Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New to Golf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LarryC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: New to Golf   Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to golf and came across this message board... looks like you guys have a lot of fun. Hope to learn from everyone here.

Beer

Larry
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:00 pm

hey Larry, welcome to the forum!

where do you learn golf? do yo have a coach? we've got several professionals as members in the forum, check out the sticky threads and/or forumers with red nicknames

take your time reading the past threads that may be useful for you and the stickies/advance search function is your best friend in the forum (for now) Very Happy

enjoy your golf...
Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-10-27
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 am

oh...red nicknames means pro ? I dunno it yet..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 am

LarryC wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to golf and came across this message board... looks like you guys have a lot of fun. Hope to learn from everyone here.

Beer

Larry

Welcome to GR. So, how new are you in golf ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LarryC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

I took a 1-hour class 5 years ago as part of a corporate function, bought a whole set of clubs for USD$230 and went to the driving range 2-3 times after that. I didn't touch a club again until 6 months ago, when I got forced into playing golf 3 times because of work. I was terrible enough that my group stopped keeping score for me. Despite my awful performances, the experience was enjoyable enough that I want to be good at golf.

I'm meeting with Allen Kelly this Saturday... actually found him through GR. Looking forward to it.

By the way, the 3 courses I played were Indian Lakes (Chicago), Riviera (Los Angeles) and Lake Malaren (Shanghai). People tell me those are some pretty nice courses and that I had no business playing them because a) I wouldn't appreciate them and b) I would embarass myself. They were right on both accounts.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Riveera is the course where they held the Northern Trust Open?
Back to top Go down
LarryC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm

enwee wrote:
Riveera is the course where they held the Northern Trust Open?

Yes, that's the one.
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi all golfers,

I'm new to the sport & hope to get to know more fellow golfers here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:08 pm

righthook wrote:
Hi all golfers,

I'm new to the sport & hope to get to know more fellow golfers here! Very Happy

Welcome to GR. 1st thing to learn was not to hijacked someone thread. This is Larry thread. Why don't you start a new thread under introduction and I will welcome you again from there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LarryC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Fine with me!
Back to top Go down
zamzam17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Sngapore

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Greetings to all,

Hi I am new to Golf and also the forum pages. Do share infos or tips if any..
Some enquiries for a start:
1-Whats the average price for a set of clubs and what's considered good for a beginner like myself ?(new and used)
2-What kind of shoes is good for starters?

Thank you and have a great weekend!!!!
Peace and out....
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi LarryC welcome welcome welcome to GR! Enjoy the learning journey here!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 pm

zamzam17 wrote:
Greetings to all,

Hi I am new to Golf and also the forum pages. Do share infos or tips if any..
Some enquiries for a start:
1-Whats the average price for a set of clubs and what's considered good for a beginner like myself ?(new and used)
2-What kind of shoes is good for starters?

Thank you and have a great weekend!!!!
Peace and out....

Hi zamzam17 pl read earlier post advice by slicer51 to righthook


Slicer51 wrote:


1st thing to learn was not to hijacked someone thread. This is Larry thread. Why don't you start a new thread under introduction and I will welcome you again from there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sazalirazak
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:42 pm

hows is the fastest way to get hcap or PC?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm

LarryC wrote:
I took a 1-hour class 5 years ago as part of a corporate function, bought a whole set of clubs for USD$230 and went to the driving range 2-3 times after that. I didn't touch a club again until 6 months ago, when I got forced into playing golf 3 times because of work. I was terrible enough that my group stopped keeping score for me. Despite my awful performances, the experience was enjoyable enough that I want to be good at golf.

I'm meeting with Allen Kelly this Saturday... actually found him through GR. Looking forward to it.

By the way, the 3 courses I played were Indian Lakes (Chicago), Riviera (Los Angeles) and Lake Malaren (Shanghai). People tell me those are some pretty nice courses and that I had no business playing them because a) I wouldn't appreciate them and b) I would embarass myself. They were right on both accounts.

Hi Larry,

Welcome to GR. What u working as? Does your company still have vacancy? I wished to be forced to play golf due to work.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
LarryC wrote:
I took a 1-hour class 5 years ago as part of a corporate function, bought a whole set of clubs for USD$230 and went to the driving range 2-3 times after that. I didn't touch a club again until 6 months ago, when I got forced into playing golf 3 times because of work. I was terrible enough that my group stopped keeping score for me. Despite my awful performances, the experience was enjoyable enough that I want to be good at golf.

I'm meeting with Allen Kelly this Saturday... actually found him through GR. Looking forward to it.

By the way, the 3 courses I played were Indian Lakes (Chicago), Riviera (Los Angeles) and Lake Malaren (Shanghai). People tell me those are some pretty nice courses and that I had no business playing them because a) I wouldn't appreciate them and b) I would embarass myself. They were right on both accounts.

Hi Larry,

Welcome to GR. What u working as? Does your company still have vacancy? I wished to be forced to play golf due to work.

I am with MT too. I just need enough $ for meals and transportation to work for your company and forced me to play golf. Learn the game well and enjoy the free golf bro....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 pm

sazalirazak wrote:
hows is the fastest way to get hcap or PC?

Hi sazalirazak, never rush! Wink
Complete yr course n advance accordingly. And playg more game on e course will b additional advantage fr yr improvement. Very Happy
We dun drive fast car on e green! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Practise, practrise and practice ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New to Golf   Today at 8:42 pm

Back to top Go down
 
New to Golf
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» OOB GOlf
» My New Toy - the RC golf trolley
» Golf in Desaru or East Coast Malaysia
» Looking for Golf Coach (beginner level)
» iphone aps for golf?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.