cooler.. ppl like me always drink a lot of water is a plus pts. Save money to buy isotonic. Drink too much, my score sure become like the brand or my ball got into water...
Oh open until 8 only? No wonder, I went there last wk around 830 saw everything closed so only used the putting green only since last sun need to putt well in horrible hills. Still forget something, last wk hh was setting up for iskandar Johor open the roughs are absolutely horrible nevertheless good experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   Today at 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
What wrong with me!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Wrong Hole in one
» wrong place wrong time
» You Aussie Prosepectors are "doing it wrong"...
» TNA: making right or wrong decisons ?
» Running tires backwards is WRONG

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.