Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Moving from NSRCC to....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 85
Join date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm

3131T wrote:

One thing u have to consider is ur golfing kakis... If u join CGC or Seletar, how many times u will be playing at ur club with ur kakis...

Hi, I have one who is moving from NSRCC to CGC, so there will be two of us. He has already been playing there on and off and therefore have built a friend base there already that I could be part of.

At NSRCC, I have 4 kakis and over the 2 years I am still only playing with these 4 kakis ( 1 Chinese, 1 Malay and 2 Indians), because there is simply no opportunity to mix with there others there even when we have members joining us when there were only 3 of us. They come, they have masking tape across their lips play the game and leave. There seems to be a wall around the cliques there and I do not see a mix within the groups.

What I would like to see is a racial mix also and I do not see that at NSRCC within flights and at the cafetaria at the range. But then again, thats a national social issue these days and chances are this could be the same elsewhere. Even social / amateur football teams are experiencing that phenomenon which we old birds fail to fathom. Whatever happened to the kampung spirit?

I know this has got nothing to do with playing golf - but getting out there to have a game is not just about playing golf only. It is the banter, the camraderie, the stories to be shared amongst the different races.

Would CGC give me that? I am not sure and would have to find out myself.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Bro
Gr forum got many nsrcc members. Some play week day. Some play weekends. Some can play anytime. You just book and offer the empty balls to be filled here, before you know it, your network will be full

And they usually cannot keep their mouth shut, especially when a wager is on the line

Lots of friendly banter. You still wanna go cgc? cheers
Back to top Go down
Online
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 pm

pocketace wrote:
Bro
Gr forum got many nsrcc members. Some play week day. Some play weekends. Some can play anytime. You just book and offer the empty balls to be filled here, before you know it, your network will be full

And they usually cannot keep their mouth shut, especially when a wager is on the line

Lots of friendly banter. You still wanna go cgc? cheers
This is very true....especially if he/she is generous little lamb......
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

i think i have no problems making new friends at NSRCC

in fact many of my existing kakis are from games that i joined flights when i was a newbie

and im still playing with them currently on a regular basis

and im not even a decent golfer!
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1185
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : YCK

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Acemangill wrote:
3131T wrote:

One thing u have to consider is ur golfing kakis... If u join CGC or Seletar, how many times u will be playing at ur club with ur kakis...

Hi, I have one who is moving from NSRCC to CGC, so there will be two of us. He has already been playing there on and off and therefore have built a friend base there already that I could be part of.

At NSRCC, I have 4 kakis and over the 2 years I am still only playing with these 4 kakis ( 1 Chinese, 1 Malay and 2 Indians), because there is simply no opportunity to mix with there others there even when we have members joining us when there were only 3 of us. They come, they have masking tape across their lips play the game and leave. There seems to be a wall around the cliques there and I do not see a mix within the groups.

What I would like to see is a racial mix also and I do not see that at NSRCC within flights and at the cafetaria at the range. But then again, thats a national social issue these days and chances are this could be the same elsewhere. Even social / amateur football teams are experiencing that phenomenon which we old birds fail to fathom. Whatever happened to the kampung spirit?

I know this has got nothing to do with playing golf - but getting out there to have a game is not just about playing golf only. It is the banter, the camraderie, the stories to be shared amongst the different races.

Would CGC give me that? I am not sure and would have to find out myself.

Hi Ace,

Nice to hear that ur kaki has built a fren base at CGC...

N since u r here, u can do it here in GR as well... There are lotsa nsrcc members here in GR, why need opportunity at the course?

Anyway, seems like u have more or less make up ur mind of joining CGC... So, go with ur heart...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:59 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
3131T wrote:



One thing u have to consider is ur golfing kakis... If u join CGC or Seletar, how many times u will be playing at ur club with ur kakis...

Whereas Im sure there will be lotsa kakis to play with at nsrcc...

For example, Ive a buddy who is a member of TMCC n NSRCC... His NSRCC membership expired n reluctant to renew cos of the price increase in green fee. After 2 months, he LL, gotta renew cos most of his kakis are NSRCC members, thou he has a choice of walking the Garden alone... ROFL ROFL ROFL



Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch


TMD. . U guys don't call me play next week.. I go walk alone...

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1185
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : YCK

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 pm

chien wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
3131T wrote:



One thing u have to consider is ur golfing kakis... If u join CGC or Seletar, how many times u will be playing at ur club with ur kakis...

Whereas Im sure there will be lotsa kakis to play with at nsrcc...

For example, Ive a buddy who is a member of TMCC n NSRCC... His NSRCC membership expired n reluctant to renew cos of the price increase in green fee. After 2 months, he LL, gotta renew cos most of his kakis are NSRCC members, thou he has a choice of walking the Garden alone... ROFL ROFL ROFL



Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch


TMD. . U guys don't call me play next week.. I go walk alone...

Crying or Very sad

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
talltist
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 32
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Come come join RCC. I think it's a good time to buy before they increase again

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Acemangill wrote:


Hi, I have one who is moving from NSRCC to CGC, so there will be two of us. He has already been playing there on and off and therefore have built a friend base there already that I could be part of.

At NSRCC, I have 4 kakis and over the 2 years I am still only playing with these 4 kakis ( 1 Chinese, 1 Malay and 2 Indians), because there is simply no opportunity to mix with there others there even when we have members joining us when there were only 3 of us. They come, they have masking tape across their lips play the game and leave. There seems to be a wall around the cliques there and I do not see a mix within the groups.

What I would like to see is a racial mix also and I do not see that at NSRCC within flights and at the cafetaria at the range. But then again, thats a national social issue these days and chances are this could be the same elsewhere. Even social / amateur football teams are experiencing that phenomenon which we old birds fail to fathom. Whatever happened to the kampung spirit?

