Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in
Share | 

Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
-h2n-
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi guys, anyone used the Tour AD DJ series? How does it compare to DI and BB?

I know the website says it supposed to play with mid/high launch and mid spin but would like to get some real life qualitative description before I decide which shaft to go for..

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 pm

i am using DI and find it good, gave me more distance. My friend had a BB it feels more boardy though, you may need good impact and swing speed to launch the ball.

DJ i not sure.
Back to top Go down
-h2n-
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:43 pm

so if i'm not wrong, the DI is equivalent to Ahina, DJ is equivalent to Kaili and BB is a new improved version of DI??

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:43 pm

i'm using DI as well in fact got 2 DIs, like the tips reaction upon contact as for DJ not so sure, got a fren using the BB that come with the nike. Look like the after market shaft, but some said after market, some said it's an OEM version. Not very sure. But for a BB6-S definitely don't feel that stiff.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm

what dont you tell us your swing speed and your typical carry distance and ppl here can advice you

personally, have tried all 3 shafts and my average swing speed is 105 to 110mph

i find the DI to be a consistent and stable shaft but it its a little firm and harder to use especially early in the morning...

the bb is more stable, and stouter than the DI

the DJ is the most forgiving and most tip active shaft among the 3

if you want to compare these 3 shafts, i'd say that the bb is more like the whiteboard, DI like the blueboard and the DJ like the redboard
Back to top Go down
-h2n-
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:52 pm

shamusan wrote:
what dont you tell us your swing speed and your typical carry distance and ppl here can advice you

personally, have tried all 3 shafts and my average swing speed is 105 to 110mph

i find the DI to be a consistent and stable shaft but it its a little firm and harder to use especially early in the morning...

the bb is more stable, and stouter than the DI

the DJ is the most forgiving and most tip active shaft among the 3

if you want to compare these 3 shafts, i'd say that the bb is more like the whiteboard, DI like the blueboard and the DJ like the redboard

my swing speed on driver is in excess of 110mph. my main problem lies with control as i have a tendency to lose the ball to the right if i get too aggressive.

so the DJ with an active tip that would translate to increased spin and higher flight correct? what type of player would that cater for? if it's meant for the slower swing speed players (to help them launch the ball etc), then why bother make it in x-flex??

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:32 pm

well, they make the DJ in x flex cause of players that have very high swing speeds but a very smooth and consistent swing tempo...

i've got a buddy on tour tht swings his driver in excess of 128mph and he swears by the DJ...

also, there are golfers that may have high swing speeds but due to all placement, attack angles, etc etc, may not launch the ball to an optimum height, these players will also benefit from the DJ shaft.

if you are seeking control, personally, i find that there is nothing better than a whiteboard in 73X, especially if your swing speed is in excess of 110mph
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:39 pm

also, if you tend to launch your ball very high, you should avoid the DI, the DI shaft whilst being rather stable, would cause a higher ball flight...

all this being said, i guess it also all depends upon your driver head of choice as i have found that different heads match different shafts.. i have yet to find a one shaft for all clubs

for example, i use a ahina 60x on my rbz 9.5, a diamana X 70s (tipped to between a S and a X flex) on my AMP 8.5, i use a miyazaki kusala 61x on my cobra S3 9.5, a DI 7x on my amp 9.5 and i've found that each of these set ups have given me ideal launch angles and spin rates...
Back to top Go down
-h2n-
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks for d info... I'm using an ahina 60x on 9.0 r11s and i rather like the setup. Putting together a 2nd set and I've ordered a tour ad bb6x on a 9.5 rbz based on my research and your kind advice.. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Just my opinion, do check the CPM for both flex on the same head as i have tried the BB6X with the Razr Fit head..the CPM is 255 with 45inch long and D2 swing weight will equal to stiff flex not X.

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 pm

nicasio is right... the cpm is something that you would want to check... but i believe more than anything else is that you personally like the way the whole setup feels...

altho, i'm not sure abt the bb6x on the rbz... well, you can always swap ard... i love the feel of the rbz with the ahina 60x
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 am

you might want to try the new GT.......

i have a carton of shafts shipped from MRC for Barclays......have not opened it but i am sure there are lots of "protos" in there as well. lets see.

DGman

DJ is the most suitable for most golfers yet they prefer to use the more robust D! because the ex #1 use it. the BB never caught on because it does not have enough media time but its the most neutral of the 3. meaning its easier for a golfer to train and master its characteristic.

unless one is a robot, he or she will still need to trained how to use different shafts in a competitive environment.

got it? having said that i am personally disappointed with the state of QC with tour ad shafts recently. i hope the manufacturing standards are as good as it used to be.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:19 am

hmmm... i think i need to visit you later to see if i can end my current austerity drive...
Back to top Go down
-h2n-
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:49 am

DGman wrote:
you might want to try the new GT.......

i have a carton of shafts shipped from MRC for Barclays......have not opened it but i am sure there are lots of "protos" in there as well. lets see.

DGman

DJ is the most suitable for most golfers yet they prefer to use the more robust D! because the ex #1 use it. the BB never caught on because it does not have enough media time but its the most neutral of the 3. meaning its easier for a golfer to train and master its characteristic.

unless one is a robot, he or she will still need to trained how to use different shafts in a competitive environment.

got it? having said that i am personally disappointed with the state of QC with tour ad shafts recently. i hope the manufacturing standards are as good as it used to be.

So coming from an Ahina shaft, would you say the BB would be the most similar in characteristic?

Wanna try different products but don't want to have to drastically alter my golf swing every time i pick up a different club!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:49 am

austerity drive???? so that you can drive the F430.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com

Tour AD DJ vs DI vs BB

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next