I know this has got nothing to do with playing golf - but getting out there to have a game is not just about playing golf only. It is the banter, the camraderie, the stories to be shared amongst the different races.

Would CGC give me that? I am not sure and would have to find out myself.


rather than membes joining your group..... why not u join as a single ball

if u look at the local games sections, u may find ppl asking for kakis to join them.....

i do join as a single ball most of the times....be it looking at the local games section or pairing up by nsrcc....

i have met many frends along the way, as such i do find myself turning down games from all of them (i can only golf 2x a week)....

i dun have any problem chatting with my flight mates as well....

in fact, some of them cant get enough of me on the golf course.... flower




anyway its your choice..... i only wish the best

Beer
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

andrew-golf wrote:



Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch


i know its long overdue.....

how abt the 29th nov thurs changi???

i want to claim my crab!!!!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm

slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:



Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch


i know its long overdue.....

how abt the 29th nov thurs changi???

i want to claim my crab!!!!


i also waited for very long liao!

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:



Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch


i know its long overdue.....

how abt the 29th nov thurs changi???

i want to claim my crab!!!!


i also waited for very long liao!



so how???

on bo???
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 pm

slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:



Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch


i know its long overdue.....

how abt the 29th nov thurs changi???

i want to claim my crab!!!!


i also waited for very long liao!



so how???

on bo???


Hallo !!!

Dont hijack people thread la... GR so big must you guys toss arrange game here ??

Punishment ! :- I have to join your game and eat your crab !!

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

My schedule looks good

Lets have a good game with lots of pars and birdies followed by crab

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Wait..

Slinger. 28th can?
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 624
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : back lonkang

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:58 pm

@Ace - thanks for posting this thread. Mine is also expiring March 2013. Have been scratching my head for some time too.

@3131T - yes, my few kakis told me tt if i dont continue, I will hv no kakis liao. So looks like LL got to extend. Anyway I dont play so often & also hv not played with many GRians yet. NSRCC is convenient.
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 85
Join date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 am

Yes, indeed beehome. I have the same dilemma also. Have a bit of time still to think about it. (its worse then buying a car / house, eh!!).

I will see if I can join some flights where they need a ball. But then they may have to switch to English when playing with me.

Also, I have a slot on 24 Nov (2pm) Sat. if anyone's keen to join me PM me.

cheers
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 624
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : back lonkang

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 am

@Acemangill - Not so serious lah! Golf is a hobby/game. Just relax n enjoy. Do u know that u hv a good dilemma" -choosing between Nsrcc & other golf clubs. There are many ppl who cannot even afford to play the game, no time or even no health. So we should always count our blessings. That is how I look at it. Along the way, we make some good friends. Isn't it great!

As in life, there are good ppl and assholes. I am sure there are many good, friendly, nice bros here in GR. Arrange some games and play with them. Those tt u can clique with, u extend ur friendship.

Q - u can only speak english? No chinese or hokkien?

I am a weekday Kranji player. I usually join flight becos my timing is irregular. Have to agree with u tt most flightmates keep to themselves. I think it is natural so I usually am the 1 trying to be involve in their conversation. haha, kaypoh lah! cheers
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 am

@Acemangil - There is another option you may consider, there is the "clubless" option. Join the GR games with the folks here, join in as one-ball or even two if you have another kaki.

Play a game or two and walaaaa... u have new kakis already. I, myself is mainly english speaking and I have no problems playing with anyone here.. and in fact my regular kakis have come from this forum.

I still do meet up with my other frens whom I played with before I joined GR but they are not as passionate as the guys here... so frequency of play with them is limited to monthly games...and for the folks who knows me, they also know that playing golf once-a-month is sure hell not enough for me..

Its now no more a matter of finding kakis but we have been playing together for a while and we are so tightly wound that it becomes difficult to say no to a game (more often than not have to say no due to work like kinda what I am stucked with right now) when they call for one.

So yeah... clubless may be one option to go, give yourselves more room to run around in Singapore...or JB... It fun, I promise you...
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 85
Join date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am

Hi All - hope you had a good weekend.

I did not manage to play at CGC yesterday, but did go down to the club house on Friday night and Sat morning - had a look at the a couple of the fairways and greens. It is not so bad, but still not sure about going over to CGC. Back to the drawing board for me now.

I have a slot this Sat at NSRCC (Changi). So far it is only me in that flight. If anyone's keen to join me let me know, otherwise I would let it go and see from the other threads if any one's looking for one ball for this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 85
Join date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 am

slinger wrote:

Would CGC give me that? I am not sure and would have to find out myself.
rather than membes joining your group..... why not u join as a single ball
if u look at the local games sections, u may find ppl asking for kakis to join them.....
Beer

Have done just that, mate >>>

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20780-this-sat-nsrcc-changi-airforce#345095
Back to top Go down
damylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:41 pm

A bit out of topic, but can anyone recommend where I can find memberships at either CGC or Keppel at a reasonable price?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Try Tee Up Marketing Enterprises
Back to top Go down
damylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 pm

shimizu.toruk wrote:
Try Tee Up Marketing Enterprises

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Sorry for bumping a old thread.

But did anyone actually realized NSRCC increased their price again?!?!

I checked their bill for month of DEC and one game is now $51+ for member.

I remember they increased their pricing in Sept to $48+, is this a increase without informing the members?

P.S. Just had a game today and indeed the price for weekday is now $51+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Today at 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Moving from NSRCC to....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Moving from NSRCC to....
» Sherone Simpson moving from MVP to Racers?
» Nsrcc Saturday mornings
» NSRCC member list (for 9-hole game in the evenings)
» Keppel's moving?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.